• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Microsoft E3 Press Conference Discussion

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Nobody else expected its price to be much higher?

Higher than $500 is completely nonsensical, as proven by PS3's launch price. We all know that the companies were going to sell at losses, and that is pretty much lower than $600 just by inference.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I was expecting $700 tbh. I know I've harped on this for awhile, but after the Wii U's price reveal, I expected all the companies to sell at higher prices than the last gen.

They did a rape joke at the expense of a "girl who couldn't play the game well" Microsoft's conference was automatically terrible. Super excited for D4 though.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I really wasn't too impressed. Only game I want on there is Halo. Not worth $600 right now(system, game, and live)

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Right, here's my impressions on a few different things! All labeled in a nice order, and these are opinions of course.

Good
-Below
Looks like a really cool and quirky Indie game, and just really does look amazing. A must-buy, for me. Capybara, I hope you deliver again!
-Sunset Overdrive
What FUSE should have been! Looks pretty interesting, Insomniac's a good developer too. Will need to see more of course but, initial view is, not bad.
-Project Spark
Really cool! Nice to see a building game not just riding off Minecraft's coat-tails. Looks quite interesting, and gamers love creative things like that. I do a lot!
-No more MS Points
Bout ****ing time, MS.
-Free games
A good new feature. They may simply be catching up to Sony with this feature, but, at least they finally are!
-Twitch integration
Great move. I wondered why PS4 partnered with UStream, and it finally makes sense; MS got Twitch first. Good job, MS.
-Recording/Editing
Looks simple and nice. The amount of user sharing has sky-rocketed so this, along with Twitch integration, is definitely a good move by MS.
-Witcher 3
Nothing needs to be said. It's Witcher 3.
-Battlefield 4
Love me some Battlefield. Would prefer to see MP footage but, I know it'll be the same wild Battlefield fun. Campaign looks less dull, now. MS being all buddy with both COD and BF is also a pretty good position to be in, it seems.
-Dead Rising 3
MS must be burying money into Capcom's pockets, here. What an awesome exclusive. Whether it'll remain exclusive no one knows, but, even if it's timed, an excellent move. Looks amazing. regardless of anything.
-Halo 5
That reveal trailer really was a shock! Didn't expect that. Was pretty damn cool, though. Can't wait to hear more.
-Titanfall
Really an amazing looking game! I expected nothing less from the old IW guys who gave us COD4. As with all FPS' I'd probably get it on PC moreso but, looks quality. Exciting FPS'ing with Hawken-like mech gameplay. Count me in.

Average
-Ryse
Didn't really wow me, bar graphically, which isn't new to Crytek. Looks alright, but, not any kind of system seller for me.
-Killer Instinct
Again, looked great, though looks quite deep in development still, but fighting games aren't exactly my favourite thing ever. May pick it up just because Rare!
-Minecraft: Xbox One Edition
It's just Minecraft...

Bad
-Forza 5
Don't really like racing games and didn't like previous Forza games.
-Price tag
Not the end of the world. £429. Zavvi had it up for £400 so it's not a big jump, but, still. Was expecting this price all the same, but doesn't mean I like! But, I guess this is next-gen! PS4 will be hovering around the same.
-Kinect-****
Not interested.
-D4
Mehh.

And I might have missed stuff but GAWD WHATEVAH!

Overall:
I'd give MS a solid 8/10 for that conference. It was by far better than the last few E3 presentations, last year in particular's being pretty boring with just Ubisoft holding it up. That line-up of games is pretty damn strong, and there's quite a few there I'd be really interested in. They did show a lot of quality titles. I like the simplicity of the recording/editing as well as Twitch integration, too. Gamers like that; level editors for games like Trials get abused to hell and back by gamers, and YouTube gaming and streaming has just blown up. So MS keeping it easy and accessible is good on their part. No more fiddling around with capture devices and editing programs. Just works. If people want to relinquish the control, however, is another story.

Thumbs up from me. Can't wait to see what the others have in store! Maybe this'll be the best E3 in a long time!

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Son of Rome looked awesome, until it was nothing but quick time events. It was so close to being awesome, why do they keep adding quick time events to games.

Metal Gear looks awesome though.

Surprised about Killer Instinct but i'm not into fighters that much, but to fans of the old games and the genre probably excited about it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
They did a rape joke at the expense of a "girl who couldn't play the game well" Microsoft's conference was automatically terrible. Super excited for D4 though.

Huh? What rape joke? Was it during the KI gameplay bit?

If that's the case, I wouldn't say it's rape as we know it, but the gaming term rape i.e. getting absolutely mauled in the game. ;)

Huh? What rape joke? Was it during the KI gameplay bit?

If that's the case, I wouldn't say it's rape as we know it, but the gaming term rape i.e. getting absolutely mauled in the game. ;)

Excuse you? Rape isn't a joke no matter the context. And it especially shouldn't even be "jargon" for getting mauled in a game. They said it in a way that a rapist would say it to someone. It was absurdly disrespectful.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Excuse you? Rape isn't a joke no matter the context. And it especially shouldn't even be "jargon" for getting mauled in a game. They said it in a way that a rapist would say it to someone. It was absurdly disrespectful.

Sorry, but you can't tell someone that their humor is wrong. I'm not saying I'm in favor of it, but that's obviously their stupid little joke and you can't tell them to say/joke in a different manner. It's like something you do with a select circle of friends.

Sorry, but you can't tell someone that their humor is wrong. I'm not saying I'm in favor of it, but that's obviously their stupid little joke and you can't tell them to say/joke in a different manner. It's like something you do with a select circle of friends.

It IS wrong though. It's offensive.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It IS wrong though. It's offensive.

All of the scenes in Ryse Child of Rome were offensive to me (I personally don't like lots of blood and/or gore)...I can't tell them it's wrong. All you can do is block it out and look elsewhere. That's how real life works, however unfortunate it may be. :I

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer

Yes, and not in front of a large audience who are there for gaming news, not tactless jokes. :P

On Topic: I know very little about what was featured so far, but the premise of the few games I know about seem interesting. News for Halo 5 is what I most anticipate, though.

All of the scenes in Ryse Child of Rome were offensive to me (I personally don't like lots of blood and/or gore)...I can't tell them it's wrong. All you can do is block it out and look elsewhere. That's how real life works, however unfortunate it may be. :I

I agree with that too. It's like desensitization. Some people go for it, hey, that's their business. But when it's glorified, that's when it is something that is not good and shouldn't be supported.

But yes. QTEs are pretty offensive in gaming terms. Why are those there. Get them out.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Also Titan Fall, looks amazing.

But what I really want is for some one to do a real mech warrior game, or simulation style space fighter like Tie Fighter for the Wii U, where you can use the pad to control subsystem of the ship.

I was a big mech warrior fan back in the day, so Titan Fall has me half intrigued. Its a mix between modern FPS and mechs. But I still miss the day of non shooter/ arcade mechs.

The ones that made you feel like you were piloting a machine, the ones where my PPC's would aim at little red rectangles at 2km because the game couldn't render an object that far or mountains that were in the way for that matter... But thats not the point.

Smart glass is cool and all, but they can't reliably expect to develop games around it, because not every one is going to have a tablet to interface with the X1. And why I still think the Wii U introduced something bigger then any one realized, something that not even Nintendo was thinking about. They have to chance to bring games to the console that were simply impossible before due to control issues, to revive a whole style of game that hasn't seen the proper light of day in retail releases in a very long time.

Sorry for going off topic on the Wii U here, but the Titan Fall preview just had all those countless hours i spent as a kid playing Mech Warrior 2 + expansion packs coming back to me.

Something I hope some one out there in the industry realizes is now feasible on console release. Granted Star Lancer for the dream cast actually held pretty solid to the simulation style fighter despite being on console via use of shot cut keys that had to be pressed in combination. Though a tablet controller really opens things up for the genre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom