• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Master Sword & Hylain Shield Replicas

Hero Of Spirits

Champion of Cyrodiil
Hi all, thought I might share this piece of info with my fellow Zelda fans.

I've met a fiberglass crafter from Marysland who crafts very high detailed Replicas of the Master Sword & Hylian Shield from OoT & TP. His website is www.fiberglassblades.com, & prices range from $200 to $500. Have a look, I think you will be impressed. His name is Aaron, by the way. He's a nice bloke, & very helpful. :)

heh, funny... I've seen the site before and even asked him for prices. It was like $400 for a fully finished, fully painted Master Sword. Another $400 for the Hylian Shield.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I've seen his stuff before and considered commissioning him for some armor... but I don't like fiberglass, so I'm a bit iffy about it. His stuff is great, though.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
It looks nice, but it's not a REAL sword and shield. :( If I'm going to pay money for a sword, I want to know that I could use it if I needed to. Otherwise, it's just taking up space.

You might think guns would make them useless, but there's always the question of what you're going to use if you run out of bullets and can't get access to more... and quite frankly, I think a sword is still a better hand-to-hand weapon than a rifle with a bayonet on the end of it.

At this point in time, I really don't want to own a weapon since we have police. But if the world gets much more chaotic than it is, I'll consider getting one.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Athenian, you realize those are cosplay swords, right? Very beautiful cosplay swords at that. It's amazing to see cosplay items with that level of detail.

athenian200

Circumspect
Athenian, you realize those are cosplay swords, right? Very beautiful cosplay swords at that. It's amazing to see cosplay items with that level of detail.

Actually, I don't even know what cosplay is. :embarrassed: I'm vaguely aware that it has something to do with why those aren't real swords.

I just find myself confused by the idea that someone would buy a sword that can't even be used as a weapon. It just seems... well, not very useful. Are they just so terribly bad at using a sword that they figure they might as well use a fake Master Sword to scare gullible people off because they're screwed if they have to fight anyway? I don't get it.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Cosplay is basically a glorified version of playing dressup.

Also, are you unaware of the term collecting?

athenian200

Circumspect
Cosplay is basically a glorified version of playing dressup.

Also, are you unaware of the term collecting?

No, I understand that one. Collectors are people who go around trying to collect everything of interest in relation to an interest, in this case Zelda. Since this looks nice and isn't easy to come by, it's probably collectible. Okay, I get it now. I was just thrown off because it was based on a weapon.

If this is supposed to be a toy for kids who dress up as Link so they don't hurt themselves playing with a real sword, that also makes sense.

It seems pretty obvious what it's for now, I just didn't start off in the right frame of mind. >.<

I now agree that it's a VERY nice effort at making it look realistic.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
No, I understand that one. Collectors are people who go around trying to collect everything of interest in relation to an interest, in this case Zelda. Since this looks nice and isn't easy to come by, it's probably collectible. Okay, I get it now. I was just thrown off because it was based on a weapon.

If this is supposed to be a toy for kids who dress up as Link so they don't hurt themselves playing with a real sword, that also makes sense.

It seems pretty obvious what it's for now, I just didn't start off in the right frame of mind. >.<

I now agree that it's a VERY nice effort at making it look realistic.
*cough* Not just for kids who "play". It's for people who can't afford to have real swords crafted. It's also for those who do cosplay (think Halloween, just not on Halloween) and go to conventions where real weapons are prohibited.

Eh... I got the price wrong... its $450 for a Master Sword and $450 for a Hylian Shield. Here's the e-mail I got back when I asked him the prices:

Hey,

Thanks for your interest! I'm not sure I'm going to start making swords again though. They take a lot of work, cost a lot in materials, and I need to be getting a real job. But, when I was making the swords I charged $450 for the sword/sheath, and $450 for the shield. So, if you do happen to have the money and really really want one, there may be a chance later down the line. Till, then, thanks for your interest, and let me know if you have any other questions!

Aaron

And I don't know if he's going to start making them again or not. I haven't checked the site recently.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I'm pretty sure he'd make them right away if someone was to offer him well over the asked price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom