• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mario References in Non Mario Games.

How about all the ones in Zelda? Link's Awakening had many including the Yoshi Doll, several enemies, I think Toad is in the game too. Ocarina of Time had the stuff inside the castle. Majora's Mask had the Mario mask that was always on the HMS's backpack. Some also say the Composer Brothers and Ingo and Talon were made to look like Mario and Luigi which I believe.

Link's Awakening Mario References

Enemies
-Goomba
-Piranha Plant
-Cheep-Cheep
-Boo
-Mask-Mimic
-Pokey
-Bloober
-Thwimp/Thwomp
-Bombite
-Bow-Wow

Other References
-The Yoshi Doll
-The picture of Princess Peach
-Mamu resembles Wart
-Tarin resembles Mario
-The Cucco Keeper resembles Luigi

Last edited:
I was looking around, and I came across this.

There are a lot more references to Mario than I thought. The list just goes on and on.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
There are a huge amount of mario references in Scott Pilgrim: The Game, which is ridiculous, seeing as how it's on Xbox 360 and PS3, but not on Wii.

It's like 3-D Dot Game Heroes, which was a PS3 exclusive that clearly homaged Zelda and has in fact been called a rip-off more than once. Homaging Nintendo doesn't mean it has to be on a Nintendo console.

I saw that list, by the way, and find it disturbing how many Mario references Assasin's Creed seems to have.

So, for my own example, I don't think this counts, as it's user-generated content, but I'll still put it because it's very cool.

[video=youtube;xJ1rWNUbjRQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ1rWNUbjRQ[/video]

amaterasu

Writer
How about all the ones in Zelda? Link's Awakening had many including the Yoshi Doll, several enemies, I think Toad is in the game too. Ocarina of Time had the stuff inside the castle. Majora's Mask had the Mario mask that was always on the HMS's backpack. Some also say the Composer Brothers and Ingo and Talon were made to look like Mario and Luigi which I believe.

I was going to say that! That's what she said!

here's a list of references that come to my mind

**Megaman 3** in Snakeman's level there are enemiees that very closely resemble bullet bills

**Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes** when you first make it to Otacon after finishing the boss fight with Gray Fox you can see that Otacon has a Mario and a Yoshi figure on one of the monitors, if you shoot the Mario figure you hear the 1-up chime, if you shoot Yoshi you get the famous Yoshi cheer, another reference is before the Psycho Mantis fight, he reads Snake's mind and one of the things he says is "i see you've been playing Super Mario Sunshine"

**F-Zero** in the series the character Mr. EAD has a face that's closely designed after Mario, while you may say it's a coincidence, you can tell it's intentional because if you look at his belt buckle, it's the star from the Mario series complete with it's eyes

**Banjo Tooie** i can't remember the entire part of the scene but there's a Mario reference involved, if you talk to the clauged toilet guy at Grunty Industries Kazooie will tell the toilet guy to call Mario

amaterasu

Writer
in OoT 64, not sure if it's in the 3DS Version (if this hasn't already been said)

If you look in the windows on the right side when you go in to meet Zelda, you can see pics of some Mario Characters. Mario, Peach, Bowser....

OUT OF TOPIC: On the other side if you shoot a slingshot seed at the window, a guard will look over and be all like "Hey kid! Don't cause any trouble!" and throw a bomb at you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom