• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Making the Wars More Large Scale

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Every Zelda game will reference some kind of war between good guys and bad guys over whatever thing. However, it turns out that the "war" was really Link vs a ****ton of baddies. Link is hardly a bunch of folks, eh? So, would it be effective to make the wars ingame to be abit larger scale? Or do you not have a problem with the "war" being only Link vs the bad guys?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
What we need is a game where a war actually takes place during the course of the adventure -- preferably near the end, if not AT the end. Before the timeline was officially revealed, I was hoping Zelda Wii U would be a game set in-between Twilight Princess and A Link to the Past where the Imprisoning War came to fruition, and the final battle was all-out chaos among the Hylian guards and Ganon's minions, which led up to the finale of Link vs. Ganon, followed by the latter being sealed in the Dark World. Would have been an epic scenario.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
If you're talking about the wars that come in the backstory of the games, the Hyrulean Civil War and the Seal War both involved a lot of people.

As for the in game play, I would enjoy seeing something a bit larger scale. I'd like to see the Hylian Knights actually do something for once.

It'd be cool if the final boss battle was a one on one showdown of Link vs. the bad guy with a massive raging battle going on in the background involving the Knights and the bad guy's army. That'd be epic

Big Octo

=^)
I would like to see large-scale battles in future games. The Hylian army against a horde of monsters and other minions of Ganon with Link also fighting in the fray would be an epic sequence that would likely be enjoyable and interesting to watch. Incorporating a war as a plot element during the duration of the game would be pretty sweet as well. Finally seeing the army of Hyrule in action would be pretty intriguing to me and would definitely be somethind I'd look into. Finally, as JuicieJ and r2d93 have mentioned, having the final battle with the main villain take place with a large battle raging around them would be nothing short of amazing.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
It would be pretty cool to have the final battle in the midst of a war. Like all of the Hylian Knights and the villain's minions are all battling around you while you take on the main villain him/herself. It could make for a pretty intense boss fight.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I wish they'd do more of it. I want Link defend the Castle against a army trying to storm it, and an epic battle on the plains of Hyrule Field. I really hope a future installment brings us a more intense warfare than what we've seen so far.

Course, it should not be a LOTR rip off.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I'd like to see them show us some large-scale warfare, yeah, preferably in-game but I guess I'd settle with a very cinematic cutscene showing it all, shouldn't expect too much from Nintendo. The Wii U is powerful enough to depict it, or at least attempt to, and it would be a cool thing to be involved in. I mean, it'd make for a pretty great ending. Army clashes with army, Link and others fight their way through and then it ends with just Link vs the big bad guy. How many times that's been thought of I've no idea, but, that's because it's pretty damn cool! It'd be a really intense situation and something I'd love to see in Zelda especially since the worlds still seem so un-organic even now and something like that would really revitalize it for me.

Salem

SICK
My basic idea has been to have a game that focuses on the development of a Hylian army. Instead of journeying around Hyrule to collect spiritual gems or relics, you are forging alliances with other races to help overthrow Ganondorf (or some other villain who has already taken hold of Hyrule). You could then have the opportunity to arrange some form of battle plan before storming the castle. I stress before because it would be too easily led into an RTS battle which would of course detract from the one-man action that typically dominates Zelda games. The strength of your army and plan then determines whether or not you get into the castle and by what means. For example, if you go for a battle plan that allows you to get into the castle stealthily whilst the rest of your army are fighting outside, you can take on the final boss one on one. Should you go for an all out storm on the gates you instead have to fight the boss and his army alongside your own once inside.

It would be hard to pull off, and difficult to determine what punishment to give to the player should they fail. But if done correctly I think it could be one hell of an experience. With the WiiU we finally have the processing power to have a decent amount of CPU's on screen at any one time, so I wouldn't have thought it would be beyond them anymore.
It sounds TOO much like Dynasty Warriors, doesn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom