• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Start

Deity

This may be a stupid question, but I just started another file on Majora's Mask and I became a little confused about the starting text.

mmstart.jpg

majorasmaskstart2.jpg

Since Majora's Mask comes right after the child portion of OOT, how would anyone know about that particular Link's ordeals. Considering his legend actually came from the trials he faced in the adult portion.

Its not really a big question or anything, I was just wondering...

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
I've always been under the assumption that when Link went to Zelda after being sent back, either A) She some how had it in her memory of what happened. Or :cool: Link told Zelda about everything that went down, and therefore it was put into legend on the child timeline of what Link did to save Hyrule. That would explain the beginning of MM. But hey, I'm just some guy making up stuff to support what he wants to have happened haha

Here is my theory. When Zelda sent Link back in time, she didn't really send him back in time but more like returned everything into a former state. Everyone's memory was still intact, but everyone was younger and everything bad or good was undone except the Triforce was still split and Ganon was still sealed. Anyways, it is possible that the narrator is speaking in a third person omniscient-tone.

Last edited:
i believe link told zelda and the king of hyrule of his adventures with the triforce of courage as proof. thus rewriting history and stopping ganondorf in the child timeline in his tracks. the tale of the hero of time was kept secret and only known by the royal family.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Here's what I think:

Link went back to the Courtyard to tell Zelda about Ganondork. Knowing of her naivete, Link told her all about Ganondorf, the Triforce, the future, et cetera. Since Link knows 1st hand that Zelda's dreams are actually real, Zelda had to get something out of Link, and explained it to the King, thus making Child Link a hero, even if he is technically too young to be one.

Here's what I think:

Link went back to the Courtyard to tell Zelda about Ganondork. Knowing of her naivete, Link told her all about Ganondorf, the Triforce, the future, et cetera. Since Link knows 1st hand that Zelda's dreams are actually real, Zelda had to get something out of Link, and explained it to the King, thus making Child Link a hero, even if he is technically too young to be one.
There is one problem with that theory. The King of Hyrule did not believe zelda as it is, so why believe her now since she has a ten-year-old in green? And even if Link uses the Triforce of Courage, he can't really do anything with it.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
The narrator isn't a character tied to the CT. The tone seems to indicate an omnicient narrator. I think the quote just serves as an introduction to the game, and the narrator knows the legend because those events took place in another game. Basically, the narrator is telling you about a legend known and held dearly by the royal family on the AT. However, we do know that the CT royal family learned of his heroic deeds, so the legend was also probably echoed by them.

My theory is that Link 'Creeping away from the land that had made him a legend' was, in fact, him being sent back in time.

M

Mystic Shade

I think that in the CT, the Royal Family would try to keep the legend of the Hero of time a closely guarded secret so that the knowledge of the Triforce would not tempt power hungry tribes or people like Ganondorf to attack Hyrule and seek this power (Like ALttP). Also, the narrator probably isn't tied into the CT and is simply there to re-establish link's deeds from OoT.

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
Okay, this is my theory.
Link's ordeals did not make him a legend in the child timeline (considering that he was an adult). But rather, the way he saved Hyrule by unmasking Ganondorf's potential evil and the Hylian government him brought to justice. (Which leads to TP Arbiter's Grounds). That made him a legend, throwing an evil man who can take over Hyrule in prison. (if that makes sense to you :lol:)

Deity

Well all of those make some pretty good sense, really liking this one.

The narrator isn't a character tied to the CT. The tone seems to indicate an omnicient narrator. I think the quote just serves as an introduction to the game, and the narrator knows the legend because those events took place in another game. Basically, the narrator is telling you about a legend known and held dearly by the royal family on the AT. However, we do know that the CT royal family learned of his heroic deeds, so the legend was also probably echoed by them.

W

wherestheblanke

I just thought that Link told zelda of all the craziness that went on, then Zelda thought he was crazy, kicked him out, and then link started a rumor about his awesome adult adventures :P

STEVEN

Flat The Court Composer
Unspilt

except the Triforce was still split and Ganon was still sealed.
When did the triforce become unspilt or put back because, in OoA we see the triforce in full unaffected and whole, then it send slink to labrynna and well...
We all seem to believe that OoA happens after OoT but then if Gandondorf is in the now not-so sacred realm with the triforce of power how was that removed

When did the triforce become unspilt or put back because, in OoA we see the triforce in full unaffected and whole, then it send slink to labrynna and well...
We all seem to believe that OoA happens after OoT but then if Gandondorf is in the now not-so sacred realm with the triforce of power how was that removed

When did the triforce become un-split or put back because, in OoA we see the triforce in full unaffected and whole, then it send slink to labrynna and well...
When the wielders of the triforce die, don't they go back to were they once were? Also, at the end of OoT, when you see Link sent back in the courtyard, you can clearly see the triforce mark glowing on his hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom