• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Round 3 (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
The only way to know for sure what the mafia is planning is if you ARE a mafia. This seems odd to me that you go into detail about what the mafia could possibly do, especially for someone who claims to be a townie. Even though you said this was only an example, let's just say it's a pretty long one.
lol yes, I am mafia and clearly the best course of action for a mafia member to take is to give a detailed explanation of their plans for the general townie population to see. </sarcasm>

But really, what kind of mafia member would up and tell everyone what they are doing? Ever heard of the idea that to find your enemy you must think like your enemy? That's why so often the people who seem most town are actually mafia and the people who seem most suspicious are actually town.

Are you a magician? =D

What are you? An algebraic magician? =D
Yes, yes I am. I pull rabbits out of inverse parabolas and use them to prove that multiplication = division. Free shows every Tuesday afternoon! :3

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Huh, how curious. All 3 Mafia games so far, MK9 has been scum, and all 3 times he was killed by the vig. I find that amusing. And I must say, Austin, nice death scenes.

Actually, in the first game, Mafia killed me. Not the Vig.

And FFFFFFFF... seriously, why can I never last until the end of the game? Anyways, Mafia. Sorry I failed in helping you achieve a No Death game this time. Good luck, and make the Vig's death brutal for me, kay?

green goron

Best of the Gorons
wtf, MK9 mafia AGAIN!?

Dude really is a threat.....

Getting a bit katty, aren't we Xinnamin?

Ver go post very short replies stated something obvious. In his past 2 posts all he said was that he couldn't believe MK9 was scum and that's it. In the second one he says that Xinnamin is getting too hyper. Geeze thanks for contributing so much.

IGMEOY: Ver go

If you look at my post, the reason for editing was becasue I spelled a word wrong~

So we got rid of some scum. But then the scum took out three people. Ooo~ They're winning...

For future reference its against the rules to edit your posts... even if you misspell... thats what an "EBWODP" is for (Edit by way of double post). You could say its a spelling error you fixed but really remove some evidence that was incriminating you...

Din Akera

Sniper
*facepalms*
Wow, Axle and MK9. I feel like we are reliving the last game, again. lol. Anyway, At this point, i'm starting to think that we have another experienced godfather on our hands. I think that is where we should focus.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
It's getting to dangerous, and the perfect time isn't coming.. I'll tell you some things that are very important. I'm only doing this because I'll probably die and I don't have much time left for this.

You guys all think I'm an inexperient newbie? :xd: I'm a lot better in this game as you all think, I learned to notice some simple things what are very important. And the fact you all thought I was a stupid newbie, I just used it ;)

When you know when the game mod is assigning the roles, you can learn a lot before even the game starts. I knew when PJ was assigning the roles, so I checked " who's online" every 5 minutes (just a quick look at it), first I saw Durion looking at his pm's. The time he looked at it was 1 minute after PJ's last activity. That was why I accused Durion, I was waiting for him to make a mistake. After he would've made one I wanted to reveal this. But I stopped with it because TheGreen appeared (I lynched him last GW, and I was not sure if that had anything to do with the fact that he started to attack me, so I stopped for some time).

I also saw Hanyou looking at his pm's. After the game started I noticed he sometimes checked Mafia, send a private message after that, and looked at Mafia again. Quite suspicious I think.

I have to say that I was accusing Durion to try how far I could go/how easy it was. In the beginning I was testing this game a bit, so I was acting like a "stupid townie", this is why most people think I'm really suspicious.

I know there is not really much evidence against Hanyou and Durion but this evidence is based on facts, not how they played this game (we atleast know they both have roles)

- if we lynch Durion there is arround 60% change he's a scum (there are more scum as special townies)
- If we lynch Hanyou there is arround 90% change he's a scum (only Mafia knows each others roles, if he was a special townie he couldn't pm the other townies, but I know he pm'd other persons about this so he's probably a Mafia no matter what he says about this)

If we lynch someone else without something like this there's not much more as 20% change he/she is a scum.

Vote: Hanyou I won't change my vote very quick if you just say something, because everyone can; you don't have to be a scum or townie to react and we can't get more evidence as we now have.

I'll probably die next, so I revealed it. If you lynch me/nighkill me, you'll see I was right

Austin

Austin
When you know when the game mod is assigning the roles, you can learn a lot before even the game starts. I knew when PJ was assigning the roles, so I checked " who's online" every 5 minutes (just a quick look at it), first I saw Durion looking at his pm's. The time he looked at it was 1 minute after PJ's last activity. That was why I accused Durion, I was waiting for him to make a mistake. After he would've made one I wanted to reveal this. But I stopped with it because TheGreen appeared (I lynched him last GW, and I was not sure if that had anything to do with the fact that he started to attack me, so I stopped for some time).

I also saw Hanyou looking at his pm's. After the game started I noticed he sometimes checked Mafia, send a private message after that, and looked at Mafia again. Quite suspicious I think.
It's against the rules to bring in out of game evidence such as this, so no further discussion can take place on this matter.

lol yes, I am mafia and clearly the best course of action for a mafia member to take is to give a detailed explanation of their plans for the general townie population to see. </sarcasm>

But really, what kind of mafia member would up and tell everyone what they are doing? Ever heard of the idea that to find your enemy you must think like your enemy? That's why so often the people who seem most town are actually mafia and the people who seem most suspicious are actually town.

With each new game, there are new mafia members. New heads means new strategies to come up with. I stand by what I said. There is no way to know for sure what the mafia are thinking right now unless you are one.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
It's against the rules to bring in out of game evidence such as this, so no further discussion can take place on this matter.

I don't see why :suspicious:, I only noticed they were pm'ing after looking at the Mafia thread. Sorry, but I've never seen something official what proves they are Mafia members so this is not against any rules :hmm:

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
You guys all think I'm an inexperient newbie?

Yes. I do think you're an inexperient newbie.
I'm not sayin you're ruining the game, but...

And I'm not sure I understand why you're playing? Just to win? Do you enjoy cheating?
Whatever. That's just immature.
I don't see why :suspicious:, I only noticed they were pm'ing after looking at the Mafia thread. Sorry, but I've never seen something official what proves they are Mafia members so this is not against any rules :hmm:
Oh do you make the rules now? I didn't realize you had more authority in this thread than the Game Mod.
What don't you understand about "out of game evidence"?

EBWODP
sorry PJ, I continued discussion on this matter :/

- DO NOT POST INFORMATION FROM OUTSIDE THE GAME. This means any information, revealing or otherwise, that comes from screenshots of the active user list, IM conversations, or anything. If you post such information, you will be ModKilled.

Taken from Game Two rules, aka the rules you agreed to when you signed up for game 3. Just so there's clarification. There are however ways to prove your point without the active members list. And I will tell you for the record that the "active members lists" give more information to forum mods, as to WHO they are PMing at the time, and wouldn't that be a REAL disadvantage if they used it against you, which is partially why such rules exist. (This rule was put into effect after LoZ.com game 2 when myself and another mod had exposed Axle PMing the game mod during a 15 minute night period.) While you may personally look at the list, you will have to come up with another way to express it. Its not impossible, and just think of it as an added challenge.

Din Akera said:
lol. Apparently this is not true for MK9. XD

Well I would still say he had a different strategy this game... He had me fooled this time. Which is scary indeed. generally I know half of the mafia members by the end of day 2. Clearly that's not the case in this game. I blame it on the "No Lynch" Yesterday. That probably withheld us from crucial information that I could have used to expose the mafia. MK9 is pretty much a different "person" each and every game. Makes it harder to determine his strategy. Now lets go get some scum.

Kokioron still leaves a sour taste in my mouth when mentioned. I can't explain it, it just sits in my gut. Maybe he's not the scum, maybe hes the Serial Killer, but he is definitly of the anti townie alignment. He had every reason to kill Axle. Every reason to kill AwesomeLink, and every reason to kill Kybyrian (if we go with the theory that the Mafia, SK, and Vig either all targeted him, or 2/3'rds targeted him and one got roleblocked... ect....) We could let him stay in the game longer and just continue to pick us townies off, or we could remove this obvious threat.

Kokioron still leaves a sour taste in my mouth when mentioned. I can't explain it, it just sits in my gut. Maybe he's not the scum, maybe hes the Serial Killer, but he is definitly of the anti townie alignment. He had every reason to kill Axle. Every reason to kill AwesomeLink, and every reason to kill Kybyrian (if we go with the theory that the Mafia, SK, and Vig either all targeted him, or 2/3'rds targeted him and one got roleblocked... ect....) We could let him stay in the game longer and just continue to pick us townies off, or we could remove this obvious threat.

You make a good point, but all of those 3 membes were killed by different factions. AwesomeLink was lynched on the first day, Kybyrian was killed by the Mafia on the first night and finally, Axle the Beast was killed off by the Vigilante. So it doesn't really tie Kokirion down to any 3 of those roles yet. And only one of them was killed by a faction that we want dead, being the Mafia. I'll make an analysis of him later though, as he is very suspicious, so for now...

FoS: kokirion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom