• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Round 3 (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
If you guys lose me, you will NOT win this game. Unless you guys are scum that are suspicious of me.

This is a very arrogant thing to say. You could be the Vigilante, who would help Townies take out the Mafia. But you could also be the Godfather. This quote could suggest that your minions would go ballistic without you. And I have a question. Why, might I ask, would the scum be suspicious of someone when they know who the other members are? They only need to look for the Serial Killer. They know who's Mafia and who's not as they are allowed to PM each other.

This is a very arrogant thing to say. You could be the Vigilante, who would help Townies take out the Mafia. But you could also be the Godfather. This quote could suggest that your minions would go ballistic without you. And I have a question. Why, might I ask, would the scum be suspicious of someone when they know who the other members are? They only need to look for the Serial Killer. They know who's Mafia and who's not as they are allowed to PM each other.

I've been thinking. Last game, atsuma said something about not responding to every comment coming his way. When the heat was on, he ate his own words and responded to everybody.

My point is, I don't recall Hero of Time responding to this comment. Atsuma 2.0 maybe?

I've been thinking. Last game, atsuma said something about not responding to every comment coming his way. When the heat was on, he ate his own words and responded to everybody.

My point is, I don't recall Hero of Time responding to this comment. Atsuma 2.0 maybe?

I didn't respond because if I said anything of purpose, what I would say would basically be roleclaiming, which is against the rules.

Kokirion still seems to be suspicious to me. I mean Kyby pointed out that he had acted possibly suspicious. That night Kyby ends up dead.

Next day he places a vote on Axle without a real opinion, just a little side text. Its like he's trying to take out townies without getting noticed during the day period, and ridding himself of the more high risk threats at night.

I must check but I believe he voted for AwesomeLink as well? I could be mistaken I will check when I return home from my inlaws and report back...

FoS: Kokiron

As Promised here is my report.

yep, you are right. VOTE: awesome

Yes, he did did vote for awesomeLink in the day.

You have no reson to IGMEOY me, I should be the one who IGMEOYs you.. :dry: don't turn things. You are just trying to make me suspicious of your own mistake. I would've thought "ok" if you didn't IGMEOY me, sorry but this in now an FOS.

Now this also sounds suspicious to me... Why would he get all defensive when AwesomeLink threw a little suspicion his way? It sounds like he's got a couple of ants in his pants and that hes trying to cover something to me. When Awesome turned townie... I think we all should have looked towards Kokiron who led the way.

He adds very little to the discussion, is quick to accuse and is trying to take out our stronger members. This isn't good for the town at all.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
yes I voted for Awesome. It was just to hard to not doing that :xd:, he said we had to lynch someone and I just couldn't leave it to vote for him. The problem was that I voted for him and I went to bed after that and when
I woke up he was lynched. It wasn't really my meaning to lynch him, I thought most people were voting for "no lynch".

I didn't respond because if I said anything of purpose, what I would say would basically be roleclaiming, which is against the rules.

A lot of people quoted that. I thought you must have tried to clear things up by now other other than saying your role.

If you guys lose me, you will NOT win this game. Unless you guys are scum that are suspicious of me.

I agree with Durion on this. Sure this could be some roleclaiming, but I think it may just be some little messup. It does seem a little bit pompous, but it's not a huge tell. It's not warranting an IGMEOY in any case.

FoS: Hero of Time

In support of Hero of Time, he did say there's no way I was going to show up when he voted for me, implying that was a large part of his reasoning. So when I did show up, much of his reasoning would be gone. I'm not saying he isn't a little suspicious, but I don't think that is a valid reason... for anything.

=But I just had an epiphany. What if The SK, Vig, and mafia all targeted Kybyrian? That could also explain the lack of multiple deaths. He played a genius game last round, and had us all deceived.
Very possible. That's probably the most likely possibility out of the many different reasons it could have happened the way it did. Either way I'm not sure it matters. Figuring out why Ky was the only nightkill can't really help us since we have no way of determining what the reason for it is. If we knew it was because of roleblockers or something, then we could use it to form theories, but in this case we can't.

I noticed that too. Hero of Time seems to be flip flopping a lot and my suspicion of him is really starting to grow. <.<
One thing I'd like to note: Flip-flopping on votes is kind of a difficult thing to use as evidence as many "sheep" players (ones who don't form strong theories of their own but follow others because they're not as good at the game) have a tendency to do this. They don't form strong theories and are unsure of their own decisions. The problem is this is both indicative of newbie Townies and newbie Mafia; both could be doing this. So using that as evidence is basically a 50-50 tossup. Considering the number of newbie players in this game compared to the small number of Mafia, it might change to something like 60-40 or 80-20, the lower number being the possibility that he's Mafia. Not saying a lynch is a bad idea as such players aren't necessarily trustworthy either way (no one is really), just stating some facts.

And, there is a "real" possibility for anyone to be scum. For all we know, we could be on the COMPLETELY wrong track and Hero and Axel could both be townies. Narrowing your scope on who can "really" be scum is what got Awesome lynched and what lost the whole game for townies in round 2.
Truer words were never spoken. From experience, I can confirm that the strongest, surest evidence that someone is scum could prove to be wrong and the most innocent looking person could be guilty. If we're dealing with good Mafia here, then that is likely the case.

Lynching Axle now seems like a mistake. He's an invaluable asset to the townie cause. Honestly, HoT seems more suspicious. Granted, it seems more like he's just a follower, going where the current wind blows him, but still....
Yeah, just wanted to note this but in general, you have to weigh the value of the players. Additional, you should weigh threat. Take for example an experienced and a newbie player, both with suspicion on them. The experienced one is valuable, so killing him first might not be a good idea. But also consider that he's the most dangerous if he is guilty. Killing valuable players is generally not a good strategy, but if their suspicion is strong enough that player might be too much of a liability. Draw your own conclusions.

And then there's the fact that scum CAN potentially go "Power Role Hunting" as I like to call it. That's actually the whole reason Durion lasted till the end of the last game. Durion wasn't hurting them at the moment and they had leads on the Power Roles. They prioritized finding the Vig and other such roles over killing Durion.
Yes, and this is one reason that I think unless absolutely necessary we should not even speak of the various roles, for the pure reason of protecting him. With a few exceptions, I actually find role-spotting to be a suspicious thing overall. XP

Realistically maybe it isn't, since the Mafia would just nightkill, and wouldn't have much if any reason to bring it to the town, but either way I implore you guys to stay quiet about the special roles unless you need to say something to save someone or something.

Er, forgot to add this...

Bottom line, both kokirion and Hero of Time do look suspicious, but I'm not convinced it's for very solid reasons. They strike me as newbies. The question is are they newbie townies or mafia? It still might be worth a lynch all things considered. I'm not exactly comfortable voting for either unless there's more of an agreement though, because frankly I don't really care either way.

So until something changes...

Vote: No Lynch

Austin

Austin
Just a reminder, this day will end at 12:00 AM October 19th. You have about a day and a half to get your votes in.

Giving the mafia a free walk this round? Sounds scary to me. And some of our more skilled players voting for it as well? I'm skeptical. I think we could have something with Kokiron, who's acted suspicious since day one.

Its likely 3 townies will die tonight. Why not take a stab and try to find a mafia? We are leaving it up to two people to find 5 mafia through the night. with the abilities of the 19(?) of us townies, we should be able to come up with someone who's a likely candidate to be scum.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
I lied... I'm here to stay (Actually, I got on earlier than expected, so...:P)

But at this point, we shouldn't really vote no lynch because it gives an open kill for mafia and serial killer and such, but remember, there's other things that come into play; the vigilante, the doctor, the cop, ect.

We shouldn't really vote no lynch, but just keep in mind that there's other things that come into play, but I repeat, we should not vote no lynch. (But who should we lynch... hm... =\)

yes I voted for Awesome. It was just to hard to not doing that :xd:, he said we had to lynch someone and I just couldn't leave it to vote for him. The problem was that I voted for him and I went to bed after that and when
I woke up he was lynched. It wasn't really my meaning to lynch him, I thought most people were voting for "no lynch".

if you didn't want to see him lynched then you really shouldn't have voted for him in the first place. I think I've gathered all the evidence I need...

Vote: Kokiron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom