• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 6: Castlevania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's keep in mind, IF SoL is the Serial Killer, then she could also nightkill scum. Idk how many Townies have nightkill abilities, and the probability of lynching scum right now is rather low. I'm still not ready to let her loose, though. This is all assuming she is the SK, which I'm not convinced of. After all, misreading your role pm is not an uncommon mistake.

Gawd I hate the first Day :/

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
Hey. We don't have much evidence on SoL, but I think we should lynch him. Information and suspiciouns are scarce on day 1, so I think we should give votes out more lightly. On day 2 you have alot to go on, and more information and discussion, which leads to more suspiciouns. Plus, if he's the Serial Killer, this could be a great chance to lynch him. Though i'll wait a bit, since there's still plenty of time left, and me or someone else might find someone more suspicious.

Does any one else find this scummy?? I mean he says it like he knows that SoL is something.. Sure it may be scarce on day one, but you clearly pointed to him. What about me. People think I'm suspicious or what ever. Or what about Keysha or whom ever. Why him?

IGMEOY: dracomajora

Edit because of double post:

her i mean not him Sorry SoL

Kybyrian

Alright, I'm gonna go ahead and switch my vote around here.

Unvote: jedizora
Vote: Hero of Music

I find you a lot more suspicious than I find jedizora. At first I wasn't too tempted to lift my vote, but I'm willing to let jedizora off the hook for now, setting the information that led the vote aside for later.

Your general attitude toward the game has been disturbing me. It has that feel to it... one that I typically associate with the Mafia trying to hide among the inactives but staying out there just enough, but not enough to get caught. Normally I would set this information aside in my notes (as I've done with several other people in this game so far), but it's clear that you've been reading the thread. You've offered up your own opinions on a few simple things - those being RVS and Elfen, also some small bits of side information, perfect for staying hidden - and, as far as I've seen, you've done little to no actual play and have cast your vote on Elfen. At this point in the game you still have not removed it, and you've neglected doing much of anything else, either. I've got a good feeling that you're scum in this game.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Hey. We don't have much evidence on SoL, but I think we should lynch him. Information and suspiciouns are scarce on day 1, so I think we should give votes out more lightly. On day 2 you have alot to go on, and more information and discussion, which leads to more suspiciouns. Plus, if he's the Serial Killer, this could be a great chance to lynch him. Though i'll wait a bit, since there's still plenty of time left, and me or someone else might find someone more suspicious.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I *just* poasted the gender thread yesterday!
</moar raeg>

Everyone who's called me a guy... I'll be Watching you.

Not back, but finally got access to a computer. I'mma see if there's any opinion I can give. I know I won't have as full an understanding reading things, rather than being there when it happens, so I'll have to base my opinions off of my first impressions.

Damn my being gone.

Anyway, I'll post again for my suspicions.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Vote: Elfen

Voting for a no lynch at this point of the game is stupid. You might as well just not have said anything. Plus, no lynches really only help scum kill someone else during the night.

No lynch is for mafia. It does not benefit the town in the least.VOTE: Elfen.

I do see some sense in Elfen's actions to vote for no lynch at this point of the game (which I do think is not a wise choice), I still think voting for him is jumping the gun. FoS: HoM and Jedizora

Anyone else find these posts (and all of his others) to be extremely scummy?

Naw, he's just being a noob at this game. (no offense, of course, but I do think that he needs a couple pointers here and there)

I totally didn't see that. Whatever, I was unsure what such a thing could serve anyway. You're clear.

I dunno how she is clear... then again, I'm high on caffeine and my head hurts so...:rolleyes:

You could argue that, "But Dracula is the bad guy! That's typically mafia!" Well, sometimes, but I investigated a little and saw that SoL was indeed in the Mafia 5 game where the bad guys were townies. I would expect you to be prepared for something like this, but hey, I was in Mafia 5 and I expected something along the lines of this, and I was out quick. So my question is, why wouldn't it be natural for you to even consider this?

I do think that SoL was confused with the "a majority of Dracula's followers" thing. In Mafia 5, I actually often forgot that I was the good guy and playing as mafia. Maybe SoL only skimmed through her role? I dunno, it was early in the morning for her, as she said. Brain prolly not working at the time=\

You're wrong.

It's simple probability, in fact. Algebra stuff. The possibility of flipping a coin heads 5 times in a row is 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 = 1/32

Okay, I get this part about maths...

The equation is as follows: nCk * (P)^k * (1 - P)^n - k

...And you lost me there >_>

But I get the concept, it's a low probability that you're godfather and blah, blah, blah. (Warning, do not shove maths in my face at 10:45 PM and now experiencing a caffeine hangover) The one thing, however, I do remember from math class at the moment is probability doesn't remember. Everyone has the equal chance of being a townie, a power role, a mafia role, ect. I don't get why you would bring maths and probability into a game where a person has the equal chance of every role, so IGMEOY: Kyby.

David

But you called me here...
Alright, I'm gonna go ahead and switch my vote around here.

Unvote: jedizora
Vote: Hero of Music

I find you a lot more suspicious than I find jedizora. At first I wasn't too tempted to lift my vote, but I'm willing to let jedizora off the hook for now, setting the information that led the vote aside for later.

Your general attitude toward the game has been disturbing me. It has that feel to it... one that I typically associate with the Mafia trying to hide among the inactives but staying out there just enough, but not enough to get caught. Normally I would set this information aside in my notes (as I've done with several other people in this game so far), but it's clear that you've been reading the thread. You've offered up your own opinions on a few simple things - those being RVS and Elfen, also some small bits of side information, perfect for staying hidden - and, as far as I've seen, you've done little to no actual play and have cast your vote on Elfen. At this point in the game you still have not removed it, and you've neglected doing much of anything else, either. I've got a good feeling that you're scum in this game.

Okay, lynch me! :) Don't worry, it won't ruin my life, nor will it ruin the fun I'm having watching the game progress. You guys are having some serious discussion this round, and I think that its good. Zelda Dungeon is no longer afraid of RVSing, nor voting, as you've shown with this post Kyby.

Yeah, I've been reading. Yeah, I've been hiding, but not because I'm scum. Mostly because everyone's said what I'm thinking about the game. Yeah, I've offered up my opinion, because I felt it necessary.

Now, about Elfen, I still see some scummy consistencies, however, I'll remove my vote on him, as there isn't much of anything to lead to a vote. Panda, you wrongfully claimed that Elfen's a n00b. He's played in several games of Mafia. If I remember correctly, he played in one of the older advanced games, and he's currently in the Beginner's game. So, you can't leave his behavior to just n00bish playing style.

Unvote.

I need to re-read... there must be something that I've missed...

Kybyrian

But I get the concept, it's a low probability that you're godfather and blah, blah, blah. (Warning, do not shove maths in my face at 10:45 PM and now experiencing a caffeine hangover) The one thing, however, I do remember from math class at the moment is probability doesn't remember. Everyone has the equal chance of being a townie, a power role, a mafia role, ect. I don't get why you would bring maths and probability into a game where a person has the equal chance of every role, so IGMEOY: Kyby.

I bring it up because I just happened to have been working with probability as of late and thought it was relevant. If people are going to gamble they may as well know their chances.

I'm not going to change my vote because of your carefree attitude toward it, HoM. I understand being a townie and not being extremely hurt about being voted for, but there's a limit to everything. Overacting by being too defensive and acting like it's the best thing in the world to be lynched don't seem like townie actions to me. You seem too enthusiastic, as if you're trying to dissuade me by acting as if you really don't care.

David

But you called me here...
I'm not going to change my vote because of your carefree attitude toward it, HoM. I understand being a townie and not being extremely hurt about being voted for, but there's a limit to everything. Overacting by being too defensive and acting like it's the best thing in the world to be lynched don't seem like townie actions to me. You seem too enthusiastic, as if you're trying to dissuade me by acting as if you really don't care.

I'm not trying to sway your vote. If you feel like I'm scum, then vote for me. I have nothing to lose for being lynched. And how was I overacting and being too defensive? I felt that that was a very laid back post.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Hero of Music said:
Panda, you wrongfully claimed that Elfen's a n00b. He's played in several games of Mafia. If I remember correctly, he played in one of the older advanced games, and he's currently in the Beginner's game. So, you can't leave his behavior to just n00bish playing style.
Well HoM, Elfen played in mafia 2 (before there was newbie games) He died in the first few hours of the game. He never played before and had little knowledge about the game + got little experience from it besides not taking too much about wanting to kill people off. He joined Beginner 2 and has been learning, but still is vary green to the game. He knows the rules and the basics of how to play but less experienced then most in this game. So... yeah he is a newbi. Not that his play style can't be seen as scummy, or isn't scum for that matter.

And... if you are town you shouldn't give is so easily, you want town to win right? A defense to keep a town alive is good for the town. I find you response to a vote a little odd... for one thing it's stressing you don't fear death in a little over the top way. That's the first vote right? A little too passive and quick response... to me anyway.

@Soldier of Link It's common for people to get genders mixed up on here, and some of it can be just typos. When in doubt he is a good term to use as it can mean both genders.

Now for all this suspicious business, I too saw and thought it was odd that SOL was confused on who was the town. I can also see it possible that she could be mafia not just have to be third party to make the mistake. However I was also aware that one could be mistaken that Dracula is bad, as he is :D There are some characters that don't look evil at first glance and she might have not read things too closely. She did correct herself pretty quickly so maybe she read more and found out. But I did take note, and when something else came up. I took the time to question her. Over all she felt like she could be town, but I can also see scum possibilities too.

As for her response to votes and accusations: She has been mostly avoiding defending or talking about her role's alignment. Other then saying she has done no research or reading of her PM...
As Axle posted this
- You may roleclaim at any point in the game, but you may not copy paste or screen cap the role PM sent to you. You may only paraphrase it in your own words. Be warned though, role and name claiming is especially dangerous.
She could have by now given more info to what side she is on, paraphrase her PM to alleviate that suspicion. She needn't even name or role claim to do so. Also is a tad panicky/aggressive when there is pressure...

game mod said:
"The majority of this gathering is made up of Dracula's followers, men and creatures of darkness. Some of your most powerful allies rely on Dracula's power itself; should he be eliminated, you will have much more difficulty winning. Among you hide the heroes of light. And also, there are third parties who do not serve either side, and they may seek Dracula's power."
I'd also like to note, as said in the opening post there are more then one (third party role), we may be dealing with odder roles such as Survivor, or Jester. Doesn't have to be just a killing role. Axle might even be really creative and come up with a roles different then can be found on the wiki...

I'll post more on Durion, Kybyrian and other posters later this is big enough as it is. The deadline is coming up in not too long, we all need to be making up out minds on the lynch in a few days.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Mrmrmrm. This is interesting. First off, just so we're clear, SoL is a girl! :P

Secondly, Keyshe is definitely playing like a townie here. Her behavoir was different in previous games when she was scum.

Meh. Well it's hard to tell with some. Ky's actions are interesting so I'll keep watching. For now, I really can't say much.

Let's keep in mind, IF SoL is the Serial Killer, then she could also nightkill scum. Idk how many Townies have nightkill abilities, and the probability of lynching scum right now is rather low. I'm still not ready to let her loose, though. This is all assuming she is the SK, which I'm not convinced of. After all, misreading your role pm is not an uncommon mistake.

Gawd I hate the first Day :/

Although that is a good point, and something to consider. After thinking about it though, I've concluded that it's more likely than not that if she is the Serial Killer, she'll kill enough townies to pretty much cancel out any scum she does kill, which I expect to be one at the most (Which is probably the average over the past 5 games on ZD).

Mrmrmrm. This is interesting. First off, just so we're clear, SoL is a girl! :P

Secondly, Keyshe is definitely playing like a townie here. Her behavoir was different in previous games when she was scum.

Meh. Well it's hard to tell with some. Ky's actions are interesting so I'll keep watching. For now, I really can't say much.

I wouldn't take all suspicion off of her yet. I feel that she is playing similarly to last game in the sense that she doesn't post frequently, but when she does the post is as large as it is now and has little to do with actually lynching anyone. I'm not saying she's scum here, but it's something to keep in mind. Trust nobody. :P

EBWODP

I'd also like to note, as said in the opening post there are more then one (third party role), we may be dealing with odder roles such as Survivor, or Jester. Doesn't have to be just a killing role. Axle might even be really creative and come up with a roles different then can be found on the wiki...

This is an interesting point to consider when thinking about Soldier of Link, as she may not be the Serial Killer, but just a 3rd Party. The problem is that there are some 3rd party roles that can be very dangerous, whilst there are some 3rd party roles that are not (such as a 3rd party Roleblocker, which if I remember correctly, was something that Viral Maze used in his round).

I'll stick with my vote though, as although she may not be a Serial Killer, she is still dangerous. I doubt that Axle would use a 3rd party Jester, as even the Wiki suggests that the players get a warning about whether or not that role is in play as it punishes the town for good play (depending on whether or not the win is exclusive or not), which I think is a fair enough point. I'd like to see some form of claim of Soldier of Link now though, but I don't know how we could go about getting that information.

arkvoodle

Diabolical

I find this post to be very suspicious. For one, there's no huge amount of evidence for anyone right now. Two, there are no real arguements to back up this post.

IGMEOY- Dracomajora

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I wouldn't take all suspicion off of her yet. I feel that she is playing similarly to last game in the sense that she doesn't post frequently, but when she does the post is as large as it is now and has little to do with actually lynching anyone. I'm not saying she's scum here, but it's something to keep in mind. Trust nobody. :P

Don't worry. I've played a few mafia games, I never trust anyone. Just imo she is laying like a townie. But obviously anyone could be scum, we just need them to slip up.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Durion said:
(such as a 3rd party Roleblocker, which if I remember correctly, was something that Viral Maze used in his round).

Actually, 3rd Party Survivor, in Round 4. And that was me in that game. I won if I was alive at the end of the game, and I was.

Durion said:
I'd like to see some form of claim of Soldier of Link now though, but I don't know how we could go about getting that information.

Actually, I already did. Pay more attention, else I have to Watch you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom