• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Loz Wii U Theory

hylianordonlink

The Hero Of Ordon
So part of what I say may have been repeated before (and probably has) but I don't think everything has so I'm just going to say it all. With the new zelda game I think people have already mentioned the similarity of the technology we saw in the trailer to the ancient civilization from SS, meaning it could be before SS in the timeline. IIRC Hyrule Historia had a short comic strip about what happened before Skyloft and the creation of Skyloft where the hero died fighting off the evil while the rest escaped. My theory is that this strip would take place after the end of the game or at the end of the game and we play as the link who eventually died before Skyloft. Plus, the Lanayru Desert where we find the ruins of the ancient civilization IS on the surface, where this battle would take place and if the game has a desert area for us to play through, wouldn't that support this? Thank you for reading this far and please point out any mistakes I made in my theory;I understand the evidence is minimal, but we haven't seen much of the game anyways.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
While I do expect Nintendo to one day go back and make a pre-SS game, I doubt they will do it so soon after SS's release. SS was highly promoted as the "great origin story" and to go back seems unlikely.

And, as 27 said, the Manga was not canon, so I don't expect Nintendo to ever DO much with that.

This new game has me extremely confused. The overworld itself is standard Zelda fare. Yet Link's arrows and the giant laser beam creature from the first trailer are clearly futuristic.

That said, I don't see any indication that this technology is the Ancient Robots' doing. We have no clue who resides in the overworld. No friendly NPC have been shown yet. We've only had a glimpse of dome village that looks similar to Ordon from Twilight Princess.

It's far too early to tell when this game takes place. My initial thoughts are that it could be another title before the time line split but after Skyward Sword or a return to the Child Timeline.

hylianordonlink

The Hero Of Ordon
I dont know if the part in Hyrule Historia is considered non-canon or if you think I am talking about the actual manga based off the games. But if Nintendo has said SS was the first game chronologically, then I agree with A Link In Time that its too early to tell. Its just something that I thought of and decided to bring up. Maybe the futuristic stuff was the people in the future learning how to harness the same power and technology like the ancient civilization? However, again, like A Link In Time said there is no confirmation of the technologies being linked, they just look alike. That being said, if we get more information soon, we might see some interesting connections, so I can't wait for that.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Technology isn't exactly set in stone in Zelda. In other words, it doesn't follow a linear progression like it does in reality. So futuristic themes don't really mean much I'm regards to placement. However, they can be an indicator to what we already know. For example, a highly technologically advanced Hyrule couldn't be near a game like, let's say, Twilight Princess.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
Tower of the Gods in WW had lasers and stuff, the boss was a giant robot. The temple of time in TP had lasers and statues you could move, as did the city in the sky. SS wasn't the first to have technology.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom