• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Secret Stash

It's mostly a design thing, I'd say. That and the magical thing known as hammerspace! To put it simply, hammerspace is something seen in fiction where characters do the same as Link does-pull objects and equipment out of thin air. Though Link is capable of carrying all of his belongings:
Link_LOZ_with_items.png

Besides, I think would be quite a tough job for the designers to design and put all those items on Link's model or sprite, or whatever. Having hammerspace just makes things easier, I guess.

This works in most cases, but all those masks in MM, they would cover him, he'd be a walking pile of masks! XD I love that picture, though. I saw a fanart of that concept with TMC, it was cool too. And yeah, I never did understand the iron boots and how they are only heavy on your feet.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
In the Legend of Neil, uh, Neil merely reaches up and pulls an out item of thin air, or in that series, the Inventory. So Link probably always has some magical field about him where he stores the weapons/items, otherwise known as hammerspace I suppose, but it has limits. Otherwise he wouldn't need to upgrade wallets or quivers or even bomb-carriage capacity.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I always thought Link's pouch is magical and can shrink the size as he puts them in the pouch.

It is a somewhat fantasy game after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom