• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Pants NEW Theory

everyone is angry over what link is wearing in the SS trailer and E3 demo. what i have realized is this isn't the first time nintendo has tried to give link pants. my desktop wallpaper is concept art from TP. in it link is wearing pants not tights, nor leggings actual pants. i think this is because some in nintendo might want to modernize link's wardrobe a little bit. but others don't. i also think the reason they haven't given link pants is because they want to keep the game like a fairytale or medieval time period. what do you think? :)

I would have to say link would be awesome, in any type of clothing. No matter if in tights like "Tingle" or not in tights. He is an awesome character, and I think he would look good in tights, and in pants. I have come across people who believed Link wore a skirt, and not a tunic XD

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I'd like to keep it Fairytale Medieval. It's part of the appeal to me. But I actually don't have much of a problem with his Skyward Sword design considering it's not even finished. His pants are still changing colors as far as I know. I don't mind the pants though as much since he still has chain mail. One complaint I do have though is that his clothes look kind of thin and light, not very hardy, I don't know why though. His pants look thin to me in certain pictures.

Another thing I noticed is that his ears are a different shape, and I don't really like them, they look sort of like pig ears. I prefer how they look in Twilight Princess.
legend-of-zelda-link-epona-master-sword.jpg
LinkSkywardSword.png

However, his design is still not finished, so I hold no solid judgement.

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
Ew. His nose is rather piggish up there too, Destiny. >.>

I honestly don't care about the minor changes in his clothes, as long as they stay overall the same. But the ears and nose thing is rather strange, I must admit...

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Ew. His nose is rather piggish up there too, Destiny. >.>

I honestly don't care about the minor changes in his clothes, as long as they stay overall the same. But the ears and nose thing is rather strange, I must admit...

His ears look like something my dog eats..
Pig%20Ear.jpg
Lol, Pig ears xD. I think he's just trying to copy Ganon.

Link's design isn't finished yet. All we've seen so far is using his TP design, which is nothing like the artwork.
It's safe to say the design will change (a lot).

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Hmm... I think they should give Link pants. I'm one of the people who thinks it looks like Link is wearing a skirt. And in OoT/MM, it looks like Link is wearing one really big shirt, and no pants. Kinda creepy if you ask me.
images
See? Doesn't it look like he's just wearing a really big shirt and no pants? (the image I found on google images, search criteria: link majora's mask)

well i actually don't care either what he wears. what i was actually bringing to light was everyone's anger over something that wasn't 100% new. oh and actually everyone thinks that men wore tights back in medieval times that wasn't true that's just hollywood's portrayal. historically men wore pants in that time. they weren't like modern pants but they were pants. also something i noticed while playing tp. those aren't tights, their pants. tight pants but pants nonetheless. i wish they had stayed with tp's link. he looked more real, more human. he also looked tougher.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I also TP link did look more human and also don't really care want his outfit as long as Nintendo with the general Green and also throw in new tunics and armor so people have variety when they cosplay.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
What he wears to cover up the bottom half of his body, if anything, is not that much of a concern to me. I personally like the style pants he is wearing, probably it suits the graphical style well.

David

But you called me here...
In Skyward sword, we know that Link is older than any other Link that we've had so far. How many adult men do you see running around in tights and a long shirt? Maybe only a few of the weirdos. Adult Link in Ocarina of Time and Link in Twilight princess weren't actually adults. They were older teenagers. (I know that there's a developer quote out there somewhere, but I don't want to look for it right now.) The pants are essentially a new style of Link that matches his new age. Plus, they might just be experimenting with new designs of Link. The game is only just entering the final stages of development. They may change up Link's style a little bit before the release.

I kinda miss the tights xD but hey they can do anything as long as they keep link's essence untouched....

Norisom

Hero of Something...
Or a more simple answer is that this Link doesn't enjoy the feel of tights, so he wears pants instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom