• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Link's Mentor?

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Well, it probably is your screenshot. My friend sent me the pic a little while ago, and she most likely got it from here XD And oops, I didn't read the Rauru thread before I started this. I guess this is kind different though. Its more of an open theory on what this guy could be.

And on topic now, the fact that it is implied he is giving Link the hero's clothes does make you think. How did he get those clothes? Why does he have them? Why on earth does he have perfect fitting clothes for Link and appears to be watching him change? o_o

*checks the direct link* yeah, it's the very same one. Your friend got it from the Rauru thread xD that's okay though. ^^ I agree, this thread presents itself as a more open theory on who the guy is, but the direction of the discussion going on in the Rauru thread is actually almost coinciding with what's being said in this thread at this point. Ehh~~ not a big deal though xD

As for your questions (barring the last one which is Nintendo logic :P) that's what I was wondering. Why would he possess them....why has he decided to give them to Link? Also, considering this seems to be the first tale in the series, are they called the "Hero's Clothes" at this time, or perhaps at this point in time they are only normal clothes?

rockercjathere

The Helmaroc Queen
*checks the direct link* yeah, it's the very same one. Your friend got it from the Rauru thread xD that's okay though. ^^ I agree, this thread presents itself as a more open theory on who the guy is, but the direction of the discussion going on in the Rauru thread is actually almost coinciding with what's being said in this thread at this point. Ehh~~ not a big deal though xD

As for your questions (barring the last one which is Nintendo logic :P) that's what I was wondering. Why would he possess them....why has he decided to give them to Link? Also, considering this seems to be the first tale in the series, are they called the "Hero's Clothes" at this time, or perhaps at this point in time they are only normal clothes?

Well, maybe (as the case most likely is) Link is going to find Zelda, so our "mentor" here gives him proper clothes to where on the dangers adventure, because his "normal" clothes don't look like the can protect him very well. It may just be that The guy is giving Link these clothes to protect him on his journy. And give him lots of pockets XD It could be the Hero's clothes, but there is a chance that they could just be a regular outfit to protect Link.We don't know if this Link is our first hero yet. If that is the case, then this Link would be starting the "trend" of green tunics. It is odd though.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
his "normal" clothes don't look like the can protect him very well.
Yeah... i noticed that his "normal" clothes look like the ones he wore at the beginning of TP. it just seems strange that there are all these references in one trailer.
ANd i think they're just regular green clothes, considering this IS the first adventure. Thanks for the info Sarianae! :D

rockercjathere

The Helmaroc Queen
Ok, So I looked at the trailer again, and I noticed a few things about the man:

Here is what looks like a couple of Skyloft-ians chatting it up, notice their clothing:
outfit.jpg

Now we have the old man, I circled a few things I would like to point out:
mentor.jpg

Now first, the clothing. He looks to be wearing similar clothes to other Skyloft-ians, aside from this extra dressing that I circled in red. This could mean nothing, but it could also tell us about his place in this society - maybe he's an "elder" of sorts.

Now we have the green circle. It looks some what similar to the hylian crest, but not quite. Again, this could be nothing. It also looks as if other skyloft-ians wear a similar crest, though I can't really tell for sure. We never get a good look at it on them. Also, if it is the hylian crest, we see the same thing on Zelda.
zelda.jpg

If this happens to be the same symbol (though it doesnt seem so) then we can assume they are some how connected (this being implied that no one else has a similar symbol on their clothes. Then again, this could just be meaningless.

Now we have that purple circle. There isn't much to say, but it doesn't seem that anyone else has a similar "fastener". This could mean something, but then again, it could mean nothing.

Lets look at the blue circle. This looks similar to the bird statue in the demo. The guy explaining the demo also said these would be scattered around hyrule and allow you to return to your "bird" so you can return to skyloft. We aren't sure yet if these are a common thing in skyloft, so we can't safely say this means anything, Its just interesting to note this.

Now take a look at the black circle. His eyebrows remind me a lot of Kaepora Gaebora. His facial is also strikingly similar to Rauru or any of the kings (Daltus, Daphnes, etc.) Now look at his eyes... they are a litttttle creepy.... Watching Link getting dressed... What is this man thinking about? XD

All jokes aside, the things pointed out in this "analysis" could very well be meaningless things, and anything I said here could be wrong. I'm not an expert, just a thinker. What do you think?

Zarom

The King
He looks more like Kaepora Gaebora to me. I don't really see any ressemblance with Rauru except for the clothing.

rockercjathere

The Helmaroc Queen
Thank you Sarianae for finding that extended bird racing clip :) In it we see our old friend again, this time with another elderly man.
This looks to more emphasize the possible importance of this character, he`s standing tall and separate from everyone else while wearing that garb again. It looks as if he is a very important member of the community, though its hard to describe exactly what I`m trying to say ._. Take a look:

pic 2.jpgpicture.jpg

and oh god those eyes again .___.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom