• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Adventure Through OOT= Useless

Flagpole

I'm back!!
Yet another topic by... me! :D
Here I am, exploting the game...

When Link is an adult, he knows he did the wrong thing when he took the Master Sword, because he let Ganon/dorf enter the sacred realm...

When you beat the Forest Temple, you can put the Master Sword on the stone to go back to the moment where you where NEXT to the Master Sword, but didn't take it yet.

The story... makes no sense to me.
Why does Link still go try to beat the temples?

He could easily leave the Master Sword there and live his life happily...
I mean, that way, Ganon/dorf would never be able to enter the Sacred Realm.

Any comments?
Opinions?

N

Nox

Whenever the topic of the zelda franchise turns to timeline theories, my brain starts crying <----First post on the forums. :D

B

Bloot

Well...maybe Link didn't know he could put the sword back after the first temple. He pretty much just runs around and does what we tell him too most of the time anyway.

Evil Space Fish

Hyrule's village Jester
He did leave the Master Sword there and live happily ever after and Ganondorf didn't enter the sacred realm. The gave him a bus ticket to twilight land.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Hmm. It's probably some kind of time-paradox thing. Because he had already pulled the Master Sword from its pedestal, it meant that Ganondorf had already entered and it was unavoidable. Something like that. Maybe it was a matter of him having to save both timelines, and being the hero that he is, he's willing to save that adult timeline he created. It's like entering and leaving an alternate universe and wanting to save both. I don't know... Time travel junk hurts my brain sometimes. I think every or almost every time travel story has some kind of oversight or flaw because of our limited understanding of Time - and Nintendo creates weird plotholes just like everybody else.

I

irishstunna

When Link first pulled the sword from it's place he let Ganondorf in and then the Temple of Light sealed him inside. When he replaces the sword as an adult he is transported back to the time right before he is sealed in, so it does not undo Ganondorf taking a piece of the Triforce but rather plants him right after, without rewinding the timeline. Then when Link removes the sword a second time he is again sealed in the Temple until seven years have passed. This way the timeline continues to move forward with no paradox, you are just not a child long enough to see the havoc that Ganondorf lays upon the world. Right?

B

Bongo_Bongo

Yet another topic by... me! :D
Here I am, exploting the game...

When Link is an adult, he knows he did the wrong thing when he took the Master Sword, because he let Ganon/dorf enter the sacred realm...

When you beat the Forest Temple, you can put the Master Sword on the stone to go back to the moment where you where NEXT to the Master Sword, but didn't take it yet.

The story... makes no sense to me.
Why does Link still go try to beat the temples?

He could easily leave the Master Sword there and live his life happily...
I mean, that way, Ganon/dorf would never be able to enter the Sacred Realm.

Any comments?
Opinions?

Actually, it wouldn't work. The three sacred stones were in the pedestal. In real life, it seems plausible (If the stones could be removed) But in the game the stones had been set in the pedestal and Hyrule was screwed for seven long years. :(

ah oot did we love you, but my god did you just overcomplicate the timeline to the max. it ws the ending that made it confusing, zelda shouldve just said: tough luck link, you lost 7 years of your life, live with it. (not exactly those words but you get my point).

anyway the ending of oot could mean one of the following:

1) sealing ganondorf removed his entire existence
2) zelda sent link back to a time before ganondorf attacked hyrule castle (killing the king of hyrule and scaring zelda away) in which he told the king about his adventure and the king attempts to execute ganondorf which lead to the events of twilight princess.
3) Nintendo are screwed and will never be able to put the timeline together.

personally I think its 2

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well... it wouldn't be that great a game if Nintendo just let you place the MS in the pedestal and end the game now would it? Plus if I remember correctly (I haven't played OoT in a while) it places you right after Ganondorf started his journey through the Sacred Realm but I dunno. Timetravel hurts my brain...

Here's the thing that you have to think of if Link was transported back to before the door being opened, Ganondorf was checking up on Link during the time that he was collecting the stones if I remember correctly, so if Link did decide to not go through with the plot I'm pretty sure Ganondorf could have hunted him down, killed him and taken the stones for the use of evil.

I think with the Deku Tree dead that there was no force to stop the evil that is Ganondorf from entering the Kokiri Forest to find him either, so by going through with the original plan of getting all the talismans from the sages (I think that's what they are called) he is saving himself from what could possibly be a horrible death and the downfall of Hyrule to Ganondorf's and technically his own hands.

But the above is already flawed by one major point...you have already opened the door to the Sacred Realm and Ganondorf has left to get the Triforce, so Link's adventure through OoT is not useless. IF you were transported back to before when the Door of Time had been opened, think about Link's options if he could, he could either stay there and die because he can't get back out or go back into the future to defeat Ganondorf.

Also, if Nintendo made the game like that gaming would probably be slightly different in the fact that it would have been the first Zelda to fail and it would coincide with it being a 3-D game so many would maybe have been put off of the idea.

Ikana

Trollkastel
Ganondorf would have basically got the triforce without link pulling the master sword.He would have killed link and got the three spiritual stones and the ocarina of time to open the door of time.

TheSerpent

The Happy Mask Salesman
The sages sealed his body for 7 years right when he took the sword. Which, if I am not mistaken, is right AFTER ganon/dorf took the sword.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom