• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link Should Have a Voice!

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
True, but I wasn't talking about voice acting. I don't think Zelda needs that. I was just talking about dialogue. As in dialogue boxes. I feel Link should have some dialogue. And I've already explained why.

Ok, this is a whole different point as the one from Ryan. Some interactions like choices in dialogue boxes would be a nice feature. But it should be decent and without a voice actor. But again, Juicie is right. This feature belongs to RPG's ans Visual Novels.

But if you think about it, it's really not that hard. Imagine a young, humble, empathetic, unknowing village boy dragged into this epic quest, and how this boy would speak and interact. It gives a good picture of how link would talk. All it needs is a good voice actor.

Even the imagination is horrible. You really want to feature such stuff in a Zelda game? Maybe Spirit Tracks was the first Zelda you've ever played ;)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It is possible to extract information with choices. There are many games that do this. Or maybe it could be an unlinear (is that the right word? lol) storyline, where the character could go down different routes to ultimately arrive at defeating ganon and saving princess zelda.

As for the what great immersive game does not have a speaking character, I should have thought that out more and I'm wrong, there are many games that have great story lines where the character doesn't speak... but the player has so many CHOICES for how your character interacts. With Link, you go through the storyline, do some side quests if you want, and you're done.

As I (basically) said in my last post, this would hurt the Zelda series. The story still wouldn't be the same, and almost all the fans would freak because of this. (Especially theorists.) Zelda not having a straight story is just a horrible idea.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
That would make Zelda an RPG, though. And we don't want Zelda to become an RPG. When dialogue options come in, multiple story outcomes must come in. Just think of what that would do to Zelda...

...Increase creativity?

Besides, no matter how you look at it, Link still has some dialogue... In the form of the "Yes/No" option. That leads to different outcomes in certain character dialogue. For example, in the Spirit Temple. When Nabooru asks you if you're one of Ganondorf's... followers. You can say "What if I am?" or "I hate Ganondorf!". Both choices lead to different sets of dialogue for Nabooru. And it still worked out just right either way. So you see, multiple outcomes wouldn't be too bad. Even for the story.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
...Increase creativity?

Besides, no matter how you look at it, Link still has some dialogue... In the form of the "Yes/No" option. That leads to different outcomes in certain character dialogue. For example, in the Spirit Temple. When Nabooru asks you if you're one of Ganondorf's... followers. You can say "What if I am?" or "I hate Ganondorf!". Both choices lead to different sets of dialogue for Nabooru. And it still worked out just right either way. So you see, multiple outcomes wouldn't be too bad. Even for the story.

Even though these options lead to different dialogue, they lead to the same text right after that. The outcome never changes. With RPG aspects, that's impossible. The "Yes/No" things are fine when they're in rare moments in the game. Put them everywhere in the game, though, and it just becomes annoying.

It is possible to extract information with choices. There are many games that do this. Or maybe it could be an unlinear (is that the right word? lol) storyline, where the character could go down different routes to ultimately arrive at defeating ganon and saving princess zelda.

As for the what great immersive game does not have a speaking character, I should have thought that out more and I'm wrong, there are many games that have great story lines where the character doesn't speak... but the player has so many CHOICES for how your character interacts. With Link, you go through the storyline, do some side quests if you want, and you're done.

Sorry, this post is straying from the point. Now I seem to be talking about you should be able to control more of Link's actions throughout the story.

I just believe he should have a voice.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
More proof? What are you talking about? She described how Zelda was unique. She actually hurt your argument with what she said, as I explained how what she said is one of the things that makes Zelda unique. I'm not saying she's stupid or anything, but she didn't help your cause with what she said. So that wasn't really any more "proof."

Two things: 1: What do you mean "she"? We've been over this.
2: I was agreeing with Ryan. Helping his arguement. And that was a little more proof.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
ACK! I called you a girl again! DANG IT!!

I know you were agreeing with him. But it still hurt his argument.

Not really. I'm saying Link needs to have dialogue because if Nintendo's gonna pull things with other character's dialogue, like the example I metioned, they'd have to take into account everyone's personnal response. Which is literally impossible. So, I say they should just give Link dialogue.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Not really. I'm saying Link needs to have dialogue because if Nintendo's gonna pull things with tother character's dialogue, like the example I metioned, they'd have to take into account everyone's personnal response. Which is literally impossible. So, I say they should just give Link dialogue.

.......Your logic is very circular. The game already has the right responses without dialogue. (And I don't think you understand the concept of RPG dialogue. Otherwise you wouldn't have said this.)

.......Your logic is very circular. The game already has the right responses without dialogue. (And I don't think you understand the concept of RPG dialogue. Otherwise you wouldn't have said this.)

It's true the game CAN work without dialogue... we're just thinking that it would be more immersive in terms of storyline if Link had greater interaction with the characters rather than just (not even saying) IMPLYING things that the player might not even agree with

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom