• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Let Zelda Kick Some Butt for a Change

Think the idea suggested in this post is a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
She kinda did in TP with the bow.

No, I don't think that Zelda should have her own game.... It's not like Mario. In the Mario Universe everything is whimsical and plain fun, you EXPECT Peach to get back at Bowser and be on her own for comedy sake and such. It's just plain fun. Nintendo can do ANYTHING with the Mario series and it would still make sense. As for the Zelda Series, it follows a set formula. There is the villain, the damsel in Distress, and then the Hero.

I agree with this. The Mario universe is more laid back, and can put Mario in infinitely many scenarios. The characters are more cartoony, and can fit into stories without narratives and with narrative just as easily as throwing him in a golf game.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I agree with this. The Mario universe is more laid back, and can put Mario in infinitely many scenarios. The characters are more cartoony, and can fit into stories without narratives and with narrative just as easily as throwing him in a golf game.

The Legend of Zelda can be anything it wants to be. It can be dark and gritty, colorful and whimsical, dark and colorful, the possibilities are endless. You say that Mario can be put into infinite scenarios, but so can Zelda. Isn't that sorta the point of The Legend of Zelda? People back then would have said no to the idea of having a cooperative Zelda game that involves four Links, but hey, it happened. Even the idea of having a motion controlled Zelda game sounds a bit absurd, but it happened. If The Legend of Zelda is anything, it's diverse.

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
That would be a little strange... but I guess it could be a good idea as a spin-off or something.

I think would ruin the "Zelda-ish" feel a little...

Irony... because the series is name the Legend of- ... you know what, nevermind.

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
That would be cool, I hope they do that. I mean, we've controlled the hero with the same green hat and clothes for years now. I've never seen a game where you fought as a princess saving the prince. It would be a nice twist for a Zelda game. Or maybe they could do a co-op style kind of mode where you could control both Link and Zelda. There's so many possibilities for this.

Bad idea, Zelda should just keep to her getting kidnapped so we can rescue her. A main character change is a bad idea and would probably make the series lose a lot of fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom