• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Legend of Zelda As an Online Game?

P

Pokershark

Do you guys think Legend of Zelda could succeed as an online game?

Zelda would most certently comapare whit World of Worldcraft if they make more charthers an bigger owerworld and a amazing storyline for the online gamers! I mean Link could compares to WoW's hunters and Zelda as a priest...

Is it just me that have been thought about it? I mean Zelda is masters to make dungeons and bosses and add a good story on it to it would be amazing in my oppinion!

Imagine take down Ganondorf online whit 10-20 people playing whit you. you can have headseat and such as to talk whit each other and all zelda fans could have play whit each other as a large happy family
smile.gif

I have played World of Warcraft and i have played Legend of Zelda and if i should pick one of them as an online game based on story and charthers i haved pick Legend of Zelda without blinking! If you guys are on the same track i'll tell more developed what i mean.

Legend of Zelda as an online game.. i would have buy it, how about you guys?

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Well, a standard Zelda game like OoT would fail. But a sub game like Four Swords or Crossbow Training would be cool to co-op or compete in. Especially if you could choose your characters in LCBT and if it had Voice chat. :P

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Not too sure on this one. It's an interesting idea, pero I'm not sure. It could have its ups and downs, I'm just split in two ways here.

NES

Awesome
Nooo way.

The style and gameplay of the LoZ series are quite attractive. Converting the game into an online game would completely butcher the gameplay into something non-Zelda-ish. It might be fun still, but it would just be plain weird. And not Zelda. I don't think that Nintendo should do any crazy spin-offs like this. I'm hoping they won't have to pull something like this.

T

Tily

As TriforceHunter said, if it was a coop game that wasn't really like the 3D Zelda games but rather similar to probably Four Swords Adventures or Link's Crossbow Training, it might work.

But, your idea, OP, wouldn't work because while Link would be a hunter, Zelda a priest, and even if we include Gorons, Zoras, and Deku Scrubs, it'd feel very weird seeing ten different Links on screen killing Ganondorf.

eponafan

Midna fan also
Well, they could make it like FF11 and you could choose from races like Gerudos, Zoras, Gorons, ect. and have side quests, and so on

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
Haha, no thank you.
Maybe an online feature to the new Zelda Wii with lobby's and such, but not an actual RPG PC game, no it would ruin everything that Zelda is.
Plus, alot of people would be put off by the factor of having to pay monthly to play a Zelda game.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Yann, Nintendo Wi-Fi is free, by the way, unlike Xbox LIVE.

Anyways, if it was just one big MMORPG, I doubt that it would be successful. If it was cooperative, as people have said before, it could have some chances of success. The reason why I doubt that it could be 100% successful is because you could not communicate to the other players unless you had their friend codes. (Unless Nintendo wants to make an exception. >.>) If it was things like PH or ST (a small, competitive mode), then I wouldn't mind that much.

If there is an MMORPG, it would have to work a bit like Runescape, in which players can go on sidequests and such. However, if you're slaying Ganon or something like that, Runescape occasionally secludes players to a small, single player environment in order to complete the sidequest without being confused about having someone complete it alongside you, mainly with boss battles and perhaps dungeons. Overall, I'm not sure if it would work out that great, but I would rather prefer a short multiplayer or co-op minigame alongside the major game (like ALttP/FS), yet not a full blown MMORPG.

P

Pokershark

I diden't say they should copy Ocarina of time or any other game just if they made change like add more charthers, add more sidequest, equipments, a great overworld plus an great story it would have work. But it's lead to the question if nintendo will remake zelda into a online game instead.... it's a tough decision but it would certently work and in my oppinion lots more fun to play whit other players then just single player!

But hey that's my veiw :)

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I think that Zelda would succeed as an online game because money is tight (at lease here it is) and not many people want to own a CD that they may never play again once they beat it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom