• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Legend of Zelda Anime?

A

AcuallyAmDylan

So, while watching NintendoCaprisun do a play through of Skyward Sword (great LPer by the way), I found myself really interested in the complex and realistic interactions between the characters. While lost in the beauty of noticing how the Zelda games had grown, I came up with a great idea! There should be a Zelda anime for the following reasons,
1) a complex, intricate storyline, with vibrant characters and deep plot structure.
2) the game originated in Japan, anime comes from Japan, it seems fitting.
3) there are already a few Zelda mangas that have been published, which I, along with many others, thought we're really good.
4) who doesn't wanna see the story of Hyrule, Ganon, Zelda, and our favorite Link portrayed through a beautiful anime?

What do you guys think? Should there be an anime?

Dan

Well I certainly wouldn't mind seeing an anime of Zelda, they should totally make Zelda look like Erza (who isn't real may I add). :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I would love to see a Zelda anime...that is portrayed realistically. You know, with character archetypes that aren't the generic anime-breed, or people who are overly "kawaii" or "dark emo" or whatever tropes you'll commonly find in anime. Yes, it's a fantasy series blah blah blah, but that doesn't stop characters from feeling human.

Furthermore, dungeons would have to be considerably short, else layered somewhat after the levels within the anime Sword Art Online. Seeing a bunch of solo adventures wouldn't feel right within an anime - one would typically pride themselves on knowing several characters that the protagonist bonds with over time. Themes like deception would have to pervade the anime as well.

In all, the idea could work...but for my own tastes, there are things that need working about.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Anime is great for developing character growth and emotion. The Zelda universe would be well suited for such a medium.

Ideally, I'd prefer a single villain arc focusing around the main wielders of the Triforce, 64 episodes maximum otherwise it'd be too drawn out.

I would love to see a Zelda anime...that is portrayed realistically. You know, with character archetypes that aren't the generic anime-breed, or people who are overly "kawaii" or "dark emo" or whatever tropes you'll commonly find in anime. Yes, it's a fantasy series blah blah blah, but that doesn't stop characters from feeling human.

Furthermore, dungeons would have to be considerably short, else layered somewhat after the levels within the anime Sword Art Online. Seeing a bunch of solo adventures wouldn't feel right within an anime - one would typically pride themselves on knowing several characters that the protagonist bonds with over time. Themes like deception would have to pervade the anime as well.

In all, the idea could work...but for my own tastes, there are things that need working about.

The whole solo issue could be solved with the companions (Navi,Midna,etc.) but I see your point about the other characters. I think the Mangas (or at least the ones that I've read.) handled it pretty well,so the same approach could be used there. Overall,I think it could work if done right.

By the way,there was a kickstarter for this,but it failed to get fully funded. They said they were still going to continue with the project,but there haven't been any updates lately. Here's the website anyway if anyone's interested.
zeldamotion | AEIPATHY INDUSTRIES

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
well excuuuuuse me Princess! I think an Anime would be Great, Ventus mentions that it needs to be done Realistically, which, however bad a choice of word that was.... i agree! There are a lot of anime arch-types heavily flooded in the Emo look. But i think if a Zelda anime were to be presented to Bones and the Writers of Full Metal Alchemist, it could be done really well.

that studio, and the writers who made Fullmetal Alchemist took something fantasy which was the alchemy plot, turned it into a Complete science and made it believable. Everything Fantasy like was explained in that show in a realistic manner. yeah almost every character in that show is handsome or beautiful, but they dont stray to far into the Emo Look, the writers didnt take themselves too serious by trying to create overly Dark themes just to make it feel like a mature setting.

I think if a Zelda Anime were to be made under that outline, and made by the right people, or people who can do the same thing with an anime as the FMA writers did, we could have ourselves a good show!

well excuuuuuse me Princess! I think an Anime would be Great, Ventus mentions that it needs to be done Realistically, which, however bad a choice of word that was.... i agree! There are a lot of anime arch-types heavily flooded in the Emo look. But i think if a Zelda anime were to be presented to Bones and the Writers of Full Metal Alchemist, it could be done really well.

that studio, and the writers who made Fullmetal Alchemist took something fantasy which was the alchemy plot, turned it into a Complete science and made it believable. Everything Fantasy like was explained in that show in a realistic manner. yeah almost every character in that show is handsome or beautiful, but they dont stray to far into the Emo Look, the writers didnt take themselves too serious by trying to create overly Dark themes just to make it feel like a mature setting.

I think if a Zelda Anime were to be made under that outline, and made by the right people, or people who can do the same thing with an anime as the FMA writers did, we could have ourselves a good show!

Holy Goddesses this needs to happen.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I think a Zelda anime would be cool, but I'm also a little reluctant to endorse it now because there was a Zelda cartoon, and from what I hear it was pretty bad. :p But who knows, perhaps with new experience they will be able to make a better Zelda cartoon with anime style. If your interested in a Zelda anime(ish), here's a site that has a currently Zelda anime styled comic going. Check it out, I think it's pretty neat: Zeldanime - Cover ;)

Why a Zelda anime hasn't been made yet I have no idea. Zelda is a series that has the potential of becoming an anime. Zelda managed to do pretty well as a Manga, I do see why an Anime would not be a success. I do think it should be based on the Manga though because that can be used as a starting point. They could start from Scratch, but that is were the true risk lies.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom