• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lead Sage Identity?

I saw a video on youtube listing some possible leaked rumours for BOTW2. Here is the video:

One thing they say is that "the identity of the lead sage will satisfy you"

Who do you think the lead sage will be?

Some possibilities that come to my mind would be:
Rauru
Saria
Zelda from OOT
Impa from OOT
Navi
Fi
Midna
King Daphnes

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I never take rumors like this seriously, and after skimming this video, I feel like the info that is "leaked" here is stuff that anyone could come up with randomly on 4chan or somewhere. Also why doesn't this video actually offer a link to the post of the leaks that is being read off from?

Always take rumors with a grain of salt, until Nintendo reveals the game there is no sense in buying into videos like these, the way it is formatted screams clickbait to me.

I never take rumors like this seriously, and after skimming this video, I feel like the info that is "leaked" here is stuff that anyone could come up with randomly on 4chan or somewhere. Also why doesn't this video actually offer a link to the post of the leaks that is being read off from?

Always take rumors with a grain of salt, until Nintendo reveals the game there is no sense in buying into videos like these, the way it is formatted screams clickbait to me.

Fair enough, yeah it might be all untrue. Still though, I'd be happy if some of these did turn out to be true

Wait, since when was there something about a lead sage?

How can they confirm the identifiy of a character role in a rumor/leak if there was no announcement of this character role to start with

What even IS a lead sage

I interpreted it as something similar to Zelda being the lead sage in OOT, but yeah, nothing is confirmed.

Either way I found some of these rumours interesting

I echo what SMS and Frax said, but, assuming the leak is right, I'm pretty sure it would be Rauru (as he is the only one to appear across generations in FSA).

But I would seriously hope that it is Impa from OoT. Some multiverse, versions-of-your-reincarnations-interacting stuff would be insane to see in Zelda. However, doubt that would happen.

Last edited:

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Given that this leak implies that BotW's sequel will directly acknowledge other games, it's probably fake. Zelda would never do that. :eyes:

Given that this leak implies that BotW's sequel will directly acknowledge other games, it's probably fake. Zelda would never do that. :eyes:
Are you talking about the part where he mentions that there will be alot of references to OoT? If so, that wouldn't be surprising; TWW mentioned OoT, Zelda 2 has retroactively had references to OoT since 1998 due to the sage town connection, and even BotW1 directly mentioned the events of OoT a few times here and there(which it interestingly didn't do for any other game), among some other games that contain a few references to it here and there. Since BotW/BotW2 Ganon has been confirmed to be OoT Ganondorf in MW/CaC(which isn't really a surprise), and since he has round ears like the era of OoT with CaC even making a point of saying that the Gerudo no longer possess round ears like they did in ancient times, I wouldn't be surprised if that part of the leak is true, even if everything else is BS(which I suspect it to be; can't trust rumours).

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Are you talking about the part where he mentions that there will be alot of references to OoT? If so, that wouldn't be surprising; TWW mentioned OoT, Zelda 2 has retroactively had references to OoT since 1998 due to the sage town connection, and even BotW1 directly mentioned the events of OoT a few times here and there(which it interestingly didn't do for any other game), among some other games that contain a few references to it here and there. Since BotW/BotW2 Ganon has been confirmed to be OoT Ganondorf in MW/CaC(which isn't really a surprise), and since he has round ears like the era of OoT with CaC even making a point of saying that the Gerudo no longer possess round ears like they did in ancient times, I wouldn't be surprised if that part of the leak is true, even if everything else is BS(which I suspect it to be; can't trust rumours).

The games sometimes have very loose references to other games alongside some retroactive continuity scribbles, but never anything direct. No Zelda game has ever influenced the events of another in a specific way, it's always pushed through an ambiguity filter and then retold in such a way where it could be a reference to said game, but also might not be.

There's never a point in Twilight Princess where Ganon, say, uses his knowledge of Hyrule from a hundred years ago to manipulate things in his favor.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I think this specific rumor set was already proven false anyway because it was part of a leak before the previous Nintendo Direct and probably claimed BotW 2 would get a reveal at the Direct.

The games sometimes have very loose references to other games alongside some retroactive continuity scribbles, but never anything direct. No Zelda game has ever influenced the events of another in a specific way, it's always pushed through an ambiguity filter and then retold in such a way where it could be a reference to said game, but also might not be.

What...?

So the fact that the Hero of Time is constantly referenced in TWW is nothing more than a loose reference? What about the fact that ST has a character from the TWW/PH era that is still alive, or the references to Tetra? Or the fact that OoT is summarized from the perspective of the Zora in a monument in BotW? Or the fact that FSA references FS GBA in the beginning? etc.

I think this specific rumor set was already proven false anyway because it was part of a leak before the previous Nintendo Direct and probably claimed BotW 2 would get a reveal at the Direct.

Oh, I agree it is false; I was just pointing out to Bowsette that his logic as to why it's false is not sound.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
What...?

So the fact that the Hero of Time is constantly referenced in TWW is nothing more than a loose reference? What about the fact that ST has a character from the TWW/PH era that is still alive, or the references to Tetra? Or the fact that OoT is summarized from the perspective of the Zora in a monument in BotW? Or the fact that FSA references FS GBA in the beginning? etc.

Oh, I agree it is false; I was just pointing out to Bowsette that his logic as to why it's false is not sound.

Yes, it's nothing more than a loose reference. It's treated as nothing more than backstory that has no impact on the narrative. There's no level of interconnected narrative. I've never gotten the sense that the events from any game directly affect those in another game. Heck, each game's setting is pretty good at just forgetting that Link and Ganon exist.

I'd point to something like the Mass Effect series as a better example of a same universe in which references exist. The fourth game, Mass Effect: Andromeda, takes place years after the previous games and in an entirely different galaxy, but it's still aware of the other games. It doesn't act surprised when stuff from the previous games is brought up, or pretend that key information from them doesn't exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom