• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Yes, but also the plot is about McQueen trying to get to the big race, though he acts like a doink in the first part of the movie, he eventually gains their trust and they end up showing up to help him out in said race. The plot centers around McQueen’s desires to win and race, with him slowly accepting the townspeople of Radiator Springs also.

I put that one in because McQueen mentions California, but I see your point.

Fair point, but that’s still technically apart of the race itself and he helped out the King too. Though he turned down the sponsorship, it was still a big part of the movie with McQueen pining for it.
Ok yeah we agree on the plot, great. My argument is basically that there's not enough racing for me to want to call it a "racing movie." Take something like Talladega Nights (the only racing movie I can readily recall the plot of) and there's obviously a plot and character development and stuff, but there's a lot more racing scenes than just the opening and finale. If I was told a movie was an action movie but the only action scenes were in the first 10 and last 10 minutes of the movie I'd feel cheated, even if the rest of the movie was fantastic.
Mighty out here arguing that the Lego batman movie is a superhero film
Why wouldn't it be?

MightyMario

The Mightiest Mario
Chevs there is a lot more racing than just the opening and final races

Doc’s race with Lightning at Willy’s Butte
Technically Sally and Lightning race when they go up to the Wheel Well
Lightning dreams (including daydreams) about racing at several points in the movie
The epilogue shows Doc and Lightning racing at Willy’s Butte again

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Ehh those all kinda feel like a stretch tbh.
Doc’s race with Lightning at Willy’s Butte
You're not entirely wrong here, this is a race, but there's no racing. Lightning just kinda runs away and yeets off into the cactus.
Technically Sally and Lightning race when they go up to the Wheel Well
Not really, the whole point of that scene is Lightning learning to just take a drive.
Lightning dreams (including daydreams) about racing at several points in the movie
I mean I guess, but it's not like there's any extended racing action
The epilogue shows Doc and Lightning racing at Willy’s Butte again
Ok yeah I guess so.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Legend
Mine is, plastic. For some bloody reason I became fixated on it back in late Jan and now I spend every lunch break reading about it, watching videos about it, even went to Lousiiana with the primary interest of seeing plastic factories firsthand. Just look at how my tabs rn lol, the same is with my phone but probably 30+ tabs about plastic and other chemicals. Don;t even ask me why
My dad does plastic molds for dioramas. He does a two-part mold and then a two-part resin and makes whatever he molded. You can find him on Ebay and Facebook at DioramaOutfitters.

You should tell us about the Vietnam war sometime.
I should. Maybe I will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom