• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Lakebed Temple

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
So I'm re-playing Twilight Princess, because I haven't played since it first came out, and I forget all the puzzles now. Oh man, the Lakebed Temple confused me to no end:S. What's with Nintendo and these multi-floored water dungeons with central rooms? I gotta say though, it's really cool, I actually felt like I was the bottom of a lake which the Water Temple in OoT never really did for me (is the Water Temple and Lakebed Temple the same place? Not really a question for this forum I suppose). It was weird because I always had this claustrophobic feeling while in the temple. As much as it confused me, I thought it was a really cool temple. Did you guys think it was difficult? What about the atmosphere? Discuss.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
AH! The Lakebed Temple killed me the first 3 times I played the game. It was evil! But then, when I just played it for a 4th time very recently, I was at Morpheel and thought "That was it?" It was major easy the 4th time. But I do think that Nintendo needs to hold off on the many floored, many keyed, much confusion Water Temples.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It is more a big puzzle but not that hard. Believe me...after you finish it once you will rush through it the second time. It is real easy ;) It is not my fav dungeon but I love it because after this I know I will be able to switch between wolf and human :D

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
The lake bed temple frustrated me intensely. I mean it took me forever to figure out the simplest things. But this is no more than any other water temple in Zelda games. However, I was so enticed with the epic boss fight at the end, that I immediately forgot about every bad thing I went through in that temple and it became my favorite temple.

Note: This is when I first played it. It is no longer even close to being my favorite temple.

Epona

Ordon Village
I just recently beat that temple, and I really liked it. I kept going to the rooms in the East and was so confused as to why I couldn't get through. I didn't realize that in the central room, you could clawshot to the targets that didn't have hanging hooks on them, to make the water go down the stairs.

I always try to go through dungeons without help, without looking anything up, unless I wander around for 2 hours unable to figure it out. I'll look up sidequests and stuff like that because it takes too long to figure it out myself, but for dungeons I try to do it myself, which is why the Lakebed Temple took me so darn long to figure out. I didn't even know you could clawshot to the vines at first. But I did beat it finally, and it actually took me less time than the Water Temply in Ocarina of Time. That was....confusing, to say the least.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
I also share the frustrations of that east side (i think). The first room I went to from the central room where you have to shoot down the rocks from the ceiling confused me because I had no clue I was supposed to do that. I was running around the room clueless because I couldn't do a thing, so I went to every other side room from the central room, and you can't do anything without sending water down those rooms, and I was already stumped, it was awful haha.

Actually, the saddest part of my whole endeavor was right at the end. I had acquired the boss key, meaning the central room was as filled with water as it could be so you can use the boss key on the bottom door and go to the boss. Well, of course, I had seen that door from a distance and thought it required a regular key, so I was running around to every room that had a chest I hadn't opened yet looking for a key. After searching every chest and coming up empty I was really mad and shut the game off, only to come back later and realize "Wow, really? That's where I use the boss key?:facepalm:"

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Hahahah! In the beginning I was confused when I entered the room where you had to bomb those two things on the ceiling so you could climb up to the vines. I was searching and wondering why the ehck I couldn't go any further. That's what happen when you never look up. Always keep your head up :lol:

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I think it was too easy (like most of TP, but that's another story...) and it didn't live up to the "water temple standard" that was shaped by the previous 3D games. Compared to the Great Bay Temple of MM and the Water Temple of OoT, I'd almost say that the Lakebed Temple was linear. You basically had only 2 floors with 2 directions to go from the central room versus 3 floors with 4 directions in OoT. The GBT was even more confusing because it was very asymmetric which made it quite complicated to remember which direction you're currently facing and where exactly you are (before getting the map).

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Believe it or not, I thought it was the 2nd hardest in the game (City in the Sky was #1 hardest, but I'm ashamed because I beat it in 1/2 an hour cause I used a walkthrough :( ). I was stuck on it for about 3 months. It's the best water temple I've played so far tho. OoT's Water Temple was TERRIBLE! Way to claustrophobic and WAY too tedious. I've been stuck on it for months. ST's Ocean Temple was crap and barely had an "ocean-ish" feel. This comment is too long and rambly, sorry. I LIKE PIE

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I got the boss key LONG before I actually beat the temple. I hated that room all the way to the east, the little water-maze-type thing.

I was always wondering how the crap I was supposed to raise the water level so I could get to the boss door, but then I referred to a walkthrough (this site, actually :)) and it told me to shoot down a stalactite in this one room, and I figured the rest out from there.

Turns out if I hung from a certain spot in the chandelier and dropped down, I would plop right down in front of it! :S

OK I'm sorry I had to put these here cuz they look so cool! :triforce: :mastersword:

M

M-SwordLink

The Lakebed Temple the first time for me, you should've seen my expression on that first giant room, me going, "The f*ck?". It was plenty difficult for me, but I eventually got through it.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
The Lakebed Temple the first time for me, you should've seen my expression on that first giant room, me going, "The ****?". It was plenty difficult for me, but I eventually got through it.

Haha, that was essentially my reaction as well. I realllly hate water dungeons, they always frustrate and puzzle me.

Also, I hate being "that guy," but you should watch your language on this site, I know you *'ed a letter, but it's still plenty obvious, and this site is supposed to be a place where everyone can speak and feel comfortable, including all ages of people, and there are plenty that don't like swearing and that kind of language.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Lakebed Temple is definitely one of the better dungeons in the game, and it did confuse me when going through it for the 1st time. After that, it was still kinda confusing, but it was a whole lot easier. I still think it is the hardest 3D water dungeon in the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom