• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lake Hylia Skyloft Crater?

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
This is a fairly plausible theory, the only arguments that i can think that one would make against it would include the obvious debate of City in the Sky vs. Skyloft. If someone believes they are the same place, than your theory is most definitely correct. However, if someone disagrees with it, tgan it would be very difficult proving it to them.

Secondly, there is the whole geographical debate. In Tp, Lake Hylia is in the Lanayru Province, which in SS was the Lanayru Desert. It is very difficult to believe that of all the land to choose from, Hylia picked a desert to be Skyloft. Plus, at the end of SS, a small part of Skyloft falls straight to the surface and lands in the Sealed Grounds. This would mean that Skyloft is directly avove the Faron Province, which would then support another theory that Lake Floria is actually where Skyloft once was.

All in all, great theory, but there are just too many things that go against it instead of with it.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
I think that the Lake was named after Hylia just like lots of other things in Hyrule. But maybe your right about the whole skyloft creating the lake thing. Sounds like a destructive past for Lake Hylia tho.

This is a rather interesting theory that I haven't heard before this. However... I think that it is a very possible, at the very least I can not think of anything at the moment that would disposte it. Hmm... So, if I were to say, that it is a possibility. :)

There is the whole geographical debate. In Tp, Lake Hylia is in the Lanayru Province, which in SS was the Lanayru Desert. It is very difficult to believe that of all the land to choose from, Hylia picked a desert to be Skyloft. Plus, at the end of SS, a small part of Skyloft falls straight to the surface and lands in the Sealed Grounds. This would mean that Skyloft is directly avove the Faron Province, which would then support another theory that Lake Floria is actually where Skyloft once was.

SS confuses the hell out of me with its Geography, i don't understand why things have moved around so much or why the Temple of Time is in Lanayru. OoT comes before TP and while, after the statue of the goddess has fallen to the sealed grounds, it does look a lot like the sacred grove from TP, but I don't see how that can be when Link takes the Master Sword from the Temple of Time in OoT, which as far as I know the Master Sword hasn't been moved since SS Link put it back... SS did screw around with geography... But yeah, i completely forgot about the temple falling into the sealed grounds... that does put a downer on my theory. D:

Could be, though it is only speculation. The Isle of the Goddess was just a small portion of Skyloft that came from what would become the sealed grounds. The sealed grounds is part of Faron Woods and Lake Hylia, meaning that what is left of Skyloft is Faron Woods and Lake Hylia. How Lake Hylia got filled with water, I assume, is the work of the water dragon.

Smoore

The Rational Theist
I really doubt Hylia and Floria are the same. It makes more sense that there are multiple lakes that come and go. Real-world geography changes drastically over time, with lakes and rivers constantly coming and going (on time scales of hundreds of years).

As for the City in the Sky being Skyloft, this isn't true. More likely, City in the Sky is the remains of the Palace of Winds from The Minish Cap. Sometime between Skyward Sword and The Minish Cap, a group of Hylians wanted to return to the sky. They built the Palace of Winds as their home, but after they died out or evacuated, it became inhabited by the strange Oocca. There are even birds there that resemble miniature Loftwings.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
SS confuses the hell out of me with its Geography, i don't understand why things have moved around so much or why the Temple of Time is in Lanayru. OoT comes before TP and while, after the statue of the goddess has fallen to the sealed grounds, it does look a lot like the sacred grove from TP, but I don't see how that can be when Link takes the Master Sword from the Temple of Time in OoT, which as far as I know the Master Sword hasn't been moved since SS Link put it back... SS did screw around with geography... But yeah, i completely forgot about the temple falling into the sealed grounds... that does put a downer on my theory. D:

Actually the SS geography is pretty much the one one that makes the most sense (compared to TP), first of all, the temple of time of the Lanayru province is not the temple of time we all know and love, the sealed temple was turned into the ToT by Rauru (as confirmed by Hyrule Historia and several in-game hints), the Sacred grove is confirmed to be the ToT from OoT, and by extension the sealed temple. Hope it cleared up your doubts :)

oshi_yoshi

Skyloftian Night Patrol
Well, the TP Hyrule was a rebuilt Hyrule after the destruction of the OoT Hyrule, right? Seeing as in OoT the castle town was centered around the ToT, and TP castle town is smack in the center of Hyrule....
Geh, mah head hurts now. Kudos if you understood what I was trying to get across.
Well, it would make sense. Better to have a reason for a huge crater than say it's just a random crater.
As to the Skyloft waterfall filling the lake.... It would have been present in SS if that had been the case.
*Adding this to my timeline theory*

Actually the SS geography is pretty much the one one that makes the most sense (compared to TP), first of all, the temple of time of the Lanayru province is not the temple of time we all know and love, the sealed temple was turned into the ToT by Rauru (as confirmed by Hyrule Historia and several in-game hints), the Sacred grove is confirmed to be the ToT from OoT, and by extension the sealed temple. Hope it cleared up your doubts :)

Thanks, i figured the ToT in Lanayru wasn't the same one in OoT but forgot that Rauru had a hand in building the new one, =] Though i really liked the big Crest of Lanayru's temple of time, probably my favourite location in SS.

O

Occaflute

You know, I started thinking about this not 2 weeks ago!
That is interesting, city in the sky theory is new to me though.
Still sounds like it could be true...:)

I don't frequent Zelda theory threads too often i don't pretend to know everything about them nor Nintendo's next move but I thought that the City in The Sky and Skyloft were wholly agreed upon to be one and the same, i didn't realise that people were divided on it. I also havent played minish cap yet despite owning it to know that there is apparently another temple in the sky too.

it could be true that Lake Hylia could have been the birthplace of Skyloft, but we'll probably never know since SS was the Zelda prequel to end all prequels which didnt actually do a very good job of answering any questions. Its just odd to me that even then, Lake Hylia was called lake hylia but if Skyloft came from Lake Floria then why not call Lake Floria Lake Hylia, since technically Hylia would have created that particular lake.

W

Wind Waker

I never really thought about that. I would say that that is the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom