• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Labatory Dude and Well Boss...

So howdy folks.

Watching my man play through Master Quest has given me the opportunity to view this game from a completely different perspective. I have to wonder if the man in the Lake Hylia Labatory and the Boss from the well are somehow related...

Lets take a look real fast... shall we?

Mizumi.png

and...

Duh nuh nuh NUhhhhhhhh...

OOT_DeadHand.png

the three similarities I find most peculiar are the jaw, the neck, and the hunch back.

Your thoughts?

M

Melmo Jenkins

Does look very similar in ways. I think it's just the character look in the game. In the manga they look nothing alike.

Oh, that's interesting. I mean, I doubt that Deadhand is related to that labratory guy, but Deadhand's existence oculd be connected to a failed experiment.

Perhaps Mr. labratory guy attempted to combine a clone of himself with a mutated tailpasarin--also from failed experiments, and then the result was extremely unsuccessful. So, he just stuffed it in the well, hoping that was the end of it. :P

P

princess-kikyo

Oh, that's interesting. I mean, I doubt that Deadhand is related to that labratory guy, but Deadhand's existence oculd be connected to a failed experiment.

Perhaps Mr. labratory guy attempted to combine a clone of himself with a mutated tailpasarin--also from failed experiments, and then the result was extremely unsuccessful. So, he just stuffed it in the well, hoping that was the end of it. :P

Only part I don't get is why he would travel ALL THE WAY to Kakariko (sp?) village, just to put it in a well.... Seriously. I mean it's a long way for him. And why do that when there is an entire lake just there.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
Only part I don't get is why he would travel ALL THE WAY to Kakariko (sp?) village, just to put it in a well.... Seriously. I mean it's a long way for him. And why do that when there is an entire lake just there.

Well, he could have been much younger at the time he created it, making it easier to move. And if the Dead Hand was causing trouble, such as breaking things, scaring him, and all mischief in general, that would be a decent reason to get him out of there.

I think it would be interesting if they were connected, but I doubt it. I just don't think Nintendo looks into things such as these as much.

I just don't think Nintendo looks into things such as these as much.
Actually, that is most-likely the answer... I've heard that Nintendo never really considered a Zelda timeline until fans started to devise some themselves. So, seeing that, Nintendo probably doesn't think about it as much as we do. It's just fun to notice little things as these to make theories that are enjoyable to read about. :P

The laboratory dude and his brother were lab partners back in the day.

His brother went to look for an Eyeball Frog in The Well, as it was the Lab Dude's birthday. And Eyeball Frogs are his absolute favorite.

His brother got lost in the well, and eventually turned into the dead hand.

Dun-dun-dun:lol:

Djinn

and Tonic
There are a few strange looking albino Hylians in OoT. Normally the "unsavory" characters that live outside the norm follow this design.

There was Grog outside Kakariko

Grog.jpg

And Dampe

276px-OoT_DampeGhost.png

There was also the Bomb shop owner and even the Bean Seller had the same albino goblinish look to him but not the hunched over with a long neck look. The Goron elder in MM had a very similar hunched over appearance so this might be the specific characteristics the artist that designed characters for OoT gave them. He was probably told by the developers that they needed an older character, or some strange grave dweller, or even a ghost of a strange man in a well. So I am not too sure if there is a direct relation between the scientist and Dead Hand, as they are both meant to represent odd reclusive individuals while the limitations of the graphics make things seem just a little bit otherworldly. The extra long next I believe to be simply an exaggeration of someone who would be a hunched over elderly (or undead) recluse.

The laboratory dude and his brother were lab partners back in the day.

His brother went to look for an Eyeball Frog in The Well, as it was the Lab Dude's birthday. And Eyeball Frogs are his absolute favorite.

His brother got lost in the well, and eventually turned into the dead hand.

Dun-dun-dun:lol:

haha I like this one. And Djinn you did shine light on similar characters. however there is definitly a distinct difference between Dampe and the Deadhand/Labatory guy. thats there, and that's that neck thing. hmmmmm.......

Zorato

"Frocobo says die!"
Um...even if they do, how does that have anything to do with being related? There are more than one Dead Hands. This one's just...out there.

Thank you, exactly what I was thinking. It just is..... well out there, couldn't have said it better maself! :)

Definition of Related
google said:
being connected either logically or causally or by shared characteristics ; "painting and the related arts"; "school-related activities"; "related to micelle formation is the...ability of detergent actives to congregate at oil-water interfaces"

its entirely possible for you and some random person you've met to be 'related' in the sense that you have many of the similar characteristics, while you may not be related in the family sense. Think abstractly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom