• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

L is real 2041?

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I noticed both signs but never saw anything until someone pointed this out. It is possibly but exetremely unlikely that this is reference to Luigi's Mansion which came out in November of 2001. The release date could hae ben pushed back. I think it is a reference to Paper Mario if it is anything at all.

T

TwilightKat

Question: Why are you guys so sure it's English?
Yeah, you may have bought the English version of the games, but it was originally Japanese, and in OoT's case, it could be Hylian.
[Heh, sorry for the encouragement. :P]

Jedizora

:right:
the bottem part looks like pit htyt jr. this can only mean there shall be another kid icaris game! if only

Con-man

Master Swordsman
Whether it's scribbling or not, it's still significant cuz they not just similar, they are exactly the same. Maybe it was an inside joke, or maybe they thought people could figure it out before Paper Mario was released. Who knows? Whatever it was, it is probably no longer relevant.

I was actually reading about this on Wikipedia's Super Mario 64 page a while ago. It said that the statue in Mario 64 caused such a frenzy that they decided to put the text into Ocarina for the hell of it, possibly as an homage.

Actually, if you enter "L is Real Two Thousand Forty One" in the code chamber in Banjo-Tooie, you will unlock the secret of Stop N' Swop and you will get transported to the top of Luigi's Mansion where the Great Mighty Poo will give you 100 lives and a Playboy magazine. If you enter the final word of page 48 of the magazine into the sandcastle in Banjo-Kazooie, Devil Bottles will appear and say the phrase "Hylian Legend." If you enter "Hylian Legend" as your name in the The Minish Cap, then when you defeat Vaati he will say the cryptic phrase "MP3 128." MP3 stands for Metroid Prime 3, and if you scan exactly 128 items with the scan visor in Metroid Prime 3 and then beat the game with 100% completion, the ship that follows Samus's ship in the secret ending will follow Samus to the planet Linaxonpitonironimigangia. The pilot of the ship will then emerge and reveal its true name: Metroid Dread. You will then battle him, and upon his defeat, he will tell you the release date of his game that is named after him and a code. Buy Metroid Dread when it comes out and enter the code the boss Metroid Dread gave you and you will activate a quest to collect 882 identical pieces of Aztec gold that were cursed by Cortez. Doing so will get you a code that is used in the real world as the password to get into Area 51. In Area 51, Kal-El will reveal to you that General Zod has teamed up with the Goa'uld to destroy Earth at the end of the Mayan calendar in the year 2012. So it's pretty much the greatest conspiracy of all time. Please tell me someone actually understood that joke. I know, I know, I have no life whatsoever. I really need to lay off the mega mushrooms, don't I?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom