• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Just a Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

evilpancakeman

Hi, im new here so be nice.

Wouldnt minish cap have to be one of the first games in the series, because you start of with the that green tunic. Unlike other games (tp, WW, ST) you get them given to you. Its probably been theorized plenty of times before me. But i just thought....

E

evilpancakeman

Fair enough. Maybe MC comes before OoT but after SS. Because its probable the skyward sword will turn into the master sword.
................../
SS--MC--OoT
..................\

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
What you put is very popular belief. Everyone thinks that because MC's intro is identical to ZSS's present story.
It may have been popular before, but it's dying quite fast. MC's intro is not identical to SS's story. Aounuma confirmed that there are no games before OoT until SS comes out. OoT's origins are more compelling than MC's. I think ZD was the only place it was popular in the first place. I also strongly disapprove of your use of the word 'everyone.'

It may have been popular before, but it's dying quite fast. MC's intro is not identical to SS's story. Aounuma confirmed that there are no games before OoT until SS comes out. OoT's origins are more compelling than MC's. I think ZD was the only place it was popular in the first place. I also strongly disapprove of your use of the word 'everyone.'
Ugh, Aonuma did not confirm that there are no games before OoT except SS. He said that SS comes before OoT, yes, but he didn't come out and say that there are no other games before OoT. I wish people would stop jumping to that conclusion. >_>

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Well, this isn't strong evidence that MC is first in the timeline, but it is a popular belief. The hat part of Link's clothes could be used as evidence, though.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
That's an interesting point you make about the tunic. The games you mentioned where he doesn't start off with the tunic all come later in the timeline. I wonder if all the games coming out will have a similar plot point; that is, will games that come later in the timeline show link as a boy getting his new tunic?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
That's an interesting point you make about the tunic. The games you mentioned where he doesn't start off with the tunic all come later in the timeline. I wonder if all the games coming out will have a similar plot point; that is, will games that come later in the timeline show link as a boy getting his new tunic?
As Ember said, games like LoZ/AoL and LttP (which are generally considered to be near the end of the timeline) start with Link already having the Tunic.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
It seems the question has been answered. Some games Link starts with the tunic and some he doesn't. Others have explained this well and since the majority of the OPs post was about MC, I am going to close this thread as we already have a couple active MC threads that have been going on for a while.

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom