• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Items

Do you think they will use all of the same items of A Link To The Past? If you don't think there use all the items, what do you think the new items could be? I think that they will have many of the same items, but maybe a few different ones. :lol:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Since it's the same world only around one generation later, I can't see them making use of any new items. I'd love for all old items to return...but then again, they might remove those delicious medallions. :(

Salem

SICK
Since it's the same world only around one generation later, I can't see them making use of any new items. I'd love for all old items to return...but then again, they might remove those delicious medallions. :(
Funny, I used think the alttp medallions have chocolate in them, while I also assumed the OoT medallions were also candy.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I'd imagine the majority of the items will remain the same, but there's room for some change here and there, so we can always hope new items will be included. I'm assuming there will be a new item that turns Link into the drawing we keep seeing, rather than a spell of some sort.

XskywardX

Shadow Instruments
I remember when I was watching the trailer for "A Link Between Worlds" I saw Link using an item that made him turn into this almost hieroglyphic painting that allowed him to move across the wall. This item seemed to allow him to get hidden things such as pieces of heart. Also, from what I've heard and seen, it seems like this item the main part of the game, as if this item is "the" link between worlds.

I hope there will be a couple of new items, next to the original ones of course. But from what I've seen I don't count on it.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I am fairly sure all the old items will return, based on the fact that there is the same number of item slots, and all the items we have seen thus far are from ALttP (unless the drawing mechanic requires use of a new item). Of course, there are some items from ALttP that may need to be replaced, like the Medallions, but I'm sure we will get something to replace them.

WhiteRundas

Ice Hunter
So far there are two rather uncommon items returning in this game: the Hammer and the Fire Rod. Both were in alttp, but work somewhat different in albw. Therefore I think most of the old items are returning, but will change in their functions. For example, the Fire Rod has a lower range now, but the flame is much bigger.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I really hope it's not the exact same list of items I feel ALBW could totally go without both canes, the magic cape, and the book of mudora, and for that matter the 3 medallions. While all of these items were cool, this new game doesn't need to rip off of the coolness of ALttP, it can come up with its own useful cool items

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I really hope it's not the exact same list of items I feel ALBW could totally go without both canes, the magic cape, and the book of mudora, and for that matter the 3 medallions. While all of these items were cool, this new game doesn't need to rip off of the coolness of ALttP, it can come up with its own useful cool items

Well if you think about it EVERY zelda game has has the same items in some way shape of form, Hookshot, has been there since, the cap/feather has been in every 2D game since, though the cape in ALttP was lame cuz it just turned you invisable. The book of Mudora should not be an inventory item, it should be a passive item like the Pegasus boot and the moon pearl.

the three medallions need too be in the game, even if they arent actual Item taking a slot in the inventory, they could change it to a Spell system, where you have one item that when equipped allows you perform many different spells, so okay maybe the medallions need to go as they are now, just cluttering up that inventory but the functions of the medallions MUST stay! and to fix your cane issue, We Need the red one, it was really good for puzzle solving, im trying to think of a way to get the magic from the blue cane, without having to have another cane in you inventory, maybe you can throw the shield it gives you into a power that is provided by my suggestion for how to replace the Medallions!

Does that sound a little better

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom