• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Is the Shadow Temple Really That Scary?

Did the Shadow Temple creep you out?

• It traumatized me! I dread it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I still find it creepy to this day.

• Only when I first played it, but not anymore.

• Not at all. What's so scary?

• Total voters

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I don't really think so. It creeped me out when I first played through it, but I've gotten used to it now. I actually find it quite enjoyable.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
It creeped me out when I first got there. The music.. The walls everything was indeed creepy. But it's kind of fun now. Execpt the scary writing in that one place..

Z

ZChris

it gross look at the walls it liek BLOOD ALL over them and there is also skulls and gross stuff but it not THAT scary i mean SERUYOSY XD! (>^.^)>

Z

Zeldalover93

The music, all the blood on the walls, and all the creepy enemies..... Ugh.

The first time I played OoT, it was about 1 in the morning after I got the Lense of Truth, and was horrified. I had to go to bed and wait till the next day to get the nerve to go into the Shadow Temple. Now when I go through, it's still pretty freakin scary, and sometimes if it's night time when I'm playing I'll still wait till the day before going in. Not nearly as scary as the first time I went through though... that was crazy. I chose the second option.
I REALLY hope they have one spooky dungeon like this in SS... they don't need an entire game of trying to scare you, but one section of it just makes the game fun

L

Link928

I don't see what was so scary about the Shadow Temple. I don't think it had any certain parts that were creepy or scary at all.

E

edman1123

When I first played it as a kid, yey I was terrified. But after playing it again recently, I was more fascinated than scared.

It's such a well designed and thought-out place.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
Actually, I'll have to admit it STILL scares the heck outta me. The torture devices, dead hands and redeads, blood-stained walls and floors, and music all tie together to make one fearsome temple. I LOATHE going to the Shadow Temple!

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
It used to TRAUMATISE me. Like seriously, I even started avoiding Kakariko Village because of it D;
Just, the combination of invisible traps, redeads, the creepy textures/blood, the music, and the fact that you couldn't even trust the FLOOR or the WALLS to hold up and be real... to this day I'm still kind of nervous that I'll accidentally fall through the floor into a group of redeads, even though I know where most of the holes are. But after forcing myself to play through it a couple of times, I actually really kind of like the place now... the various falling blades and things are really kind of cool, it's pretty simple to navigate, and the story behind the Ferry still intrigues me to this day...
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom