• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Skyward Sword Worth Buying a Wii For?

Nerion

Nerion Saiarion
Ya, I mean, there are lots of other games fun games as well, such as every Zelda on a home console (exept for The Wind Waker, but it can be played on the Wii with a GameCube disk.) Several other games such as Mario, Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger (I highly recomend Chrono Trigger!!!!) And while you're at it, get Red Steel 2. It is awesome. You use the wii motion plus as a katana! Precise reactions, great graphics and artstyle! Get a Wii! There will also be a connection between the Wii and the WiiU.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Well it's hard to say, but if that's the only game you plan on buying for it, I would say no. But if you're a really big Zelda fan, then sure why not. Especially since you can get the Wii for a very reasonable low price ranging from $75-$100 Brand New to.

I would play it at a friends house and see if you like the controls then decide from that, but I personally would buy a Wii just for this game and of course the great amount of games on the system

Dracoburn

Lance's Protégé
Maybe Skyward Sword alone isn't worth buying a Wii, but if you don't have Twilight Princess or Brawl, I'd get the Wii to get any combination of those games. It also lets you play Gamecube games, so if you have a Gamecube, you can trade it in for a discount. Do remember to hang onto your memory card, games that you regularly play and controllers, all of which are obviously required to play NGC games on the Wii. Honestly, I'd say that TP is more worthy of a system that can play it than SS is, but that's just me. Besides, TP can be played on the Gamecube, if that's a resource available to you.

C

CWP

I did buy my wii to play skyward sword. there are a few places online where you can buy brand new wii's with mario kart for 150. if you then turn around and sell mario kart for 50$ you can get a new 100$ wii. fantastic deal. unless you want mario kart wii. which i dont because mario kart 7 is awesome.

anyway i do not regret buying my wii. there are a lot of fun games, and they are cheap. most games can be purchased on amazon for under 20$. even some games for under 5$ such as mad world and star wars force unleashed. im excited to play star wars, wiimote controls + lightsaber = awesome.

skyward sword is also a 40+ hour epic zelda adventure.

I bought a 3DS only for Ocarina of Time 3D, and that was when it was just released(about 450$). Buying a wii for the newest and almost longest Zeldagame is for sure worth it if you are a Zelda-fan. If you just play alot of games casually, then probably not, since the new Console from Nintendo is getting closer to release.

Like people have said Wiis are pretty cheap now so I'd say yes. Remember though that the WiiU is supposedly coming out at the end of this year.

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
I would just wait for the Wii U, it's only a few months away. Skyward Sword is a great game, but I wouldn't spill out over $100 for it when you can save for the next gen console, which will most likely cost of 300.

D

Del

You should buy one. You can play gamecube games on it too so, I dunno, it's a pretty sweet deal, for it's typical price.

Yes. Skyward Sword is an excellent action adventure game, with awesome sidequests, music, art style, difficulty, and length. Plus, one of the best bosses in the zelda series, Koloktos, is in this game. You just cannot miss out on Koloktos.

N

Nintendoprodigy

Skyward Sword is only $30 at toys are us new twighlight princess is $20 and a new wii is only $110 so yes you should

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Since the Wii is going for a very low price (Wii U comes out supposedly this fall?), I would say YES go out and buy Skyward Sword. Whether I like it or not doesn't change the fact that I think it's a great video game you should definitely NOT miss. But while you do get a Wii and SS, expand your gaming library and perhaps pick up Smash Bros Brawl or Xenoblade Chronicles or something along the way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom