• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is OOT the first game in the timeline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Actually, my opinion is stated in my sig. I believe MC and the FS series go before OoT, and SS in confirmed to be before OoT, as it talks about the MS's birth, the legend spoken of in OoT.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Actually, my opinion is stated in my sig. I believe MC and the FS series go before OoT, and SS in confirmed to be before OoT, as it talks about the MS's birth, the legend spoken of in OoT.
The only thing about that is as i have tried to state that it is hard to place FSA before OOT because OOT is the original story of Ganondorf and because FSA through music and places has a more obvious connection to ALTTP so most likely it goes their but MC is fine before OOT for the reasons in my last post. But the only thing i have to say about SS is that it may go at the front but i dont think anyone needs to be placing it just yet because none of us have played the game and for all we know their could be something that completely debunks the theory of SS as first(even though it most likely is due to developer quotes)

Here's my view. Aonuma saying FS/FSA came before OOT at the time currently means nothing, Nintendo official statements so far have often been completely contradictory. Also, I don't believe FS/FSA or MC come before OOT nor do I believe FSA is near Alttp, the similar art styles only occur because FS was bundled with Alttp on the GBA. Also, in WW Link's grandmother mentions the tradition of hanging the FAMILY shield on the wall. Later, when you obtain the shield, the text says it was supposedly the shield the Hero of Time used.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Here's my view. Aonuma saying FS/FSA came before OOT at the time currently means nothing, Nintendo official statements so far have often been completely contradictory. Also, I don't believe FS/FSA or MC come before OOT nor do I believe FSA is near Alttp, the similar art styles only occur because FS was bundled with Alttp on the GBA. Also, in WW Link's grandmother mentions the tradition of hanging the FAMILY shield on the wall. Later, when you obtain the shield, the text says it was supposedly the shield the Hero of Time used.
I understand your point up to one thing and i understand why you place FSA where it is except for that the reason that it should be near ALTTP is not because of FS. It is because of it being the same map, their being remixed ALTTP songs in FSA, and that GAnon from ALTTP and FSA seem to be the same and that the ALTTP Ganon has the same trident as the FSA ganon did.

benjibibbles

Disastrous Waffle Person
Since Aonuma says that SS comes before OoT I assume SS comes first in the timeline. After that I believe you have MC the OoT then the face melting universe split.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I don't believe that OoT was first and this is why the Sages built the ToT right and I think the ToT a covering for the master sword which Link placed back at the pedestal of time at the of his ALttP adventure.

I don't believe that OoT was first and this is why the Sages built the ToT right and I think the ToT a covering for the master sword which Link placed back at the pedestal of time at the of his ALttP adventure.

Hmmm.. IMO the pedestal of time is what is left of the ToT after 100s of 100s of years (also see the state of the ToT in TP).

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Aonuma stated that Skyward Sword is the first, so Ocarina of Time is no longer the first in the timeline it seems.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Aonuma stated that Skyward Sword is the first, so Ocarina of Time is no longer the first in the timeline it seems.

From what we know, SS is supposed to be first in the timeline. Even if that wasn't stated, do a quick thread search and you will TONS of threads about OoT being first or not.

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom