• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Intel Vs AMD

Dan

I prefer Intel, mainly because it's what I know. I've always went with intel chips and nvidia graphics cards.

P

Prichina Neboi

I prefer Intel simply because they make better chips. Additionally, with AMD expected to withdraw from the desktop processor market some time in the near future it will soon be the only choice available, from what I've heard.

Austin

Austin
I'm too poor for Intel chips. I've also never had a problem with my lovely Phenom X2, it handles everything I throw at it.

Kazumi

chagy
I have a love-hate relationship with both of them.

On one hand, Intel makes more powerful chips that are in my opinion much better designed than AMD chips. Simply put, AMD doesn't have a solid equivalent to the top-tier Intel chips that have become a standard serious gaming. One issue that I do have with Intel is that they don't respect your freedoms and try and force a lot of proprietary things on you, which I don't exactly enjoy. However, that hasn't stopped me from purchasing and greatly enjoying my i5 3570k.

On the other hand, I like AMD because they do respect your freedoms for the most part, and also make solid budget CPUs. What I don't appreciate however is the rather high core temps that they run at, and how much power they draw.

If I had to pick, I'd say Intel for anyone who wants a powerful computer.

From what I've gathered, intel is like Apple. You're more or less just paying for the brand. So AMD usually get's my vote :)

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I currently run with an AMD Athlon Quad Core, last one I used was an intel i7 and it overheated, however this was my own fault for overclocking. I like both brands and couldn't care less which one I have, as long as it gets the job done although I think for my next PC I'll get an Intel CPU because they tend to have the top notch CPU's and are a little bit more powerful than AMD.

From what I've gathered, intel is like Apple. You're more or less just paying for the brand. So AMD usually get's my vote :)

I wouldn't agree with that, Intel actually makes good CPU's while Apple on the other hand makes bad products but sells it for a lot.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
whatever provides the best processor / mainboard value for my budget when I buy.

Norm

God-King of Teh Intarwebz
Clearly in ur tube, blockin ur internets.
Ahh, AMD. Used to crush Intel with ease, but, to quote PC Magazine, "Intel has run AMD out of the high-end chip market, the medium-end chip market, and, were it not for Intel's current focus on ARM chips, would have run AMD out of the low-end market, too." For the time being, Intel is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom