• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time In Ocarina of Time 3D, I Figured Out You Can Do Some of the Temples Out of Order...

D

Dinkleman

So far what I've done, is go: Forest Temple, Water Temple, and I just started the Spirit Temple, but I won't be able to finish that cause I need the megaton hammer... who else has beat these temples out of order? Can you get Zora's sapphire before you get Goron's Ruby?

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I don't have Ocarina of Time 3D yet (and probably never will) but because Nintendo took out most of the major event skipping glitches my guess is that you can only complete the Water Temple before the Fire Temple and the Spirit Temple before the Shadow Temple. In the N64/Gamecube version you can, with glitches, beat Jabu Jabu before Dodongo's Cavern. Using what has been discovered so far you can camplete the dungeons in absolutely ANY order.

bubblecrash

Oh no its back
as long as you get the items from each dungeon you can do whichever ones you want but with some like the longshot and megaton hammer your so far in you may as well finish it. i remember my cousin couldn't figure out the forest temple so he did the fire temple and came back to it. im not sure if you can do the shadow temple before the water temple though, the event where bongo bongo escapes from the well might be triggered by compleating it. ill check it out on my next playthrough.

assuming you have to finish the dungeon once you enter, no grab item and go tricks,
Forest Temple can be 1st or 2nd
Fire temple can be 1st 2nd 3rd or 4th
Water Temple can be 2nd 3rd maybe 4th
Shadow Temple can be 4th or 5th
Spirit Temple can be 3rd 4th and 5th

MW7

So far what I've done, is go: Forest Temple, Water Temple, and I just started the Spirit Temple, but I won't be able to finish that cause I need the megaton hammer... who else has beat these temples out of order? Can you get Zora's sapphire before you get Goron's Ruby?

I do this all the time. You don't need the megaton hammer to finish the Spirit Temple (in the regular quest, master quest does require it), try it yourself and see. The door you would open with the megaton hammer just leads back to the first room of the dungeon and there isn't anything special in there anyway. And you can easily get the Zora's sapphire before the Goron's ruby by leaving dondongo's cavern once you get the bombs.

Here's something for you to try that I'm doing right now (no glitches required) upon becoming adult link in this order:

1. Get Epona
2. Get Gerudo Membership Card (tricky but possible without the hookshot)
3. Complete the Ice Cavern
4. Get the Hookshot
5. Get the Longshot (the first 4 keys in the Water Temple do not require the bow so you can complete up to the longshot without it)
6. Cross the River of Sand in the Haunted Wasteland then go through the Poe's path without the Lens of Truth. Get the Requiem of Spirit (before beating any Temples, kind of crazy yes)
7. Complete up to the bow in the Forest Temple
8. Finish the Water Temple
9. Finish the Forest Temple
10. Complete the Spirit Temple (note that you have to complete the Forest Temple to go back in time)
11. Complete the Fire Temple
12. Complete the Shadow Temple
13. Complete the Bottom of the Well
14. Finish the game

So in order of completion that's Ice Cavern, Water Temple, Forest Temple, Spirit Temple, Fire Temple, Shadow Temple, Bottom of the Well. I went back for the Bottom of the Well because I was doing a 100% run.

as long as you get the items from each dungeon you can do whichever ones you want but with some like the longshot and megaton hammer your so far in you may as well finish it. i remember my cousin couldn't figure out the forest temple so he did the fire temple and came back to it. im not sure if you can do the shadow temple before the water temple though, the event where bongo bongo escapes from the well might be triggered by compleating it. ill check it out on my next playthrough.

I've tested having every combination of Forest, Fire, and Water medallions and entering Kakariko (I think I did Fire and Water once but can't remember. I definitely did all the others though), and I've concluded that you must have all three to unlock that event. I think I did this on the N64 version so I think it's safe to assume the 3DS version is the same.

assuming you have to finish the dungeon once you enter, no grab item and go tricks,
Forest Temple can be 1st or 2nd
Fire temple can be 1st 2nd 3rd or 4th
Water Temple can be 2nd 3rd maybe 4th
Shadow Temple can be 4th or 5th
Spirit Temple can be 3rd 4th and 5th

Yep I agree, and the Water Temple can only be completed 4th without glitches by entering it for the Longshot and leaving since you need it to cross the river of sand (except in the N64/GC version you could backwalk across the river of sand but that's technically a glitch). The order would be Forest/Fire, Spirit, Water, Shadow but you'd enter Water before beating Spirit.

Last edited:

DarkHylian

Sage of Darkness
I've always done them in order just because I don't see the point of running into a temple and grabbing an item only so you can go do another temple first. Why not just finish up the temple you're in? Idk, maybe I'll try it sometime.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I've always done them in order just because I don't see the point of running into a temple and grabbing an item only so you can go do another temple first. Why not just finish up the temple you're in? Idk, maybe I'll try it sometime.

For me, I'd get bored of the same order over and over again. That's why I sequence break. It gives me more motivation when I replay the game.

DarkHylian

Sage of Darkness
For me, I'd get bored of the same order over and over again. That's why I sequence break. It gives me more motivation when I replay the game.

Yeah, I mean I can see why people would do it. I kinda wish when they make temples the puzzles inside them would be balanced only around the item you get in that temple so you could feel free to do which ever one you want first and not worry about having to go grab the bow so you can shoot all the little eyes.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Yeah, I mean I can see why people would do it. I kinda wish when they make temples the puzzles inside them would be balanced only around the item you get in that temple so you could feel free to do which ever one you want first and not worry about having to go grab the bow so you can shoot all the little eyes.

But then you end up with a slew of nearly useless items, that have essentially no value outside the dungeon you obtain them in.

The Stone Tower Temple is often lauded as the greatest temple in any Zelda game (I agree with this assessment); you know why? It used every single essential item in the game, and was wonderfully challenging as a result.

DarkHylian

Sage of Darkness
But then you end up with a slew of nearly useless items, that have essentially no value outside the dungeon you obtain them in.

The Stone Tower Temple is often lauded as the greatest temple in any Zelda game (I agree with this assessment); you know why? It used every single essential item in the game, and was wonderfully challenging as a result.

True, so then maybe not every temple, just a few that only required that dungeon's item and made you really use your head to figure out what to do. The Water Temple is one of the most challenging ones out there and the main reason for that is because of the water level rising/lowering and that was done by using your ocarina which wasn't a dungeon item. The Great Bay Temple does that too with water currents. Honestly, I'd rather have stuff like the bombs and bow/arrows be items you obtain not in temples or at least the first dungeon or so you do because those are standard items that you use everywhere, and I'd rather see more unique items in dungeons. You could still use those unique items for secrets and side quests, and of course other things if you wish to.

Garo

Boy Wonder
True, so then maybe not every temple, just a few that only required that dungeon's item and made you really use your head to figure out what to do. The Water Temple is one of the most challenging ones out there and the main reason for that is because of the water level rising/lowering and that was done by using your ocarina which wasn't a dungeon item. The Great Bay Temple does that too with water currents. Honestly, I'd rather have stuff like the bombs and bow/arrows be items you obtain not in temples or at least the first dungeon or so you do because those are standard items that you use everywhere, and I'd rather see more unique items in dungeons. You could still use those unique items for secrets and side quests, and of course other things if you wish to.

I'll agree with this sentiment. I want to see more unique and interesting items, and I want to see them used. The Spinner was a really cool item; it wasn't used very well though.

Give us the mundane, arsenal staples outside of dungeons (think Hookshot in OoT and Majora's Mask); give us fun stuff for puzzle solving in dungeons.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I don't usually like going out of order, but I have done it. My current play through is Forest-Water-Fire-Shadow-Spirit (Okay, o it's not THAT out of order). I think one time I did Fire-Water-Forest though for the first three, but that was just 'cause I hate Phantom Ganon.
Most times I'll do it in the proper order (athough Shadow/Spirit may vary, but the proper order of that is debated anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom