• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Impa

......................Holy whoa. o_0

That's actually kind of awesome. Ganondorf really dies in Twilight Princess, deprived of the Triforce of Power, and the legacy continues in a Demise-esque way (I guess sorta literally Demise-related). It also makes the whole idea of the Child Timeline continuing the Dark Tribe storyline especially cool if you believe that the Trident is Ghirahim...

Anyway didn't mean to deviate so much from the original topic. Well actually I guess it can relate in this way: If the Triforce of Power no longer belongs to Ganondorf after Twilight Princess, could Impa have an increased prominence on the Child Timeline from here on out? It seems like they could be setting that up since all these quotes are from HH.

Isn't Impa from the sheika race?in OoT *SPOILERS* Zelda disguise herself as a sheika,a race that protects the royal family or something like that.So OoT Impa must be reincarnation from SS Impa.

Isn't Impa from the sheika race?in OoT *SPOILERS* Zelda disguise herself as a sheika,a race that protects the royal family or something like that.So OoT Impa must be reincarnation from SS Impa.
...How does that help to prove that she's a reincarnation of the previous Impa?

Hyrule Historia, page 119

The Gerudo Thief Ganondorf’s Reincarnation

Hundreds of years passed since Ganondorf’s defeat. The relationship between the Gerudo tribe, Hyrule Kingdom was restored and peace returned.

However, a new Ganondorf was born. Ganondorf defied the laws of the Gerudo village and invaded the ancient pyramid and took the wicked weapon called the “Trident.” Then, to bring darkness over Hyrule, he stole the Mirror of Darkness from the temple in the forest.

Oho. Well then, I stand corrected. However, I detect a discrepancy. In any event ^ shall stand for the time being...

EDIT:
I think the OOT Impa is a descendant of SS Impa. Just as Zelda is, and Link is.

Hmm... What gave you that idea? SS Impa was never shown to have any blood relatives in Skyward Sword. For the sake of clarity, I am not implying that she had NO relatives at all during the time; there were simply no relatives to be seen [in-game]. That being said, I find it imprudent to assume that OoT Impa is a descendant of SS Impa. In a nutshell, what I am trying to say is that the word descendant denotes blood relation, which proves incredibly problematic given the SS Impa's age and many other factors. If anything, OoT Impa is just another member of the Sheikah who shares SS Impa's namesake (and role, due to destiny and fate). Also, there is no implication of blood relation between SS Link and OoT Link; however, Zelda's situation is different story altogether...

Last edited by a moderator:

Smoore

The Rational Theist
Ganondorf being reincarnated for Four Swords Adventures is a dumb idea. I think all it says is that Nintendo lacks the creativity to build extensive 'tween-game stories. Ganondorf from FSA can easily be the same as Ganondorf from Ocarina of Time.

As for Impa, it seems likely that she is a different person every time, and that Impa is either a title (like Pharaoh or Caesar) or just a very common name among Sheikah women.

As for Impa, it seems likely that she is a different person every time, and that Impa is either a title (like Pharaoh or Caesar) or just a very common name among Sheikah women.

^

Wolf Sage said:
If anything, OoT Impa is just another member of the Sheikah who shares SS Impa's namesake (and role, due to destiny and fate).

Given the intense debating nature of this subforum, I didn't want to bring it up but I believe Nintendo may also have been doing a bit of fanservice as well by having the Sheikah in Skyward Sword named Impa.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Ganondorf being reincarnated for Four Swords Adventures is a dumb idea. I think all it says is that Nintendo lacks the creativity to build extensive 'tween-game stories. Ganondorf from FSA can easily be the same as Ganondorf from Ocarina of Time.

Or perhaps they just wanted to keep a villain open, at the end of FSA Ganon is sealed,giving room for sequels, this is the only instance where this is possible anymore, in the adult timeline they have been forced to have two different demons take the role (none of which make good adversaries), in the downfall timeline Ganon has been revived to death (if you know what I mean), in his last incarnation he is so mindless it wouldn't be fun anymore, he was also killed in the Child timeline in TP, that takes Ganon out of any possible game (aside from a prequel to WW), so Nintendo decided to have another villain they can reuse later

Smoore

The Rational Theist
Or perhaps they just wanted to keep a villain open, at the end of FSA Ganon is sealed,giving room for sequels, this is the only instance where this is possible anymore, in the adult timeline they have been forced to have two different demons take the role (none of which make good adversaries), in the downfall timeline Ganon has been revived to death (if you know what I mean), in his last incarnation he is so mindless it wouldn't be fun anymore, he was also killed in the Child timeline in TP, that takes Ganon out of any possible game (aside from a prequel to WW), so Nintendo decided to have another villain they can reuse later

I know, that's the only thing that makes sense out of it. But I'm getting a little tired of Ganondorf, personally. I want another villain to rise up who is completely different from Ganondorf, is pursuing something completely different, but spans several games in a unique way (Vaati was great for this, but his time is over). It could go many different ways, but it needs to be done somehow.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
I know, that's the only thing that makes sense out of it. But I'm getting a little tired of Ganondorf, personally. I want another villain to rise up who is completely different from Ganondorf, is pursuing something completely different, but spans several games in a unique way (Vaati was great for this, but his time is over). It could go many different ways, but it needs to be done somehow.

Completely agree,Why do they have to kill the bad guy in every game lately, we haven't sealed any big bad since The Minish cap (though to be honest Bellum and Malladus are stupid villians)

Smoore

The Rational Theist
Completely agree,Why do they have to kill the bad guy in every game lately, we haven't sealed any big bad since The Minish cap (though to be honest Bellum and Malladus are stupid villians)

Really? I liked Malladus, personally. I saw him as kind of a spiritual successor of Ganon (perhaps even the same spirit with a new name?). He was like Ganon but not, all at the same time. Anyway, he's not coming back.

I personally hope to see a more diabolical villain. This article makes a good point that Ganondorf, while evil, is a little weak all the same. His weakness is wanting to rule. He wants power, but power is worthless if there is no one over whom he can exert his power. Thus, he allows everyone to live and just makes their lives miserable. We need another villain like Majora's Mask who is only out to kill and destroy everything—Zelda needs a Joker.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Let's get back on-topic. Remember, this is the Theory section, and this thread is about Impa.

I don't think there's sufficient reason to believe that it's the same Impa, especially when she goes out of her way to say that she's a member of a race which serves Hylia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom