• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If You Could Change One Thing?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
So this thread is about; if you could change one thing about any of the Zelda games, what would that one choice be? It can be anything from small simple changes to things like, soundtrack or graphics...You can choose as much or as little Zelda games as you want!

I'll start off with some simple changes I would like to see:

AlttP Some sort of barrier during the Moldorm fight to stop me from falling off!!

Ocarina of Time I would change the Dark Link fight to be the main boss of the Water Temple

Wind Waker An upgrade for Sailing

Majoras Mask Actually make the Moon a complete final Dungeon to match the likes of Stone Tower and Great Bay

Phantom Hourglass Making the drawing of the hourglass easier to do in the final boss battle

Twilight Princess Simple....Let Zant keep his mask on!

Skyward Sword More usage of the Skyward Strike during combat

LoZ At least a couple of hints towards the many secrets in the game

Just one thing? Aww SS is gonna be hard.

Wind Waker: Make the Forbidden Forest easier to get to!

Ocarina of Time: More sidequests in the overworld later on in the game.

Twilight Princess: Increase in difficulty.

Phantom Hourglass: Take out the time Ocean King temple completely!

Spirit Tracks: Do away with the flute.

Adventure of Link: Decrease in difficulty.

Majora's Mask: A better save system.

Minish Cap: Less constant shrinking. (I know that was the point of the game but jeez)

Legend of Zelda: better item usage sign posting.

I'll leave OoX and SS out of it since i can't think of just one thing, and i havent played FS or FSA.

LA and ALttP i have no gripes with.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
LoZ: Give us better hints as to what to do in the game. Too many archaic hints in the game.
AoL: Let our experience carry over through death, eh?
ALttP: Game's pretty much perfect. Give it three dimensions and a graphical update alike that of OoT3D and I'm set.
LA: Make the game speed about 1.23487x faster.
OoT: All planned or unplanned Ura Zelda content please.
MM: Give us two more dungeons or more access to Fierce Deity Link.
OoS: Less CC bosses, more original.
OoA: Pretty much perfect. Maybe one more boss.
TWW: Make enemies hit for MUCH more damage.
TMC: Magic Meter please.
TP: Give us a magic meter and all three typical Arrow types.
PH: Make TotOK function like the Tower of Spirits does.
ST: Make overworld travel be on foot, or by train if you want faster travel.
SS: N/A; too many things to change atm.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
LoZ: Give us a realistic way to figure out where some of this stuff is.
AoL: Let us respawn at a realistic area.
aLttP: Stop that horrible magic meter from ever starting.
LA: Make Link give a crap at the end for the people he killed.
OoT: More linearity.
MM: Better save system.
OoS: More story
OoA: More difficulty
tWW: Decrease sailing to 10% of what it is now.
FS: One player
FSA: 3D
TMC: Remove kinstones
TP: No cutscene when I pick up rupees.
PH: Don't introduce us treasure.
ST: Let us replay bosses individually.
SS: More story.

Snoober

P O K E M O N M A S T E R
If I could have changed anything in the Zelda series, hmmmm that is a hard question. Probably more arrow types in 2D games. IDK really though

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
Ok, just one thing in one game. Allow us to save at any moment, in any place, no matter what's happening during Majora's Mask and let us able to come back to that exact spot with everything EXACTLY as it was when you saved. BAM. INSTANT PERFECTION OF THE BEST ZELDA GAME.

Last edited:

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice
LoZ: Less obscure hints on where to find things
AoL: Keep your experience points after a game over
ALttP: More sidequests
OoT: Navi stops interrupting with Hey! Listen!
MM: Revise save system so that you get to save your rupees, arrows, other numerical items after playing Song of Time
WW: Make combat more challenging
TP: The beginning- less boring tasks to do and get into the action faster.
SS: Toss up between improving the motion controls and making Fi less captain obvious
PH: No Temple of the Ocean King
ST: Get rid of the spirit flute

Wind Waker: Add more to the effects of controlling the sailing. Most of the time it was boring and I went off to read a book while the controller just sat there.
Twilight Princess: Not as much like Ocarina of Time, not dark in annoying way but just its own unique style.
Ocarina of Time: Kill Navi option
Skyward Sword: Much more to do in the sky. It felt bland and unfinished when it had extreme potential, and has a purpose to explore much more instead of flying into clouds.
Spirit Tracks: less weird
Phantom Hourglass: Better soundtrack

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
I really don't understand all the hate for Majora's Mask's save system (lolz at the double 's)

LoZ: Hints that actually made sense
AoL: Not have you restart at the beginning when you get a GAME OVER
ALttP: Nothing that I can think of
LA: Maybe make the overworld not so annoying to traverse (although I didn't mind it too much)
OoT: Maybe more side dungeons (not really any major complaints)
MM: Again maybe more side dungeony areas (but again no real complaints)
OoS: Haven't finished it yet, but make the overworld not annoying as ****
OoA: Remove Goron dancing
WW: Make sea combat actually useful. (Meaning you can't just sail past everything and be fine)
MC: Make it so that random Kinstones fuses and random trophies don't get locked if you don't do them at the right time
TP: Better AI and harder difficulty
PH: Change sailing back to the WW sailing
ST: Remove the train. (Didn't allow for as much exploration in my opinion and made the game feel to linear)
SS: Too much to name, but choosing one....make the surface feel connected and not just Paintings in Mario 64 that you have to jump through.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
WW - Take out the triforce hunt. (Or atleast don't make it mandatory). Sailing wasn't that bad, but mandatory fetch quests over huge overworlds that require you to find/pay/find is rediculous. Only fans enjoy doing these kinda things, and not even all of them.
TP - Add Dark Link to the story, it practically begs for him. Make him Zant's minion and the mini-boss for the twilight world, as well as giving him some connections to both Link and Midna (and maybe Zelda).
SS - Remake entire game with main focus "this is a prequel."

TP: Get rid of the stupid "you got a blue rupee!!!!!!1!1!1" thing that happens every time the file is restarted/make "you got x item" text skippable.
TWW: Speed up sailing just a bit and maybe reduce some of the distance between places where there's not much to do/see/find.
SS: Agreeing with Awesome on making the surface world feel more connected.

Zelda_Ali_Baba

Why did the humans attack
LoZ: Better hints! Also, no more "Beat this time to get this item" stuff. It gets frustrating and boring fast! :/
PH: More side quests! There were LACK of those and it didn't really give you much else to do when you wanted to take a break from the story! I mean other then treasure hunting. :)
ST: Make the killer trains a LITTLE more bare able. You can't control where they are when you arrive and that just wasn't fair. Or at least allow us to kill them and then they can respawn at a set point or something.
TP: Do more with the desert! I always ADORE the deserts in LoZ but this one was kinda boring.
SS: I didn't like how we had to get the Hylian shield. Especially in Hero Mode when you can be put up against Ghirahim the 3rd time,.

I really love these games, though! Their stories are always amazing, their soundtracks are breathtaking, and almost ALWAYS love the instruments (especially the flute and ocarina :3).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom