• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If This Game Turns Out to Be Cell-shaded...

Personally I thought cell shading worked amazingly well in the games that were cell-shaded but would be really disappointed if this game turns out to be cell-shaded

edit: sorry please delete, i tried making a poll

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I honestly liked cell-shaded, but they can't come out with cell-shaded games back to back.

Depends on what you mean by cel shading. If you're talking about the way it was done in WW, then no, I seriously doubt Nintendo would do that because of all the complaints it got from a large percentage of fans. If it's some other style we've never seen, I guess it could be a bit more probable, but I'm still putting my money on the darker style graphics of TP. Those graphics kind of established that Zelda wasn't just another sell-out E game for the Wii, and I think it's the best way to stay on top of the likes of Sony and Microsoft.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I honestly liked cell-shaded, but they can't come out with cell-shaded games back to back.

Why not? They did it with PH and ST.

But I would very much enjoy the Cel Shaded graphics of WW to return to a console game. Those graphics were amazing and really I don't see what the heck people were so ticked about with the graphics. They criticized WW for the Toon Graphics but didn't criticize MC, FS, FSA, PH, or ST for it. It makes no sense. Not to mention, toonism has been a big part of the Zelda series before and after that. ALttP was a toon style. MM and OoT were in sort of a half toon half realism sort of thing. And a good majority of all the Zelda games were in toon style graphics. And graphics don't matter that much. As long as they hold and you're able to easily distinguish a bomb from a rock then you shouldn't complain. Sorry about my little rant...

But anyways I'd welcome cel shading even more if they did but I doubt it'd happen. Too many fans would needlessly complain about the graphics if they did.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
You do know that portions of TP were cell-shaded right? In any case, word is that it's going to be something totally different. Perhaps a greater mixture of the two styles. Something like Dragon Quest, or DBZ Budokai, perhaps.

You do know that portions of TP were cell-shaded right? In any case, word is that it's going to be something totally different. Perhaps a greater mixture of the two styles. Something like Dragon Quest, or DBZ Budokai, perhaps.
THIS.

I don't want another darn game with Twilight Princess' style. At least not right now. I never really liked the style to begin with. It was too realistic, dark, disturbing, and un-stylized for Zelda.

I'd LOVE to see a new style, rather than a return to one of the older ones, and what Vincent suggests here sounds perfect.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I honestly don't get why people complain about cel-shading when it's just a style of coloring. And a clean one at that. Realistic airbrush coloring is fine and all that, but it looks so grainy compared to the smooth cel-shading in WW. I mean cel-shading is used in all sorts of animation, like anime for example, and it's beautiful. I would actually love to see it used in Zelda Wii where we can get a really clean feel in the colors that the DS just doesn't do proper justice to.

NES

Awesome
You're referring to the WW-like graphics, right?

Honestly, I wouldn't mind. I really liked those graphics. It was a new twist and looked sharp, smooth, and well done.

TheSerpent

The Happy Mask Salesman
People just think it is a "kid game" or something, just because of the cartoonish graphics. I honestly don't care about the graphics, as long as the storyline and gameplay are good.

I honestly don't care about the graphics, as long as the storyline and gameplay are good.

It's too bad that the rest of the gaming world thinks otherwise. I have nothing against WWs graphics, and I'm happy to see that the style has continued on the handheld games, which is where they should stay. Another console WW-graphic-style would do no good for Nintendo now that they've gotten a taste of what graphics like TP can do for them in the general gaming world. It's overall better competition for them when stacked against the other systems, which means more money. Because really, does anyone outside of the fanbase want another WW-styled game?

A better question, if you were going to introduce your PS360 fanboy friend to a Zelda game for the first time, would you choose WW or TP? Be honest.

octorok74

TETTAC
I really wouldn't care if it was cel-shaded, but I would prefer it to look more realistic. It's just that we have WW, PH, and ST that are cel-shaded right now and if Zelda Wii was cel-shaded then it would be almost like Nintendo appeals only to young gamers. We need another realistic Zelda game, so that gamers of every age will be satisfied.

ill be honest.

i absolutely loved the cel-shading in the wind waker, but i really really dont want them to use cel-shading for this game, however i will still buy this game and make a fair judgement on it when i play it reardless of the graphics as i dont really care about graphics. if i did i woldve bought a ps3 and spent 2 years playing nothing but repetitive boring war games. anyway, whilst i dont care much about graphics, i just dont want the graphics to be cel-shading just this one time.

how i would have no tolerance with digitized grahics for a game like this but 100% sure it wont be

D

DekuLink

I honestly don't think that this is open for discussion.

Zelda Wii has been in development for at least 4 years. Plus the fact that they released that concept art, it'd be bat**** insane to change the entire style of the game now.

And even if they were just starting the development, I can't believe that so many people would have doubt that it would be realistically styled. I think that after TWW came out that, due to it's initial response, it's an unsaid rule that Nintendo's not gonna have another console cel-shaded Zelda.

I honestly don't think that this is open for discussion.

Zelda Wii has been in development for at least 4 years. Plus the fact that they released that concept art, it'd be bat**** insane to change the entire style of the game now.

And even if they were just starting the development, I can't believe that so many people would have doubt that it would be realistically styled. I think that after TWW came out that, due to it's initial response, it's an unsaid rule that Nintendo's not gonna have another console cel-shaded Zelda.

the wind waker blew everybodys socks off when it was released and people got a chance to play it, and about 90% of the people knew tey were wrong for prejdging the game.

also remember the wind wakers first beta trailer which was cancelled, with non-cel-shaded graphics, they scrapped that for cel-shading so who says they wont do the same here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom