• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

if possible what bosses might return in botw 2

Archer

Whatever
Hmmm.......

I’m thinking since they’re both completely absent, I would think some version of Gohma and maybe King Dodongo could be in the game.

I dunno who else though. I guess if they implement the Hookshot I wouldn’t mind seeing Arrghus

But for reusing bosses, Lynel and Hinox might return

As in which bosses I'd like to see?

I appreciate that BotW gave some formerly 2D-only enemies some 3D love, and I'd be in favor of seeing that with some actual bosses. 2D bosses like Gleeok or Trinexx could work really well into BotW's elemental attack system without like completely restricting your approach to fighting them. Throwing Aquamentus out there too, for being the first boss you face in Zelda I and never returning in the series as far as I'm aware. He deserves better. Also Thunderbird, just because.

For returning 3D bosses, I agree with Gohma. She's a pretty iconic Zelda boss, and we haven't seen her in awhile. And on the topic of bug enemies, I'd love to see Mothula again as well, but I'm okay with a Wind Waker treatment in having them be just a general enemy/miniboss rather than a true boss.

I'd be surprised if the main story bosses weren't all themed around each other like how BotW's were. Some more side bosses to accompany Taluses and Hinoxes would be nice, though. I'd be curious to see some bosses get the Molgera/Molduga treatment as well. Where they're a clear reference to that boss, but are just like a different "breed" of them. It's a good way to integrate returning bosses/enemies into the more open battle system of BotW without undoing their design entirely. A boss like Stallord from Twilight Princess could probably be easily reworked for BotW's stal-enemies, for instance.

Realistically, I don't really expect too much from the enemies in BotW2, but I still hope for more variety. BotW's enemies were lacking in this department, but it's understandable when you consider how in-depth their AI was. With this sequel, all that AI can be carried over for the returning enemies (I would be very surprised if the staple enemies of BotW were cut for this reason), and they can instead focus on building new enemies to add to the existing ones from the first game. Darknuts and redeads/gibdos feel like necessary additions to the enemy lineup. Skulltulas would be nice too. If we're going underground, we need more enemies that fit that sort of environment.

Hmmm.......

I’m thinking since they’re both completely absent, I would think some version of Gohma and maybe King Dodongo could be in the game.

I dunno who else though. I guess if they implement the Hookshot I wouldn’t mind seeing Arrghus

But for reusing bosses, Lynel and Hinox might return
It'd be pretty cool to be exploring ancient underground ruins and find these monsters still lurking down there. They'd effectively be ancient living relics of Hyrule's past.

kikwi_lopsa

give me the cucco nuggets
actually now that i think about it since it looks like its underground i see re-deads as an enemy and maybe ghoma or king dodongo for a boss

With it being underground, I'd like them to do what they did with Oracle of Seasons and remake all the Zelda 1 bosses in 3D. All the Z1 dungeons were in the Underworld, and with Zelda and Link traveling to the "Underworld," having those bosses return would be cool.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Hmm.... Interesting question. Maybe something with the two floating hands and a head, along the lines of Bongo Bongo from OoT, or the boss from tower of gods in WW. I like what Obi-Wan said about King Dodongo, or maybe any of the kinda "father of their race" type, like Gohma or the dragon from the OoT Fire Temple.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Hmm.... Interesting question. Maybe something with the two floating hands and a head, along the lines of Bongo Bongo from OoT, or the boss from tower of gods in WW. I like what Obi-Wan said about King Dodongo, or maybe any of the kinda "father of their race" type, like Gohma or the dragon from the OoT Fire Temple.
I don't necessarily want the old bosses to reappear in a more traditional boss way, but I think it'd be cool to see creatures like the King Dodongo and Gohma to appear as field bosses within the (assumed) underground areas. It'd be cool to be venturing in some deep tunnels and just see that lone eye flicker open just out of reach.

Interesting topic.

I'd like to see a boss with heads that become disembodied and float around and shoot at you like Gleeok, Jermafenser, or Blind from the first three games. It could kind of work like the remains of the four temple bosses in the final battle of Majora's Mask. Imagine how cool it would be to see a Gleeok in a 3D Zelda for the first time.

I'd also like to see more variety in overowrld bosses; imagine at night, when there's a swarm of Keese or something, and they merge into a Vire, who gives you a nice reward for defeating him.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
Forum Volunteer
I would love to see another artificial boss, kind of like the Koloktos from SS. They could make it fit in with the sheikah tech aesthetic. As for actual returning bosses, I would have to say Twinrova risen from the grave. They were one of my favorite ever boss fights, not to mention interesting characters. They've also been know to try and bring Ganon back from time to time so it would make sense for them to be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom