• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda I Lost My Save File.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Indridcold85

I was playing LoZ and I was getting ready to put it back in the top loader nes. I dropped it right before i put it in and my save file is now no where to be found. I am just going to have to break down and get the virtual console version.....GRRRRR:(

Valexi

Hylian Thief
Well, does the cartridge still work?
I mean, you could always just start over again on the cartridge and just be careful not to drop it again.
Anyway, I had something simular happen to me. I was at the 6th dungeon of LoZ and my savefile messed up and I hard to start all over. I found that the game is a lot easier the second time around, so I'm sure you'll breeze through it and catch up to where you were before in no time.

Sstorm

Some Legends Never Die...
Thats tough luck! I was saving TP one time and mid save the power went out and corrupted my save file when I was about half way through. I know your pain, but keep on trucking and enjoy the game!

I

Indridcold85

I can get back to where I was in no time I am just kinda sad that I wasted like two hours.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
NES games often lose their battery back up. They ARE over 20 years old now, you know. You're better off trying to beat the whole game in one sitting, without turning off the power.

You could also get the Classic NES Version for the GBA, get the VC version, or even use an emulator.

I

Indridcold85

NES games often lose their battery back up. They ARE over 20 years old now, you know. You're better off trying to beat the whole game in one sitting, without turning off the power.

You could also get the Classic NES Version for the GBA, get the VC version, or even use an emulator.

That is what I plan on doing. I went in to my VC account and realized that I only have 200 points. I was literally like "300 points away!" :(

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
This might not sound like the best idea, but it helps. Just take a few deep breaths, come back in maybe a few hours, and just try it again. It happens. You don't want to do it. But it helps your maturity by a huge step.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Yea, LoZ does have some issues with saving and all. The NES is pretty old, so VC is a better option for the game. Don't let this incident prevent you from finishing the game!

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
This belongs more in the Zelda Game Help section than the Classic Zelda section, as it pertains to help with an issue someone is having more than a discussion.

Well you have two options. One you can get the Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition, or two you can get the game on the Nintendo Wii's VC. I found out that if you play a gamecube game using the HD cable for the Nintendo Wii it will have 480p resolution which is the max resolution for Nintendo Wii. The next generation console after the Wii might have higher resolution. With the price of Blue-Ray disks and blue ray players starting to drop a little bit it should be cheaper for Nintendo to use Blue-Ray disks, and to put a Blue-Ray player in the next console.

The battery in my cartridge is dead and won't save any files at all. So either your battery happened to die just then (lol) or dropping it damaged the battery somehow. Sucks to be that cartridge. I recommend getting the VC version, or downloading Zelda Classic on your computer. :D

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
If you are still around, and haven't done anything yet...

I've been thinking. There's one more option for you, if you really want to play the game on the NES but your back-up battery has died.

http://www.the9thkey.com/games/Nesbatt.htm

It's not an easy procedure, but if you're willing to replace the batteries in your NES games, they might have a very long lifespan. Those old circuits were quite durable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom