• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Hyrule Warriors 2

Do you expect a Hyrule Warriors sequel?

• Yes

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Dont Care

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Hyrule Warriors has been with us for many months now, and it is awesome. Sales have been strong too, only 130,000 in Japan (see article in news section of ZD), but more than a million overall. TK and Nintendo seem very impressed with the game. Do you think a sequel is possible? What form might it take?

I think it is possible. There's so much more lore in WW, ALBW, Spirit Tracks, ALttp, and all the other Zelda games. HW has been a great success, and a successor late-Wii U or early next console would be great. Maybe even a portable-focused spin-off on 3ds. There's so much potential with new characters, settings, and gameplay improvements. I'd say its possible it will happen and would be great if it did.

Expect? Yes. Of course. I don't think there's a single musou brawler that doesn't have sequels, and HW did very well. They'd be stupid not to make one. And I'll give them my money for it too, judging by the play time i sunk into HW…. on one condition: it's made apparently clear that Skull Kid is playable from day one (or it's made clear before release that he'll be coming soon after launch, as it was with Cia, Wizzro and Volga).

I think there should be a sequel and it should be on NX. There is enough sales of the first game to justify a sequel. I think two WiiU games is too much though.
I also hope HW2 fixes all the issues of HW1 like redundant heart pieces and armour badges and other issues.

InsomniacAttack

wtf did u say about me u little mcnuggit?
Eh. Maybe one on the 3DS. In Nintendo's terms, 1 million copies isn't a whole lot and although it is fun and a fan-favorite Wii U game, I doubt 1 million copies sold will be enough incentive for Nintendo to make a direct sequel on the Wii U.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Hyrule Warriors is one of the hottest Wii U games right now still, and it's been a huge, huge moneymaker thus far. I can't see them simply stopping at this one title, I would honestly expect another Zelda-related Musou game in the future.

I reckon there'll be at least one more on the U, i wouldnt rule out an HW trilogy of games for the U alone. It didnt take KT long to make the first one. They have a functioning engine now too to lay the ground work for easy sequels.

The only problem i can see for future HW games is that HW was a mash up, and it used the biggest Zelda games and names, Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time, Midna, Zant, Fi, Impa...

If sequels came out and were mash ups and they chose to use the games that werent featured in HW1 likee ALttP, PH, WW etc, i wonder how excited people would be to play it given that each HW installment would feature less popular games to mash up...

That is indeed if they go that direction. No reason why they cant have a faux mash up and just have a new story in a new world with descendants of characters like canon Zelda games do anyway. That way there wouldnt need to be a dimension popping story and KT could adapt characters accordingly. Like a descendant of Agitha and another Impa... it'd work.

I reckon there'll be at least one more on the U, i wouldnt rule out an HW trilogy of games for the U alone. It didnt take KT long to make the first one. They have a functioning engine now too to lay the ground work for easy sequels.

The only problem i can see for future HW games is that HW was a mash up, and it used the biggest Zelda games and names, Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time, Midna, Zant, Fi, Impa...

If sequels came out and were mash ups and they chose to use the games that werent featured in HW1 likee ALttP, PH, WW etc, i wonder how excited people would be to play it given that each HW installment would feature less popular games to mash up...

That is indeed if they go that direction. No reason why they cant have a faux mash up and just have a new story in a new world with descendants of characters like canon Zelda games do anyway. That way there wouldnt need to be a dimension popping story and KT could adapt characters accordingly. Like a descendant of Agitha and another Impa... it'd work.
Yeah, It's like Hyrule Warriors was the full Samus Charge Shot, anything after would just be little 'pew pew pew's because nothing has built up.

However, it's possible they could diverge from the other storylines and fan services, using the current Kingdom established in HW 1 and continuing on with a new history from there. Besides, there's still some Skull Ki- I mean characters they haven't used that would be great primary antagonists to use as fuel for a new story.

Who says Link has to be the main protagonist of HW2. What if it was someone like Groose instead. And Link was just a 2ndary character, you could play as but not the main protagonist like in HW1.

Even though I'm personally not a fan of Hyrule Warriors, I think it's the first Zelda spin-off since Four Swords that could really use a sequel. The game has sold almost a million copies worldwide. Few Wii U games so have managed this feat. There are a lot more characters, enemies, and locations to use from Majora's Mask, The Wind Walker, and Zelda Wii U. Plus, being a Dynasty Warrior spinoff, it could potentially make more fans of that franchise Zelda fans. It's a win-win situation for Nintendo. I definitely expect a sequel, but not this generation. Echoing the8thark, if Hyrule Warriors 2 is made, it'll probably be an NX game.

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
I'm mixed on this. I did not like first one, but, if they were willing to work hard to really improve on it as a sequel (rather than just churning out more of the same), it could work out.

But here would be my expectations.
  1. A higher degree of strategy in the combat
  2. Full fledged online co-op or multiplayer
  3. Higher fidelity graphics and better atmosphere

Alldorin

Pious Goddesses believer
I expect some character addition. What I really want is for it to continue because it's also a great sandbox to try ideas for the main series.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh I expect another HW to be made. And I hope they would because I enjoyed HW very much. I do hope they will include some more interesting characters. And maybe dive deeper into the Goddess of Time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom