• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hunting Poes in Real Life

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
A story I thought I'd share... just how *weird* my guy and I are.

I had an easy day at work and we stopped off for some Rita's (water ice) and suddenly Bob decides that he wants to take a walk in the cemetary we live across the street from. At night.

You see, we've been seeing these mysterious lights there and he's been wanting to check them out. I went alone the other night to investigate one of them... just solar garden lights people have been putting on the graves of their loved ones.

While I'm worried about patrol people, he's all "Let's go to the back to the newer section because I bet there are a lot of lights over there." So we walked that way... found one grave for a young person that was light up like Las Vegas (we imagine that her spirit is groaning "Mother!" somewhere).

Since Bob has been playing TP, he suddenly goes "We're hunting poes! In real life!"

And it was like that... wandering down the cemetary paths looking for little lights.

After looking at some tacky headstones and some tacky lighting (color changing glowing plastic butterflies?!) I expressed my desire that if something bad happens to me "I want a vulture on my headstone." I do, I really do. Most people get hearts, angels, doves... I want a freakin' vulture.

Anyway, we didn't tear out any Poe-souls, nor did we meet any actual ghosts (that we were aware of, anyway)...

But are we just too weird? Anybody else done something extremely gothic or morbid like this?

It's a Saturday night. What are we doing? Looking for lights in a cemetary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom