• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Hunger Games: XII

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I just finished Chapter 2. I tried to make this one long to make up for the shortness of Chapter 1. Enjoy!

Chapter 2 : Erak Xalon

I grabbed the pendant that hung from my neck for the fifth time this morning. I was supposed to be silent and deadly. Instead I found myself unable to tell time and already missing them. I tried to make it up to myself by going though basics on how to use a halberd. But I still had the chariot ride and my interview to get through before I could fight.

I hadn’t even met my stylist yet and I knew that they were going to make something horrible. They weren’t going to send me out without anything like they did before the Rebellion, but still. Things have changed since the Rebellion. Since the Mockingjay. But I do know one thing that hasn’t changed since then.
The food is still just as good.

Tekara Ki

I feel like Mare is avoiding me. But why? He’s seen me in the kitchens, and I’ve seen him with Leif, but why does any of that matter? If he’s avoiding me, then there has to be a reason. I realized I was twirling my braids. Again. My mother used to say that there used to be a place called France, and that the braids that she tied in my hair every morning were french braids.

Then I realized that I had used the word ‘used’. I was already giving up. It’s not like I want to, but I can only cook. What am I going to do? Feed my enemies until they explode from soup overload? But, then again, what would Mare do? At least I can hold a knife. Mare probably doesn’t even know how cut meat. There I go again. I think. I’m talking like a cook does. Like my mom does. I was already criticizing the food. It got high numbers in my book. I kept having to stop myself from slurping up the soup and filling my hair with noodles and the slight scent of garlic.

“Where’s our mentor?” I asked out loud. I had no idea where that question came from, but it was a question that popped up. Sometimes I do that. It’s the only way to make cutting carrots fun. Effela Sleigh tapped her mouth with her napkin before answering. I could see pink from her lipstick dabbed on the napkin.

“He should be here any moment,” she said. “It’s not like him to be late.”

Mare was staring at his soup, spinning his spoon in his hand.

Mare Blackpoint

Even though I was spinning my spoon, I couldn’t stop myself from thinking insulting thoughts at our mentor. It made me stop myself from worrying about Tekara noticing something about me. My mind switched to thinking about the Peacekeeper last night. “I hope you win.”

Was he actually trying to encourage me? He was capital scum, and yet, I felt something about him. It was the same thing I felt in Lief the day we met. Remorse. But he was a Peacekeeper. He had everything. What could he have lost? He probably lost some money with his hairdo. I think jokingly.

His hair looked like it was naturally black, but some Capital freak had died it a dark blue. It was spiked around his forehead, almost like a crown. It was shoulder length with small strands that seemed to always be covering his eyes. He had the standard Peacekeeper uniform. A long sleeved white shirt underneath a bullet proof navy blue vest, black pants and navy blue boots to match the vest. Bare hands meant that he wasn’t married or engaged.

My mind got stuck on clothes and drifted off to information I didn’t even know I knew. Tekara’s outfit on the day of the Reaping.

Her braids were undone except for a single braid down the middle of her back. Her dark brown hair made a U at the sides of her head that somehow complimented her emerald green eyes. She was wearing a dress in a shade of green lighter than her eyes, but it still matched them. There were diamond-shaped holes down the arms.

What am I doing?! I think. First the Reaping, and now here… Why is my mind going back to… The way it was? I’m absorbing every fragment of information that I see and can learn… So why is it happening if I sealed that long ago?

Then a man walked in. His hair was black and shoulder length, only shading his eyes, which I could see were a shade of blue that seemed vaguely familiar. He was wearing a simple sleeveless white shirt and dark blue pants along with tan sandals. I’m doing it again. I think. Effela Sleigh piped up again in her squeaky Capital accent.

“Mare, Tekara, meet your mentor.”

“Nice to meet you,” he said. “I’m Leo Everdeen.”

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Nice chapter, and very nice twist. Can't wait till my guy coomes in
Thanks BED. I plan on including every character in the first couple of chapters, so that only leaves Elliot and Chaiylin. The only reason I haven't done Chaiylin yet is because Amasterasu didn't give Chaiylin a last name... (Wait a minute... Did I seriously just refer to pizzavato as her RP name...?)
Everdeen?
Well, there you have it. Well, nice to see one of Katniss's descendants here.
I thought a plot twist was a good idea.

blue-eyes

Phoenix
Thanks BED. I plan on including every character in the first couple of chapters, so that only leaves Elliot and Chaiylin. The only reason I haven't done Chaiylin yet is because Amasterasu didn't give Chaiylin a last name... (Wait a minute... Did I seriously just refer to pizzavato as her RP name...?)

I thought a plot twist was a good idea.

BED? Seriously!! Just kidding. I really like this story, your doing great

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Just to let everyone know, Chapter 3 of XII will hopefully be up sometime this week. However, I've been pretty busy lately and it definitely won't be up until thursday or later. I'll get the chapter up as soon as I can. Thanks for your patience!

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Chapter 3 : Chailyn Kami

I don’t know the name of my mentor. I didn’t even show up at lunch to meet them. I don’t need to. I’ve trained enough back at the prison Panem calls District 5. I had snuck off every night. In the alleyways, on the top of buildings, I’d done all I could to practice for this moment. The day I became a tribute. So, really, I’d had enough. It was time to think of a strategy. It was only the second day that the tributes were at the Capital. I needed to think.

I only get one day with my mentor before I meet my idiot prep team. They’ll strip me down and prepare me for slaughter just like everyone before me. Before I even knew what I was thinking, I knew I was right. So it was my turn to play games. I could kill everyone in the building right now. But I won’t. Instead, I’ll play an elaborate game of chess.

With everyone else as a pawn to be sacrificed for victory.

Elliot Septin

Everyone is going to be shocked when they find out I use martial arts as a weapon. I think. They’ll think that they’ve beaten me to a kind of prize. But my skill will be my prize. And no one will know about it but me.

My instructor was telling me to shift my stance so that I wouldn’t be knocked off balance or ambushed with no way to escape. Right. I thought. Like that’s going to happen.

The next day was a strange morning. Effela Sleigh announced over the intercom that it was a “big, big, big day!” with the prep teams. Suddenly, something occurred to me. Once they get a hold of me, I’ll be made bare. That means that they’ll see… I had to find a way to hide it. No one could know what was underneath my coat.

It seems to me like this is another short chapter, but I hope it added some suspense!

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Quite good. I don't get what Elliot meant, but I'll find out soon enough, I guess.
I was going for that idea with all the characters. That each one has some sort of purpose.
WHAT DOES ELLIOT HAVE UNDER HIS COAT?? Sneaky little fellow. :3

Great chapter MS13! I'm enjoying this a lot. :D
Thanks, Keyari. I'm glad you're liking the story!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom