• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler HP's Zelda Timeline

HylianPancake

The Pancake Pokemon
Hi guys! Today, I wanna show you guys my timeline. I'll explain.

--------MM-TP-ALTTP-OOX-LA-LOZ-AOL
-------/
SS-OOT----------------------------------
-------\
--------WW-PH-ST-MC-FS-FSA

Haha, well I just noticed that almost looks like a sword. :D

Okay. Let's start. Skyward Sword predates the rest as it was confirmed before Ocarina of Time and explains the origins of the Master Sword. Later comes Ocarina of Time, where the timeline splits into two; the Adult and Child Timelines.

On the Child Timeline, Link searches the Lost Woods for Navi, but meets Skull Kid and the events of Majora's Mask take place. Now, I believe this Link eventually returns to Hyrule and because of his Triforce of Courage, become's the Hero's Shade in Twilight Princess, which is next in the timeline. After TP comes A Link to the Past, because of the Sages and the Location of the Master Sword. After this game, the Triforce teleports Link to the worlds in which the Oracle games take place. After this, Link's Awakening. Then the two orginals, Zelda 1, and Adventure of Link.

Back on the Adult Timeline, Ganon escapes his prison and because there is no Link, takes over Hyrule. However, the golden goddesses flood the country of Hyrule and leave Ganon down there, and many of Hyrule's citizens were moved to the mountaintops, which became the islands of the Great Sea from the Wind Waker, which comes after that series of events. After Wind Waker, Ganon is sealed in Hyrule and the Master Sword is destroyed, so it cannot reappear in any games on the Adult Timeline. After WW is it's obvious sequel, Phantom Hourglass. 100 years later, Spirit Tracks happens in a New Hyrule, founded by Tetra and Link. After Spirit Tracks, I believe comes Minish Cap for reasons I will explain later. The Four Sword Series follows.

So that does it! All discussions of my timeline can be in this thread.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
That's a pretty good timeline, so I'll just be discussing some minor details.
Now, I believe this Link eventually returns to Hyrule and because of his Triforce of Courage, become's the Hero's Shade in Twilight Princess, which is next in the timeline.
I also believe this, though it is interesting that you brought up the ToC. Link has it in TP, so when would you say the HoT lost it? When he became a Stalfos? When TP Link was born?

After TP comes A Link to the Past, because of the Sages and the Location of the Master Sword.
This begs the question of what LttP's backstory is. Is the Seal War an event that takes place after TP? The Master Sword seems to be an object of archeological study at the end of TP, so it's a little hard to believe that the Sages wouldn't be able to find it during the SW.

After this game, the Triforce teleports Link to the worlds in which the Oracle games take place. After this, Link's Awakening. Then the two orginals, Zelda 1, and Adventure of Link.
Just to clear things up...by this you mean "LttP/OoX/LA - LoZ/AoL" (the first three have the same Link, and the last two share a different Link)?

After Wind Waker, Ganon is sealed in Hyrule and the Master Sword is destroyed, so it cannot reappear in any games on the Adult Timeline.
The MS isn't destroyed, it's merely buried at the bottom of the sea. There is still a possibility that it could be found again. After all, the ToC was buried at the bottom of the sea during the flood, and the HoW managed to collect every piece.

AT FSS placements are always interesting, so I look forward to seeing an explanation for that. They do share some connections with ST and I just learned yesterday that PH was part of the FSS early in development. (edit: source)

        ▲
▲   ▲

Last edited:

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
AT FSS placements are always interesting, so I look forward to seeing an explanation for that. They do share some connections with ST and I just learned yesterday that PH was part of the FSS early in development.

That's neat; where did you find that PH was part of the FSS early on?

Yeah, but it was revealed there never was a FS DS game, and that was a mistranslation/misinterpretation.

GI: Will there be any connectivity with the Nintendo DS?

Aonuma: No there won’t be any connectivity with the DS. We do have another Zelda game up and running on the DS, but unfortunately, because our goal is to get this one done by the end of the year we can’t focus too much attention on that one.

GI: Is that Four Swords DS?

Aonuma: No, it’s not Four Swords. Actually, the interview that I was talking about a DS Zelda and Four Swords, I was explaining that with Four Swords we worked with two screens, and because of the experience we had with working with two screens we could easily adapt a system like that with the DS and do different things with it. But I never said that we were actually developing Four Swords for the DS.

PH did, halfway through development, get Fujibayashi as a director which can explain the connections between PH and the FS series.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff

HylianPancake

The Pancake Pokemon
That's a pretty good timeline, so I'll just be discussing some minor details.
I also believe this, though it is interesting that you brought up the ToC. Link has it in TP, so when would you say the HoT lost it? When he became a Stalfos? When TP Link was born?
I think the HoT lost it at death. I'm assuming it silently stayed in the Sacred Realm until TP Link's birth.

This begs the question of what LttP's backstory is. Is the Seal War an event that takes place after TP? The Master Sword seems to be an object of archeological study at the end of TP, so it's a little hard to believe that the Sages wouldn't be able to find it during the SW.

Just to clear things up...by this you mean "LttP/OoX/LA - LoZ/AoL" (the first three have the same Link, and the last two share a different Link)?
Yes. That's exactly what I mean.

The MS isn't destroyed, it's merely buried at the bottom of the sea. There is still a possibility that it could be found again. After all, the ToC was buried at the bottom of the sea during the flood, and the HoW managed to collect every piece.
I respect you and all, but if a country was re-flooded, I think everything would be destroyed, just as Daphnes was killed even with his mysterious powers.

AT FSS placements are always interesting, so I look forward to seeing an explanation for that. They do share some connections with ST and I just learned yesterday that PH was part of the FSS early in development. (edit: source)
Yes. That is correct. PH was...oh sorry Jarsh. :D

^Well, Phantom Hourglass was originally going to be Four Swords DS.

yeah, it was, as both OoT and FSA were going to be the prequel to Alttp, but they only were...

and as far as I know, they think that PH was gonna be a Four Swords game because they only knew it was in development by the same team that created the Four swords games, before they even knew it was gonna be PH

btw, its fairly impossible to just ignore the similarities between Alttp and FSA, as I said it was supposed to be the Imprisoning war, but they changed some things at the end

but there are still a lot of elements, geographically both Alttp and FSA hyrules are almost identical, both in look and places (such as the east palace, etc), the bigger difference is the frozen zone in FSA, which is right to think is the same as the swamp (you know, the ice melts, it becomes water + terrain = swamp, even more, because there was already a swamp next to it)

and there are many more similarities (the maidens, and a fairly amount more), but lets not get bored with a long talk

since a while, I has been thinking that only WW, PH and ST are the games in the adult time line todate

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom