• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art HP's Pokemon Illustrations

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
Hey guys! So I've had some horrible artist's block lately and tried to shake it off with some fanart. I assigned myself a little project to illustrate the current teams of my Pokemon games- something I've wanted to try for a long time. So here are my teams from Blue and Gold, I tried to make myself in the image of the games' protagonists, too. Just thought I'd share and see what you think :) I have more teams/games that I can do, but these were my faves.

pokecolor1.jpg

pokecolor2.jpg

Just a note: I caught my Mew without a Gameshark- there's a simple glitch you can perform in the Gen I games that makes Mew appear at level 7, up for grabs!

I sketched these out in pencil first and colored them in photoshop, without any digital linework, just the pencil outline. They actually took quite a while, maybe I'll get around to my other teams at some point.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
These are awesome O: You should do more, I love looking at stuff people can draw, since I lack the drawing ability myself. I see you included Snorlax in your team, he's a lovable oaf isn't he?

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
(I know I said thanks in the SB but oh well) Thank you! and yes, i don't normally go for Snorlax, but he can learn some sweet moves in Gen I like Surf and Blizzard. He's a quite a useful loveable oaf

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Excellent pieces there, Hylian Pants, I love it, especially since you nailed your own image, she looks just like you! I have a shiny Venusaur! The Kabutops looks great and you seem to have a nice team. Keep up the good work.

Djinn

and Tonic
These are great HP, you captured a level of realism in several of the pokemon that are normally only displayed in a more toon look by other artists. Especially the venusaur's eyes, I think you did a good job on those. Interesting idea to include yourself as their trainer in the pics.

I would love to see some of your other work as well.

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
Excellent pieces there, Hylian Pants, I love it, especially since you nailed your own image, she looks just like you! I have a shiny Venusaur! The Kabutops looks great and you seem to have a nice team. Keep up the good work.

:O I am jealous of your shiny Venusaur! Fun fact: I've never caught a shiny, but got really close in my Gold game once.

These are great HP, you captured a level of realism in several of the pokemon that are normally only displayed in a more toon look by other artists. Especially the venusaur's eyes, I think you did a good job on those. Interesting idea to include yourself as their trainer in the pics.
I would love to see some of your other work as well.
Nice! You did A awesome job, I like how you Made the pokemon look realistic.
Thank you! I'm trying to put fanart on the back burner for now, but I do try to stay active in Fanworks when I can. I love trying to be true to the 'animal' side of pokemon, since most of them are based off real creatures. I think I do better with semi-realism than toony anyway :)

I love your art work, and your banner, where did you get it? (how do I get it)
Don't you go taking my banner! >:C It was a .gif I saw on someone's blog, made from the scene from SSBB

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
yeah, i love that part, i keep playing it over and over in subspace emmisary on the Wii. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom