• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How Would You Like the Difficulty of the New Title to Compare to Skyward Sword?

How would you like the difficulty of the new title to compare to SS?

• Increase allot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Increase slightly

• Stay the same

• Decrease slightly

• Decrease allot

• Total voters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
This poll is for overall game difficulty including combat and puzzles. I thought SS was a pretty easy game with a few decent challenges.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Said it before, will say it again. I want ALttP combat difficulty, and OoA puzzle difficulty. I just want a great challenge. SS was not a challenge for me, not at all.

Big Octo

=^)
SS was not very hard at all for me, and I would like to see some more challenge. Increasing the difficulty very much would fair well with me. Hopefully the combat can be altered to allow for my difficult fights. Also, the puzzles being made harder would also be very fine be me.

MW7

Overall difficulty I'd like to increase a lot. Combat I'd like to be a little harder, but Skyward Sword demonstrated to me that I can enjoy combat that isn't necessarily challenging. WiiMotionPlus made things interesting, and normally I don't think the combat of Zelda games is much fun regardless of the difficulty. Puzzles I'd like to be much much harder though because those are just a chore if they are easy. I would welcome cruelty by the game designers in the puzzle department.

way more difficult. SS was too easy and games in general these days are too easy. give us something challenging and scrap the tutorials we don't need them we can figure stuff out for ourselves. I mean older Zelda games never had tutorials.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This game of yours probably wouldn't sell too well in today's market, but who knows.

Dark Souls lol. Then again, this is Nintendo we're talking about, and their PR is already hurt thanks to the Wii U.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
To me, if a game is too hard or too frustrating, it feels like a chore. SS wasn't very hard, but it was a lot harder than TP in my opinion. I think a slight increase in difficulty is all we need, akin to the difficulty seen in the earlier 3D games like Oot and MM.

ILU

i luv u
I want it to be a lot more difficult. A LOT. I'd almost say "ALttP difficulty", except I feel that ALttP is only difficult for people mainly due to old, clunky controls. I personally love difficult games, though I haven't played one in a long time that wasn't chosen through a difficulty option.

Which I think should be implemented. I've seen arguments for and against it, and I maintain my opinion that Zelda really needs to be able to be enjoyed by all age groups and skill levels. I think a difficulty setting is the best option for Nintendo, and I'd sure as heck choose the highest difficulty available if it were ever implemented. My best comparison would be Skyrim (or all of ES) since it's similar to Zelda. They work great IMO.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Am I the only person that at least had a little bit of trouble with Skyward Sword? I died quite a few times (though I could blame the fact that I suck at Motion Controlling), and even got stuck on some of the puzzles. I mean, this game is nowhere near as difficult as games like Majora's Mask, but it was hard enough for me.

That said, I still want ZeldaU to be a bit harder than Skyward Sword was. I don't want it to be too hard, since it still needs to appeal to all audiences, but it should as least bring back the core difficulty that is associated with the earlier games in the franchise. Increase enemy damage, increase enemy AI, make more mind boggling puzzles, anything they can do to increase the difficulty. Skyward Sword was a step in the right direction in terms of AI, but we need to expand upon what that game had started.

67ghost

no you're not
Maybe a ultra hard mode with stronger faster smarter enemies harder dungeon at least one or two more areas level bosses challenges or even a dungeon the mode should be available from the beginning normal mode should be alttp difficult combat wise ooa puzzle wise I want hard as a rock difficult :)

-Make enemies more aggressive and varied
-Combat-oriented bosses (not puzzle-oriented)
-Back to 3 hearts at start
-Maybe only 16 hearts total

These things would make for a difficulty I'd be happy with.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Am I the only person that at least had a little bit of trouble with Skyward Sword? I died quite a few times (though I could blame the fact that I suck at Motion Controlling), and even got stuck on some of the puzzles.

No you're not. I had some trouble with it a few times too, especially my first playthrough. Though, I've said this a million times and I'll say it again, it could also be due to the fact that I'm not that great a gamer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom