• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Was TWW Good?

D

Darth Link

Wind Waker was the first Zelda game I ever managed to sit through (yeah, I have a short attention span). I loved it. The simple art design looked great, and on a whole the game felt like an interactive cartoon, which was a plus for me.

Yeah, the sailing could get tedious, but with such a huge world to explore, I really couldn't complain. I remember spending hours sailing around just finding the little secrets. And I liked the new moves Link could preform with his sword.

In short, if it's not my favorite Zelda game, it's definitly up there.

I loved the cutscenes, especially when you first go to the Forsaken Fortress with Tetra, and when the Tower of the Gods rises.

I loved the combat system, it was a much more fluid version of OoT's. Except for that one time when I was doing the second part of the Forsaken Fortress. I countered a Bulbin (the guys with the spears, I forget their names), Link did the rolling counter, and I fell down a level, and had to re-go through a large part of it.

SwiftestPhantom

Ganondorf Incarnate
I absolutely adore this game...it was the first Zelda i ever played, and I love it! The storyline is great, the dungeons are ok, (Wind Temple the only exception...) and the sailing is quite fun to me. There are TONS of sidequests...and the Combat system is really good....and I loved the graphics...ToonLink's just cute...! :)

P.S. Hooch, those pig-things with the spears are Moblins...

~Swift

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
Sailing. I mean, The King of Red Lions was the first "real" Zelda vehicle, instead of an animal. I also enjoyed how there were so many surprises, like how
(spoiler alert!) The King of Red Lions was the King of Hyrule and Tetra was Princess Zelda.
Plus, It had some pretty good sequels. And, as my signature points out, It really becomes worth it having
Ganondorf get stabbed in the face.
In my opinion, this is THE best Zelda game.

So there.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Sailing and the 1st three dungeons were easy but the Wind and Earth Temples got a little bit challenging puzzle wise and annoying for me cuz Medli and Makar got imprisoned a lot, exploring and realizing I probably need an item I get later in the game for this part, the unique items never seen before and some old original items (I loved the Grappling Hook and when I realized I could sell Spoils Bag items to Beetle that made WW even better), the violin in the Legendary Hero story(BGM lover here:D),and just about all the BGM's in the game especially 1's with older BGM's hidden inside them.

E

Exodus_

The only part that I disliked about the game when I played it was the triforce hunt.

I really enjoyed getting the Triforce shards.
Reason being is that it took so long.
You had to get the charts.
Then get enough money to get them deciphered.
Then you had to sail to where the chart told you.

It took a long time but that is what i liked about it.

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
The triforce hunt was tedious but that aside, I think it's a great game with excellent graphics and music.

Toboe

Melody Malone
It's cool and fun, the puppet boss was challenging and the pigs are funny when you get them angry.

Zelda64

The Knight of the Wind
WW was my first Zelda game. How could I not like it? I wasn't bothered by sailing or temples. I just thought all of it was fun and at sometimes challenging. TP was way eaiser. But I was really dissapointed with Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. I think that a dungeon you have to go back to over and over again was a bad idea.

it has the most amazing plot of any of the zelda games, and was the most fun. Also had beautiful graphics that still look good today. :)

N

Nightstar

The Wind Waker as we all know it, is a great game. The cartoonish game design is just outstanding. But it does hurt my eyes when I play Majora's Mask and then switch over to The Wind Waker.

The dungeon are just the right length. The Boss battles are easy, but the looks of the Bosses are a big wonder.

That what makes The Wind Waker a good game.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I loved the wind waker because the credits music made me (almost) cry, because it was so epic. What made it good? Probably that it had the biggest emphasis on exploration since the 2-D titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom