• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How to Get All the Starters in One Game.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I had posted this on the Pokemon Dungeon, but of course they merged the two the day I posted it. So anyways, a while ago, my brother and I had figured out a way to get all of the starters for one game without cheats. You will need two games though.

So when you first play your game, you play until you can trade in it. When you can, trade the starter to the other game you have. Then restart the game. You do this two more times, but you don't need to delete your file for the third time. During the third time playing, trade both the starters from the other game back to your file. This can also work with legendaries (for when trading with a person with the game's other form), but it will take up more time to do so.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
This was already well known ( at least I think so) but it's great to see people trying to help others =). The problem with this is that you usually need to complete 2-3 gyms in order to be able to trade, I don't remember when you were able to do it in Black/White, but i remember that you needed to clear at least 3 gyms and then get to Ecruteak city to be able to trade any pokemon and that took some time.

Ever heard of breeding? Just get your friends to breed their starter so you can have a brand new Level 1 starter that they trade to you, and they get to keep theirs.

Naga

MUSICALITY!
The starter one has to be a girl, which is almost impossible for starters and the other one would either have to be a boy or a Ditto. I still think that trading at the GTS is one of the easiest ways because you could probably put a pokemon like Arceus in the GTS and the ask for a girl starter pokemon and then breed that one so you have an unlimited number of starter pokemon and can use that one to get the other ones. I was lucky enough to get a girl Chikorita when i first started my HeartGold as a starter, so i can skip the GTS step. Besides, the only way you can get Arceus is by going to the special event or with an Action Replay cheat. ( and AR is really cheap for what it can do, so you might just want to do that if you are OK with cheating....)

The starter one has to be a girl, which is almost impossible for starters and the other one would either have to be a boy or a Ditto. I still think that trading at the GTS is one of the easiest ways because you could probably put a pokemon like Arceus in the GTS and the ask for a girl starter pokemon and then breed that one so you have an unlimited number of starter pokemon and can use that one to get the other ones. I was lucky enough to get a girl Chikorita when i first started my HeartGold as a starter, so i can skip the GTS step. Besides, the only way you can get Arceus is by going to the special event or with an Action Replay cheat. ( and AR is really cheap for what it can do, so you might just want to do that if you are OK with cheating....)
Or you could use a handy-dandy Ditto like I do. It's compatible with all Pokemon except legendaries and Nidoqueen. My Ditto's Level 100 from being in the Daycare Center so long...

In the Gen II game, thanks to the cloning trick, it was possible to get all three starters in the game! Just don't fill up your boxes before doing it since they'll get LOST during the clone trick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom