• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Should I Get into Kingdom Hearts?

Kirino

Tatakae
I haven't played a Kingdom Hearts game before, but I would like to get into the series. The problem is that I don't know how. I hear that the story is very confusing and difficult to understand unless you played all the other games in the series. I don't have a PS2 or PS3, so I can't play Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2. So what should I do? Story is a very important thing to me in video games, so I'd rather not play them if I have no idea what's going on.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Do you have a PSP? Start with Birth by Sleep and move onto chronological order:

BBS > KH1 > Chain of Memories/358 Days > KH2 > Re:coded > Dream Drop Distance

This is the order that allows you, with a bit of care, to understand absolutely everything in the series, provided you SKIP BBS' secret movie, Blank Points, as it spoils a lot of stuff. Birth by Sleep is technically "KH0", or at least Nomura thinks it to be as much, and it is the start of everything. Slightly confusing if you don't have a tight head on, though.

The absolute best way to get into KH, though, is by playing release order:

KH1 > CoM > KH2 > Days > BBS > Re:Coded > DDD

This is the order that allows you, with a bit of care, to understand MOST of everything in the series. You don't need to skip anything because everything is gradually revealed to you. Gradually.

Good luck getting into KH!

Last edited:

Kirino

Tatakae
I do have a PSP, and i'll try to get it when I can. As for 1 & 2, I suppose I could buy a PS2 if it doesn't cost too much money. With a PS2 I'll be able to play all of them.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
A PS2 only costs about $50 used for a slim, and thankfully they're all used. You should definitely pick one up asap; the PS2 offers some of the best games ever created, including KH1, KH2 and KHRe:CoM.

Kuddlesnot

100% Video Creator
A PS2 only costs about $50 used for a slim, and thankfully they're all used. You should definitely pick one up asap; the PS2 offers some of the best games ever created, including KH1, KH2 and KHRe:CoM.

I wouldn't say that those are some of the best games ever created, but some of the best games ever created are on the PS2. I would put KH1 in that group i guess.

Actually, I would play in release order.

KH1 -> CoM -> KH2 -> Days -> BbS -> DDD

Skip Re:Coded if you don't have the money.

You'll have a greater appreciation for Birth by Sleep and 358/2 Days if you play 1 & 2 before them.

Like others have said, since you have a PSP, definitely get Birth by Sleep and play that first, since that's the beginning of it all. And PS2's should be dirt cheap by now, so finding one shouldn't be too hard.

I bought the BBS collector's edition just because it came with a PSP. There weren't that many game for that system that interested me other than BBS and Monster Hunter, lol.

Anyway, as others have also said, play in the chronological order:

BBS > KH1 > CoM > 358/2 Days > KH2 > Re:Coded > Dream Drop Distance

The KH story is somewhat confusing, but if you play in chronological order and pay attention, you'll understand it pretty well.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
Better to play in release order like others said(usally I'm against that but KH is an exception).

Good luck and drop down your pride of playing with Disney characters. The first time I played KH was when my brother had 2 and I thought it was gay because of the disney characters. But one day I was bored and played COM on my computer and liked it, thus the journey began.

Great games man get interested.

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
Since you dont have a ps2 or Ps3 here is what I (would and do) do. I search Kingdom Hearts walkthrough part 1 or something watch it like a movie. then when you are dont with that one then move on to kingdom hearts 2 watch it like a movie. I know it may sound stupid but It helped me get into Resident Evil a lot quicker.
And the games you can know you can buy you buy and play. But like everyone else you play by realse date!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom