• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How quickly do you think one could beat MM?

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
To be more specific: What is the least amount of 3-day cycles you could beat the game in (without glitches)?

Excluding the first one (which is basically just the tutorial) I'd say between 3-4. Probably closer to 4. If I were to complete each one of the dungeons in a single cycle it would take 4. The only tough one here would be the Zora dungeon seeing as you need to do the whole getting Epona, doing the stealth quest, and finding all the zora eggs. This may balance out though if you were to do the Woodfall and Snowhead missions in a single cycle.

That's just my thoughts, but I haven't really considered mixing the order or anything. Like, if you were to get all the transformation masks and unlock the dungeons but then do all the dungeons themselves in a different cycle. What do you guys think?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I think a 2-cycle is possible with glitches? But y'all know I'm morally opposed to those, so I think the least possible is a 3-cycle. Counting the Deku cycle ofc.

MW7

I think the main hurdle for most people (it was for me) is trying to reach Epona in time. One thing that can help if you're struggling is to think about the item progression and how the areas of the game unlock. The bow unlocks Snowhead, and the fire arrows unlock the powder keg which allows you to reach the ranch in time to learn Epona's Song. Epona's Song unlocks Great Bay and the first part of Ikana Canyon. Once you have the hookshot and the masks needed for Ikana, you can go everywhere. The ice arrows aren't needed to reach all of Ikana because there's a tree on the N64 version of the game that can be reached without any glitches; it's just precise.

A strategy to make it easier to reach Epona in time is to just leave Woodfall and Snowhead once you collect the dungeon items because they can be wrapped up quickly once you have more items. The Snowhead Temple is very fun to play with the hookshot as it lets you do all sorts of skips without glitches, and the Woodfall Temple becomes a 5 minute dungeon with the fire arrows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom