• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda How Many of You Guys Named Link "Zelda" First Time Playing

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
The first time playing legend of zelda I named link "zelda" and ended up starting the second quest before I did the first and had a heck of a time doing it. So I was wondering, has this happened to you?
Wait, naming it Zelda starts the second quest?! I never knew. But I always named him Kyle. (my name)

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
I don't believe that I did, my memory is admittedly terrible though.

I can only remember using the name 'Zelda' in Link's Awakening to see if the music changed.

I don't recall the first name I gave him. Now, he just "Link." First time I played LttP, I named him after a certain monkey with a white beard who frequents a different Nintendo series. Now that was interesting. :lol:

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
With Link's Awakening I did, but not the first time. The first time I used Link. But I have used Zelda in it after that. But not in over ten years. I usually use Link for most of the time. I sometimes use my own name, which fits in nicely without stretching the text because it's four letters. I do sometimes use Zelda for the name of the baby in the Oracle games. I have used that more than once.

I would of, but my cousin made me aware what his name was. Danny, brothers loser friend, named him Zelda though:lol:

Last edited:

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
Nope. First game I played was Link's Awakening, so I knew his name was Link right off the bat :P But since my mom had a profile on there named Link and I didn't want any confusion, I just named him Alex, after myself.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I knew Link's name from Super Smash Bros., like most people seem to. Still, I named him after myself. Only in later years did I realize how weird it was for the Hero to have my name... XD

Haha, I pity you. I've always wondered if that happened to people - that they named Link "Zelda" in the original and ended up doing the Second Quest.

MasterSwordBoy1

Hero of Pie
I was five I think when I first played Zelda, and yes, I named Link Zelda because I thought Link's name was Zelda.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom