• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Long Have You Had Your Video Game Console?

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
Ah, I vividly remember gathering up all my birthday money 10 years ago to spend a hundred bucks on my gold N64 :)
I got my gamecube in 2003, and my Wii as a holiday present in either 2006 or 2007, not sure.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Got my SNES since 1994, that's 16 of the nearly 23 years I've lived :) And I also had a Gameboy (1993) but someday I think it was around 2000 I left it outside in the rain so now there are many horizontal and vertical blank lines in the display :( I unfortunately never had any other console (borrowed a NES in '93), but my best friend had a N64. I'm looking forward to getting a Wii HD when it's out and not too expensive (250€ would be the very maximum)
EDIT: First game on the NES was the original SMB, on the SNES it was SMW and on the Gameboy I started with Tetris

Last edited:

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
well, my fisrt CONSOLE was a ps2, but i had to share it and it was like in 2004-6ish but my first gaming unit ever was the gameboy advanced sp, in like 2003-6ish - i really cant remeber well, but i do remeber my fisr games - devil may cry and the star wars episode three

Sega Genesis- 15-16 years, that's my entire life.
Nintendo Gameboy: 13-14 years
Nintendo Gameboy Color: 11-12 years
Nintendo 64: 11-12 years
Nintendo Gamecube (Black): 7-8 years
Nintendo Gamecube (Platinum)- 6-7 years
Nintendo DS Lite: 3-4 years
Nintendo Wii: 2-3 years
Nintendo DSi: not even a year

Yeah, that's all the consoles I own. Well, the Sega Genesis is my older brother's.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I get all my consoles on Launch. They've lasted well. The only ones that ever broke were my PS2 (fat version broke, slim is okay), my PS3 (3 of them broke), and my 360 (I just got my 5th 360). So, now I'm just without a PS3, no biggie. I've had this 360 for a couple days now, but I'm sure it'll break within a month. They always do. :<

Everything else, though... all my Nintendo systems, Sega systems, handhelds, everything I've had since US launch dates.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Let's see....

My SNES from the last stock of SNES in Japan
My N64 from the Lanuch itself
My gameboy Color, Advance, SP from the releasedate itself
My Wii came to me 3 years after it's official release. :P

They all still work and are in perfect, working condition, as to the games, some of them.....have died on me, So i use an emulator to play my broken games that I can no longer play.

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
Well, my parents got a NES before I was born, and a Sega Genesis sometime after I was born. Eventually, they all got passed down to me. ;P I don't know when we got the SNES, but I'd play it all the time. We got a 64 sometime after its release. We bought the Gamecube from two of my cousins, but I think that was like...half a year after its release. I got a Gameboy Advance SP but I don't remember when.. We eventually got a Wii a year after it came out. My DS Lite was two or three years ago. The Playstation 2 was quite a few years ago, I don't remember when. I also have a lot of extra systems (two more SNES, an Atari, another NES) from a few cousins many many years ago, but I don't use them.

Yeah, too many systems. *dizzy*

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
My first system was a Gameboy Advanced SP, which I got not long after its release as a present. I had no idea the SP even existed when I asked for a GBA. I distinctly remember all the boys at school crowding around me to see it the first time I brought it to school in...4th grade I think.

My Gamecube...I'm not actually sure. I think it was maybe a year after its release, maybe more, maybe less, I really don't remember. I just know I loved that big ole hunk of circuitry.

My first DS lite was given to me the Christmas of the year of its release, so Dec 2006. It was such a long wait.

My Wii was a random gift my mom got from a co-worker in Feb 2007. We couldn't find any in stores for the 06 holiday season, which was depressing, and then mom just randomly brings one home one day out of the blue. It was awesome.

My second DS lite was a Christmas gift Dec 2009. There wasn't anything wrong with my first, but apparently my aunt didn't know I already had one, so I kept the new one and gave the old one to my 6 year old brother.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I've had my Wii since September 2007 so a little over two years.
I've had my DSi since launch last year, so a little over a year.
I've had my Gamecube since my birthday (in September) back in 2003, so a little more than six years.
I've had my PS2 since Christmas 2009, so almost half a year.
I've had my original phat DS since Christmas 2004, so five and a hald years.

Kazumi

chagy
Let me see if I can remember (probably not):

Wii - Since June 2007.
DS Lite - Since June 2008.
DS - Since Early 2009 (A friend gave me his old DS because my DS Lite was ruined)
DSi - Since Christmas 2009.
PS2 - Since Christmas 2000.
GC - Since Summer 2009.
N64 - Since Summer 2009.
GBA - Since Christmas... Um... Uh... 2005ish?
GBC - Don't ask, because I don't remember.

And I think that would be it. So yeah..

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I don't remember the exact date but I've had several consoles for a long time now. I like the Xbox360 better. I'd say a few years back though, I just don't remember.

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
I've had my:
gameboy colors since 2000
My gameboy advance since 2002
my Gameboy Advance SP in 2003
My DS and PSP since 2005
My Wii since 2007
My Laptop Since 2008

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom