• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How large are you expecting BotW's cast to be?

The BotW demo kept hush about the NPCs and villages and towns youll be abke to find in the game, but with BotW being so large how big do you think the roster is going to be?

How many main characters do you think we'll see and how crowded do you expect the populated areas to be?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
3 characters. Link, Old Man, and the voice. Everything else is optional since players can just go to Ganon from the get go and the game seems to have no structure.

Link
Zelda
Impa
Old Man
The main villain actually controlling Calimity Ganon

I expect towns with numerous extra NPCs to be on the scale of Witcher 3's smaller villages. It would make sense since this is a devestated Hyrule it seems.

From the size of the map, I expect there will be several small towns, with bunches of NPCs doing whatever they have to do. I assume the main characters will be limited, considering that the usual role for major characters is to help Link on his quest, and BotW seems pretty self controlled.

I also believe that this will have a lot less main characters than the previous Zelda games but i just can't say how many NPCs we will have. maybe several villages/towns or just random people/houses scattered around the land. we saw the woodcutters house in the E3 demo so it might be a lot like that.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Main characters I expect will include the old man, Zelda and Ganon. I am positive that Impa will also be amongst the cast. It just would feel so right with all the sheikah related stuff.

As for other NPC's I expect quite a few settlements including Gorons and Zoras and I imagine they will be the biggest yet. As for humans I recon there will be a fair few with some large settlements and a lot more smaller ones or simply lone wilderness inhabitants.

As a lot of people said I think it will be Link, the voice, Zelda (if she's not the voice), Impa (or a new Sheikah) and Ganon. I also hope to see a new race somewhere in the world, and maybe, if we're lucky, Tingle

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
Of main characters? :/ well that all depends on what we are considering as a main character. Are we just talking about characters that directly influence the story. Would Telma, Rusl and the village kids count as main characters? If yes to that, I would say at least 30 main characters. What makes me most curious is that they mentioned we would meet a character right as we get off of the plateau... I wonder who it is.

Main characters I expect will include the old man, Zelda and Ganon. I am positive that Impa will also be amongst the cast. It just would feel so right with all the sheikah related stuff.

As for other NPC's I expect quite a few settlements including Gorons and Zoras and I imagine they will be the biggest yet. As for humans I recon there will be a fair few with some large settlements and a lot more smaller ones or simply lone wilderness inhabitants.
I feel like it's nice they haven't shown that much about the game. we have seen a lot in relation to the plateau but not much about the rest of the world is known which may be good. sometimes it is nice to not know what you are getting into and find out as you go along

I suspect there'll be a large cast of random NPCs in the villages and what not. And some will probably give Link sidequests.

Likely a few Gorons, Zoras, etc in their own settlements too.

But 'major' characters will likely be limited. Since well, Ganon doesn't have a 'dragon' type character/main servant, and no equivalent of Impa exists in this title.

I think that there will be a few villages around since the map is so large. There will be a few smaller villages, but I expect there to be 4 or 5 more prominent villages with at least one important NPC in each. Plus, there are all the sheikah in the shrines. So probably Link, Zelda, Ganon, Voice, Old Man, Impa, 4 to 5 people in villages, and probably 3 to 4 important NPC characters like Gorons, Zora, Deku Tree...

So all in all, probably about 13 to 15 necessary characters to get through the whole game.

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
I think the main storyline will have a fairly short list of characters, probably the obvious people, Link, Zelda, Old Guy, possibly Impa based on the amount of Shiekah influence on the world. Other than that, possibly other world leaders like King Zora and a Goron King (possibly from Darunia's lineage).
With that said, though, if they really play up each town with cool side characters, that would add a lot. Anju and Kafei had very little influence on the overall story of Majora's Mask, but they're much more memorable than Zelda, as far as that game goes. I think this world will be rife with that kind of character in every village.

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
Since the world is so huge and the story is supposed to be discovered the more you explore... Couldn't any NPC have the possibility of being a main character?

Roger Rad

The Fabulous One
I think they're gonna go all out with characters of some importance. Talking to NPC's has always been a big thing in Zelda games. It would be a shame for a game of this proportion to have less of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom