• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How is the Split Timeline Possible?

Z

zelda_gamer

I'm not sure, although I'm pretty sure it was in the sacred realm, not the Twilight Realm. He is sealed there in Twilight Princess though. So yeah, I didn't really mean to say he wasn't sealed in the Twilight Realm at all, but when I said he wasn't, I was referring to in Ocarina of Time. I was just correcting you on saying he was sealed in the Twilight Realm in Ocarina of Time.

Sorry, but I wasn't thinking for a minute. Ganondorf does get sealed in the Twilight Realm, but only before Twilight Princess, not at the end of Ocarina of Time. At the end of Ocarina of Time I am 100% sure that Ganondorf is sealed into some place in the Sacred Realm, not the Twilight Realm. I was just trying to correct you on stating that he was sealed in the Twilight Realm at the end of Ocarina of Time in the initial post.
didi say the twilight real at the end it Oot? oops. didnt mean to type that. :P and i dont think zelda and the rest of the sages would have sealed gannon to where the triforce is kept. im alm ost positive she said they were gonna seal him in the dark realm.

Because, what happens in OoT happens, you play the game and end it in the future, and Ganondorf has been sealed in that future.
Then Zelda sends you back in time, to prevent it all from ever happening in the first place, but the other future keeps exisiting, just that without Link.

So in the past, after sealing Ganondorf because you know what he'll do, you go to Majora's Mask, changing the events you really did in the OoT gameplay as a child.
But the other future still continues, but without Link there, that's why in Wind Waker we're told in the intro that Ganondorf broke out, but there was no hero to defeat him (because Link was sent to the past).

So yeah, that's pretty much it n__n
You'd think that going to the past would have changed the future, but it didn't...
you would think that. that is what i think. but i guesse the legend of zelda doesnt follow the rules of temporal mechanics (rules of time) :P

and another question. after link and the sages seal gannon away and link goes back to the past and replaces the master sword. does link close the door of time stopping the flow of time between the 2 timelines, creating the 2 timelines? is this a possibility?

I OoT, when you go back to the past and change something, something relating to that change has happened in the future. If Zelda hadn't closed the Door of Time when she sent him back, as soon as Link told Zelda about Ganondorf's treachery, the future (adult) would cease to exist, because Ganondorf would be put to justice. There was one timeline in OoT before Zelda sealed the Door, because Link wasn't moving between two timelines, he was just moving up and back on one timeline.

When she closed the Door, she made it so that the future she was living in would no longer be dependant on the past she was sending Link back to. In this way, Ganondorf could be tried and executed (unsuccessfully) in the past, while he would be sealed in the Sacred Realm in the future while the future would also continue to exist.

This effectively created the two timelines, which I have described above.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
One timeline, the child timeline, continues when zelda sends link into the past, and his life continues from there. the second timeline, the adult timeline, occurs when zelda did not send link back into the back, and he did not go to termina. ganon is in the sacred realm and he is not executed. :triforce:

B

brandonaw4

My thought are that when Zelda Sent link back in time and sealed the door she made the split happen so at the end of OoT they sealed ganon in the sacred realm when link was an adult and then he broke out which then followed into TWW story. But when link went back to his normal time era as a kid he told zelda ganon's plan which then since the door was sealed to the sacred realm they couldn't seal him in there so they sent him into the twilight realm which would explain how he ended up in the twilight realm in TP

Games completed: LoZ, ALttP, OoT, MM, TWW, MC, TP, PH
Working on: AoL, ST
Favorite: Majora's Mask

Last edited by a moderator:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
the second timeline, the adult timeline, occurs when zelda did not send link back into the back, and he did not go to termina. ganon is in the sacred realm and he is not executed. :triforce:
But she did send him back. The AT is just the time in which Link is absent after being sent back to a different timeline. As I said before, it's not a 'what if' situation. It's two ramifications of the act of meddling with time.

crazeh navi

Guardian of Equestria
there is one thing that continues to bother me: how did hyrule go so far down the crapper before LoZ happened? there used to be cities and towns and stuff. now in LoZ if you are lucky you find an old person in a cave. :/

there is one thing that continues to bother me: how did hyrule go so far down the crapper before LoZ happened? there used to be cities and towns and stuff. now in LoZ if you are lucky you find an old person in a cave. :/

samething.jpg
LoZ's Hyrule is just a small southern portion of the rest of Hyrule, which we see in AoL.

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
In the end of OoT, Zelda sends link back in time, therefor,if theory is correct, child link goes and tells child Zelda of gannondor's intentions. then he is sealed into the twilight (in the child timeline). this means that link would never of had to defeat gannon, so he never would have had to pull the master sword oppening the sacred realm allowing gannondorf to obtain the ToP. so if gannondorf was seald away, then the events of the "adult timeline" never would have occured. unless instead of splitting time when zelda sent link back, she was aactually splitting time and space itself, creating another dimension/universe? please give your thoughts:)

ps. sorry if there is already a thread like this.

Yes. This is what's happening. An alternate Universe was made. Link wasn't there because he was in a different universe. It's very confusing if one person has to different lives.

H

HammerOfHutch

At the end of the game young link is sent back 7 years before but he still had all of his knowledge so he could remember ganons intentions, whereas at the start of the game he knows nothing of ganon and cannot warn zelda or the king, which means zelda was able to stop it before ganondorf invaded. Then link went of to termina in search of navi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom