• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda How Do You Feel About a Zelda Movie

Septimis Skype

TheLastCenturion
How do you feel about a zelda movie i think if it was done right it would be awesome. the main thing i would have a problem with is if the based the movie on just one game that would be horrible. so please share your thoughts

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The main problem with a Zelda movie is casting the right person for Link. Doubtless Link would get a voice and doubtless people would be *****ing, but that's besides the point. They need someone who is relateable to a massive amount of people in order to have a proper Link. Who, though?

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Unless it were very long, a Zelda movie would likely mitigate the adventure aspect of the franchise. While it may seem pointless for Link to fight monster after monster on screen, these engagements are crucial to the development of his character and plot advancement. What I'm worried would occur if complete focus on the battle between Link and Ganondorf. While that's a central part of series lore, there is so much more.

If you really want another generic fantasy movie with nothing in common with the series besides names, than a Zelda movie is a fantastic idea.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
They'd have to do it right, you know? Plus, I'd vote no to live-action. If it were live-action, it would only look like a bunch of cos-players got together and decided to make a movie. I'd opt for either 3-D animation, or anime (Based off of one of the Mangas). Though, I'll be honest: If a movie did ever come out (Which is doubtful), I'd probably go see it, craptastic or not, simply for the novelty.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
The trailer that IGN released back in 2009 looked absolutely glorious! If it were real, it looked like it could be great since it was sort of a combination of OOT and TP by the looks of it. I only didn't like the way Ganondorf looked. But if they made a movie like that, it could be great!

There actually is a Zelda movie online, and it can be seen on Veoh. It's called the Hero of Time. I watched it, but I can't really say that I enjoyed it. It didn't feel like Zelda to me, although I loved the way they portrayed Ganondorf. This was a low-budget internet only movie though, so I don't know if it counts.

As for if I want an official movie based off the Zelda series, sure, if it's done well enough. The Super Mario Bros. movie sucks, so I definitely wouldn't want a Zelda movie to turn out like that. They'd have to do it so as to actually show the adventure aspect that the games have. Take Pokemon as an example of what a good Zelda movie would be, if Pokemon were live action. The anime really does do the games justice, and I would only enjoy a Zelda movie if it did the games justice. It is something that would have to be done very carefully, but it could turn out to be really cool!

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
They'd have to do it right, you know? Plus, I'd vote no to live-action. If it were live-action, it would only look like a bunch of cos-players got together and decided to make a movie. I'd opt for either 3-D animation, or anime (Based off of one of the Mangas). Though, I'll be honest: If a movie did ever come out (Which is doubtful), I'd probably go see it, craptastic or not, simply for the novelty.

Its like the live action dragon ball movie, as horrible as it was, I had to watch it... like 6 times, only once in theatre though, god it wasn't worth paying to see again.

But, back on topic of Zelda movie, it could be done decently enough, but just simply fighting monsters for 2 hours doesn't make for a good movie, and collecting medallions/ spirit stones wouldn't really fit the movie format as well either.

But if they were to do it off of a game, it would have to be OoT, or for comedic effect they could do MM, and have Bill Murry as link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom